COVID-19 news & status

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

COVID-19 news & status Empty COVID-19 news & status

Post by Rig D on Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:13 am

Hi all. We've had a lot of posts hitting on this topic, I thought having a common location for information might be useful. This triggered by this post from Ontario about China: http://primalforums.forumotion.com/t407p525-moving-forward-toward-better-health-part-6#32100

News from Ohio: Gov. DeWine at his now daily 2pm press conference announced that all nursing homes in the state will now be limiting patient visits to 1 per day, and those visitors will be temperature checked and a log kept of visits. Ohio has now had a person with the virus that is "community spread".

He also announced that the NCAA Basketball Tournament Play in games here in Dayton will be restricted-- no fans, just the teams and their support staff, their families, and the broadcast media.  Heard later in the day that NCAA will be doing this on all games. If that is true, someone will be taking a gigantic financial hit, the NCAA tourney is always jam packed, and the host cities have to get a big financial boost from all of them coming in, air lines, hotels, restaurants.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 news & status Empty Re: COVID-19 news & status

Post by perennialpam on Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:31 am

DM called today saying "guess we won't be seeing much of each other."  I am hoping that for her residence I will be able to visit and I am concerned whether her Hospice caretakers will be able to visit too.  Much concern for all.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:36 am

Canada - currently sitting at a whopping 117 cases. For frame of reference that is 117 out of 37 million people. 99% of people you talk to here think it's all ridiculous hype and very few are worried. However, the stock of masks, water, toilet paper, and canned meats at the grocery stores and Costco would speak to a different tune. People are stockpiling like crazy. I have no idea who these people are because they're not the people I'm talking to.

Otherwise, it's business as usual here. In Canada our Charter Rights protect citizens from being put on lock-down so that's never going to happen here. It would take an act of government - the ENTIRE government - and then approval by the Queen to make that happen. Like I said, highly unlikely!

There is zero talk here about closing schools etc. ONE university way up in Norther Ontario has closed classes and has only online classes but they seem to be the anomaly.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:33 pm

Goodness..... Rolling Eyes

BREAKING NEWS

Seriously, it really IS breaking news here, in Canada....apparently the Prime Minister and his wife are in self-isolation because Sophie Trudeau (the PM's wife) has a fever and they are waiting on the test results.

So, there ya' go. That is Canada's big news of the day.

ETA: They just cancelled all schools for three weeks.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:05 pm

We extended spring break for another week for face to face students only. Online students will continue as planned. We are moving all face to face classes to an online format including hospital clinicals. I doubt we will have students on campus again this semester.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ekba on Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm

My company banned almost all business trips today. I was supposed to go to Chicago next week. I was happy to cancel the trip, and avoid going through Newark and O’Hare airports.

I am expecting that they will have us work from home soon.
ekba
ekba

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:53 pm

Schools falling like flies here with closings.

Yup TP, paper towels, hand sanitizer, cleaning products all sold out from whomever is hoarding.

Saw a FB post that says it all. “To those of you doing all the hoarding, you are not helping because you want the other guy to be clean and germ free and if you hoard it all, they can’t be. Something to that effect.

Which this just reminded me, DD is supposed to fly south in two weeks and has interviews lined up...
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:54 am

Ekba, avoiding Newark and O'Hare would be a good thing even in the best of circumstances.

DST started a new job, is in training for the next couple of months. Now he is in limbo as the new company has closed all their offices until further notice. The Cincy office was supposed to close a major deal today, that is on hold. His actual boss isn't in Cincy, but in Denver, I don't think T has been able to reach him yet.

Y'day Aldi was wiped out of all TP, all cleaning wipes, etc. Food in plentiful supply.

Ohio -- Schools are all closed. Now banning all gatherings > 100. It takes a full minute or two to read the list of exceptions, but still...

Church services are exempted, but our church will be skipping the "greet" period where everyone wanders around saying high.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:20 pm

Dang! I too am seeing the TP shortage. And bleach wipes. Still kleenix on the shelves.

My university moved to at least 2 weeks of online classes following spring break, maybe longer. IT is figuring out how to accommodate employees working from home with secure access if needed.

Dept of Ed is discouraging K-12 schools from closing saying that could actually put students at greater risk, but they will follow guidance from the AZ Dept of Health Services and county health offices. So if/when there are more cases, that will change.

To date, no cases in northern AZ for which I am grateful. But this TP thing... Ugh! Got to admit, out of curiosity I checked online and my preferred brand is widely out of stock. What a Face
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by marcadav on Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:17 pm

Oregon's Governor Brown has closed all public schools for 2 weeks and put a 250 person limit on group activities. My local fire department transported a patient on 3/5/20 that has now tested positive for covid-19. 5 medical responders are self quarantined. My niece and her husband work at our local fire department.

Stores in the area are short on TP, bleach wipes and other cleaning supplies. My daughter just let me know that the store she just went to is out of her favorite chocolate.

I went to our only Costco yesterday, arriving at !0:15am. No parking spaces were to be had.

marcadav

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:31 pm

Our Gov closed all K-12 schools for 2 weeks, maybe more. The district my kids went to is closed until 4/14 along with a neighboring district. Most colleges are on-line only thru the end of the semester. Doesn’t affect DD as her classes were that anyway this semester.

Store here out of the same things, but lots of fresh food. I’ve heard canned tuna and pasta are out as well. I’d bet the gluten free pasta is still there Smile. Also heard Costco ran out of meat locally.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:40 pm

DS3 came home from work at the neighborhood Walmart and said the only aisle not decimated was the one with beer and wine. It is crazy!!
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ekba on Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:24 pm

We only had about a dozen people on my floor today at work. Normally 100 or more. I came home mid-afternoon, and I will work from home next week.

I stopped at the store to get some shelf stable milk for coffee, just in case. They were out of that, but I did get some nice cheese and curry sauerkraut.
ekba
ekba

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:07 am

As of y'day, Ohio had 16 cases, 6 in the same family. None in our county, 1 south of us near Cincinnati. Others in far north.
Our church has canceled Sunday services for unknown period. Emailed everyone to join in a streaming service on Sunday. DDK reports she can't find disinfecting wipes, bleach, isopropyl alcohol in Oregon. We were in several stores the other day and these are gone here too.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:49 am

Unfortunately for me and mom my cold has come back.  I was starting to feel that awful sinus feeling on Thursday and yesterday it got worse.  

For me:  how to pay moms bills without her checkbook, change her wax things in her hearing aids.  Other things will come up. The home has sequestered all the residents and I hope they have a plan for helping in weird ways.  I may be setting up her bill payment at her bank like I do my own.  Thank goodness I have all receipts/invoices for her normal bills....like the all important tv.  

Hope everyone else stays clear of a cold.  If it gets worse I plan on getting tested if possible.  

No cases in the county I live in but the county I visit most often had 12 at last count.  I just looked.  25 cases in michigan and only 3 in the county I visit most often.  

Thinking of you all with hopes of good outcomes.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:48 pm

One confirmed case in my county and one the county over. Of course there are other possibles, but not provens.

Just got home from the grocery with some things I needed generally. Same items missing, although they did have some paper towel. Interesting though, could get all the GF pasta I wanted, while the reg was gone. Bread was pretty much decimated too. No organic chicken, very little chicken at all. Most of the meat was pretty picked over. I did find it interesting that they had plenty of snack foods.

Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:59 am

Today we are 14 days out from the BBQ cook off, that we know several confirmed cases attended. Tuesday will be 14 days out from the first official day of the rodeo. As of yesterday, we had 28 confirmed cases. It will be interesting to see what happens the next couple of days.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM on Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:28 am

We haven't seen any in our county. All NM schools are closed for 3 weeks at least. Gatherings limited to <100. The county hasn't done anything official, but we canceled all our youth activities. We tend to keep in line with the schools.
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:36 pm

In the eastern part of the state, bars and eat-in restaurants are now closed by order of the gov. That’s our hardest hit area at this point. 2 confirmed in our country a 70 and 60 yo from the same household.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:16 am

Bars/restaurants closed in Ohio as of y'day evening. Does not affect drive thru or take out. 37 cases now in Ohio as of this AM. We live near the county line between Montgomery and Greene, no cases in either. Gov. Mike DeWine (or as I call him, De-Whine) continues to be keeping Ohio on the bleeding edge of curtailing activities. Hope he is right in what he's doing.

I did work y'day at WalMart. Our events are being cancelled now week by week, essentially we can't do anything with food unless it is served in original sealed packaging. But we are on call for going in to help clean. I cleaned a bunch of cash register lanes, vending machines at both entries, and just a whole slew of cooler doors in meat, dairy, and frozen foods. Customers in a good mood, no panic evident. When I left there was no milk at all, only a few high end organic eggs, not much meat, cold cuts, etc. and no TP, cleaning wipes, etc.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ekba on Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:28 pm

First work from home day today. I achieved moderate efficiency..

Our county now has 6 confirmed cases, and the county across the river in PA has 5. More to come as testing increases no doubt.

Restaurants and bars on both sides of the river are takeout or delivery only. We are well stocked, but we’ll try to support our favorite local places with some takeout nights.
ekba
ekba

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:37 pm

None in my county of residence but 25 in the county I visit often.  

Cancelled haircut today.   Poor hair stylist.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:36 pm

30 in our area. Just went to takeout or drive through only. University still is having faculty come in to work on online courses, scratching my head over that one.....
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:00 pm

Our governor announced Sunday evening that all public (K-12) schools were to close through March 27, then they will reassess.

Still no known cases in northern AZ.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:54 pm

Public schools K-12 closed until April 10.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum