Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COVID-19 news & status

+10
Lovebird
tomi1000
Pedidoc
ekba
Rig D
AutumnTiger
Narrowminded
ShelleyM
marcadav
Meant2Move
14 posters

Page 35 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Go down

COVID-19 news & status - Page 35 Empty Re: COVID-19 news & status

Post by Rig D Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:54 am

Week 38 Stats
COVID-19 news & status - Page 35 2021_321

2020 vs 21
COVID-19 news & status - Page 35 20_vs_21

Hospital Use
COVID-19 news & status - Page 35 Hospit25
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:14 pm

I don't even know what to say. This is in Saskatchewan, Canada.

https://www.620ckrm.com/2021/10/12/covid-enforcement-team-and-secure-location-for-covid-isolation/?fbclid=IwAR2iGOJ5TO2DDix0NNb27Gfutnvc0yqO0SohTUoWRqDnw8GrFhM_nuMeMLw

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:39 pm

Hmmm... "Your papers, please!"
Oh, it is definitely all about disease control, dontcha know.
And aren't "we" cute with our naming conventions. Hopefully the "clients" will not have too many menial tasks to "pay for" their stay.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:59 pm

Big Brother is watching you. Praying it doesn't come to a province near you.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:34 am

Yeah, we have that. If you test positive they shunt you off to quarantine. If you escape they "recapture" you.

Plus, this weekend a massive vaxathon. Purportedly so we can all have summer.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:49 am

Interesting thought that was brought up at the rally we attended on the weekend.......

As of October 30th you must be vaccinated to get on a plane or train in Canada. This means that we are literally hostages in our own country. If you are not vaxxed you can not leave the country. There was a speaker at the rally who grew up under communist rule in Russia. He was telling us how, when he was young, he literally was not allowed to leave the country. He was saying how this rule makes Canada NOT a free country. We have a right to mobility. We have a right to leave and enter the country as Canadians. But now the government is discriminating who can leave and who is a hostage here. I thought this was interesting to mention as it shows how far governments are going that claim to be "democratic, free nations".

ETA: I just read a news article concerning my city. The case of FULLY VAXED now surpass those who are not vaccinated.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:15 pm

It's getting really crazy Ontario.

I still believe in free choice, I don't think mandates of restrictions are the answer. Would it stop the virus if there was 100% vax? Not sure that it would.

Here in the states, airlines and others that have made vax mandatory for employment are struggling as people are quitting vs getting vaxxed or some getting fired. Causing shortages in many industries.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:45 pm

Week 38 Stats
COVID-19 news & status - Page 35 Wk_39_10

2020 vs 21
COVID-19 news & status - Page 35 20_vs_22

Hospirtal Usage
COVID-19 news & status - Page 35 Hospit26
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:25 pm

As mentioned in my journal, they are now calling people up to get them booked for an appointment. I was called on Sunday. Yep, the government is now harassing us to get vaxxed.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:46 pm

Something interesting to watch coming out of Ontario, Canada. Apparently, 15% of our health care workers are unvaccinated. This 15% refused the mandatory vaccine at this time. The mandated vax date comes down Friday for my city. Different cities have different dates. My city is a huge, huge, healthcare facilities city. We have teaching hospitals and research centres.

The government is now saying that if the 15% actually refuse and get fired there will be a collapse of the provincial health care system.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:29 pm

Unfortunately, similar things are happening here. Medical professionals, airline attendants and others with companies that have mandated vax, as losing employees and it is causing shortages and delays, depending on the industry. Its amazing how us lay people can see the results very clearly, but the higher up think a mandate with make everyone jump on the bandwagon. This isn't going to end well I fear.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:06 am

My employer has announced that we have to file a vax status by 11/1 so they know the "lay of the land." If/when the Bid~n flubministration ever finds their round tuit and gets their 100 employee mandate on paper, or WalMart, Kroger, etc demand vax, they will be prepared.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:55 am

Narrowminded wrote:Unfortunately, similar things are happening here.  Medical professionals, airline attendants and others with companies that have mandated vax, as losing employees and it is causing shortages and delays, depending on the industry.  Its amazing how us lay people can see the results very clearly, but the higher up think a mandate with make everyone jump on the bandwagon.  This isn't going to end well I fear.

Yes, I saw the news about Southwest Airlines having to basically shut down flights. That was interesting.

I am also hearing that many fully vaxxed people are now rising up about the mandates. They are not standing for forced vax and violation of rights.

As I have said all along...I am not anti-vax. I am pro-autonomy. We should ALL be able to choose what is right for us as individuals. Gay, straight, abled, disabled, religious, non-religious, young, old, vaxxed, non-vaxxed.

When we deny the rights of one we deny the rights of all. It's a slippery slope.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:23 pm

+1
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:26 pm

Rig, will you decline to submit your personal medical information to your employer? I would imagine they are in breach of privacy to ask for it. You don't even have a mandate yet. Even a mandate is not law, and even a law is unlawful if it is in breach of human rights and the Nuremburg code.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:16 pm

Had dinner with friends tonight who have a close friend working at the hospitals still and filling out death certificates. The default is COVID and you cannot change it.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:08 am

The default? Wow!
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:48 am

Annie, I'm not sure how I will respond as yet. I don't know if it is a "fill in the blanks" questionnaire or not, if it is, I may default to answering things with "MYOB" (mind your own business.) On the other hand, I may try to give a full explanation of my position, not that it will matter. As far as the legal aspects in regard to privacy, that appears to be widely ignored, if not non existing, under the current Bid~n flubministration, where whatever they want to do is fine, and if what you want to do differs, you will be punished.

Pedi, that is outrageous! But on that same score, I had an interesting experience at WalMart a few days back. A woman standing in the lengthy customer service line got triggered by someone's comment and went off on a 10 minute rant -- She is an RN who specializes in cardio<something> and got fired by asking questions and challenging decisions on patient care related to Covid. The most interesting tidbit she dropped was that the two big health organizations here, which run all the hospitals and have a ton of MD's employed (including mine) have decreed that any MD who prescribes hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin to a patient for Covid will be fired immediately.

Remember, you aren't considered Vaxxed until 2 wks after your second shot.
from OpenVaers Red Box Summaries at https://openvaers.com/covid-data

COVID-19 news & status - Page 35 Openva10
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:42 pm

I agree with Rig, it is outrageous they are using Covid like that. I knew it happened early on, but I thought or maybe hoped that was changing.

It is also outrageous that they will fire you (MD) for prescribing a med that "they" (non-physicians) don't approve of. Hydroxychloroquin is what cured my FL friend. He had pneumonia from Covid and was out of the hospital in 3 days and that was early on in this whole mess.

Scary what is going on around the world.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:42 pm

The insurance companies are pushing for patients to pay for their hospitalizations when the hospitals stop getting extra for COVID patients. We think the number will drop at that point. They also had an elderly friend who’s wife died of a heart attach at home (no s/sx of illness) and her death certificate listed COVID as the cause of death. The life insurance company declined paying to the beneficiaries because it was a COVID death.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:38 pm

Agreed, but many things are wrong with this entire issue.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next