Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:04 am

It seems my diary is the next one coming up on splitting due to number of posts, so I’m starting a new one, so I don’t have to try and figure out how to get to the old content.

This first post is just to get things going again. Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:11 am

I woke with that blasted headache still hanging on. Crossing my fingers it goes away quickly. Dr encouraged me to get through 2 weeks saying any side effects that might pop up with this should leave. We will see.

Crazy thing is I didn’t have these issues with this back when started taking it 6 years ago. Of course 6 years ago I wasn’t fully primal either. My body has changed so much in that time as has my eating. Not sure if that has something to do with it or not.

DH woke with good stats this morning, hoping it can stay that way. I’m also going to try and see if I can head the anxiety attack off at the pass by giving him meds about 2 hours prior to when it seems to start.

Have a full day planned. With visiting my mom and taking DD for a bit of shopping.

I’ll be back later with updates.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:16 am

Clever move, starting a new journal thread. Smile Ditto on the link added to sig.  Wink

As you can see the old thread is locked already, so any new replies will show up here.

Sorry to hear your headache is a stubborn one. Hope it goes away soon.

Birthday wishes to your Mom. Have fun!
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:19 am

Wow, LB, how did that lock so fast? It was open when I did this just minutes ago. Sure glad I did that now. Smile

I’ll be sure to tell Mom, thank you.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:30 am

Cuz I locked it for you Sue... just happened to be around and notice... great thinking on adding the link to the new one in the final reply... Cool

If primalforums had anything to do with it, it would have locked at 990 posts, like with Pedidocs. Soon to happen with Tomi's, unless she starts a new journal thread too before the 1100th post.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:22 am

Sorry to hear about your headache and I hope it goes away quickly.  Great that DH woke up stable.

Welcome to the part 2 journal club! Very Happy
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:12 am

Wow! The second journal thread. I feel like such a slacker. Laughing

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:34 pm

Ah LB, now I see. Thank you.

Pedi - funny, I was thinking how many journal parts I might end up with. Shocked Headache from the moment is at bay. Let’s hope it stays that way.

Ontario I don’t think you are a slacker, maybe Pedi and I just talk to much. Laughing

Well today went down hill quite quickly. Nurse called off, her grandma was dying, she got a call from the nursing home. That messed up DD’s and I’s plans for the day.

DD stayed here while I went to visit my folks. Dad’s gone over the deep end. Will probably have to end up moving him to the memory unit. However, it could in part be related to his thryoid now getting too much meds.

I’m a mess. I need a clone.

Life

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:09 pm

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} and Prayers.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:21 pm

Oh, dang. Sorry the day didn't work out, I always hope for you for days where you can slip away for a bit. Maybe Dad will come around with some med adjustments, but that one is tricky. Hope your headache eases off and stays away. I find it really hard to function with a bad head, and you need clear thoughts.

Glad you are liking the book. This likely comes more towards the end, but Cait makes a point about us buying/wanting things we think a different/better version of ourselves should have. At my house, we have a lot of "someday" stuff. Eek!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:00 am

I always hope for you for days where you can slip away for a bit.

Ditto. So sorry. For your plans as well as the nurses grandma dying...
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:55 am

On the good news front, my headache is gone. Hopefully forever, but I’ll take it.

Also, when I checked back in with Mom last night, Dad had calmed down after I left. I will be calling his Dr here shortly.

Still have my steps going. Need to.

Spoke to the nurse this morning. Gma is still hanging on, but the brought a bed in for her and she is sleeping next to her gram.

M2M - I’m up to the epilogue now in the book. I really enjoyed reading about her time and her experience with her year of less. I can agree with some, as I have made sure over the past year to really question most purchases, well bigger ones anyway. I’m really contemplating trying something similar as I think it will reflect well back with all the craziness in my life.

Have an awesome day all
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:11 pm

Life............. blissful, painful and everything in between. It would be nice if we could divvy it all out for a bit more balanced experience.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:56 pm

Today turned out decently. Called about dad and got his med straightened out. Now to see if that helps settle him a bit.

DH is still having his anxiety attacks

Headache is still gone. Hopefully tomorrow turns upward without more issues.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:53 pm

Hi NM: Got back in town just now. Had to catch up and find out how you are doing.

Unfortunately, status quo....your status quo. Darn it!

Hang in there.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:47 pm

Thanks Pam

Yes, the fun continues.

The visiting nurse called yesterday about Mom - you got to get her checked with her PCP her belly is getting big again - yes I know, but it has to wait until next week. Told her my story. Besides, won’t take her to the PCP, it’s a waste of time and money, she has to go straight back to the Liver surgeon that does the drain. I’ve been speaking with her about it daily and she says it’s not time yet.

Today the LTC facility called, one of her meds was recalled, so it’s been switched to a different one.

Hopefully with the thyroid med being reduced, Dad should start settling a bit. Mom did say she got 6 hours of sleep last night, that’s huge. Although early on, twice my dad got up and ended up in his chair in the living room and then was calling my mom for help.

On top of that, my nurse called today her grandmother’s funeral will be on Monday. That happens to be DD’s BD and we had planned a girls day. Wrong. I just sat in my car and said “one day, can’t I just get one day”.

The nurse is going to come tomorrow instead and we will go out, but she has a dental appt later in the day. I just really wanted to spend her actual BD with her. She’s leaving the following day to head back to school. Bummed about that.

And DH has been anxious all day, off the charts and not sure why. The only thing could be me heading to the grocery, but DD was here when I went. I’m feeling like I’m starting to suffocate. Anytime I leave the house he freaks.

Woke up about 3:30 last night and could not go back to sleep. Finally around 5 I did then had a crazy dream. I should have just gotten up.

I’m hoping once DD goes back and I get into my regular routine things will straighten out. I sure hope so. But of course I’m not holding my breath.

Sorry for such a depressing report today.

Oh, on a good note, when DS was here we weeded the side garden and under the deck. That looks much better.

Steps continue today will be day 226. Only have 1000 to go, so that will be done.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:48 pm

I am so sorry you are having a hard time getting a full day off.  I pray it will get better and that DH's anxiety will decrease.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:23 am

Yes, you certainly deserve to have a free day every so often. Seems like once a week would be good at minimum. I continue praying for you, DH, and family.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:39 pm

Rig D wrote:Yes, you certainly deserve to have a free day every so often. Seems like once a week would be good at minimum. I continue praying for you, DH, and family.

+1 *hugs*
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:08 pm

Thank you everyone.

DD and I did spend the morning together and we did buy her BD present. Fitbit Versa which she wanted. She actually went expecting to buy the Charge 2 due to very small wrists, but fell in love with the Versa’s screen. The fact that it’s waterproof and can hold music didn’t hurt either. We will see how she likes it.

Then we stopped at Trader Joe’s, she needed a few things to take back to school next week.

We came home, then went for a nice walk.

It has been a relaxing day for a change. We will see what happens for the balance of the day.

Nurse just left and it’s going to rain.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:13 pm

I still think there are some issues with the current tracker, so debating about changing. I’ve got a few hangs up though.

A) I don’t really like wearing it on my wrist. I hate pushing a grocery cart with one hand. Have to see if, say the charge, would work correctly if stuffed in my pocket for those runs. As going back to the Zip for now has felt freeing.

B) I would like to get some other metrics back and that means a wrist worn tracker.

C) It would be nice if the face stayed on a bit longer. I know when I tried the Alta, it seemed I never had time to actually read it, if and when it actually lit up from a wrist flip.

D) The always on feature is where the garmin has appealed to me, no struggle to read what it says. Including the time, which most times is what I’m looking for.

So I will continue to debate for now. It sounds like a Charge 3 may be coming out soon, maybe the end of the month. I’m wondering if it will include the ability to extend the screen time a little and/or be more waterproof. Something else the Garmin’s already do and is greatly appreciated.

I have been meaning to comment on this post for some time.

I have a FitBit Charge 2 HR. Here are my answers to these questions based on my model:

A) I took mine off my wrist and stuck it in my front pocket. Then I used the wrist band and put it through my belt loop near my front pocket - the steps were correct.

B) I like the metrics on this model. It does have HR.

C) I flipped my tracker up and counted by the one-one thousand, two-one thousand method. I got about 4 seconds to read the screen.

D) On this model you can do the wrist flip or there is a button on the side you can push.

The Charge 2 HR is not waterproof though. I have had it wet when I was drenched in a rain storm but otherwise have not submerged it.

I hear you on the Garmin though with it's "always on" feature. I did like that about my Garmin. But everything else about it (basically that it did not count steps) was not good.

I hope that helps you with your decision to buy whatever you buy next.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:14 pm

Happy BD to your darling DD. Glad you got this time together. A day together is always a present -- for the parent. Smile

Just got back from the laundromat...what fun it is but it is nice to have everything done at once.

It is pouring. We sooooo need the rain.

Hope the day continues to be a pleasant one.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:00 pm

Thank you for the update on your Charge 2 Ontario. Good to know I cam stick it in my pocket or through a belt loop for grocery runs. Looking at the metrics, it does have what I want.

I will say DD’s Versa will allow you to extend the screen time up to 20 sec. I don’t need that long but 10 would be nice for reading the time. Wondering if a new charge does come out, if it will get that extension as well.

Pam, I know this was a present for DD too. She too misses our girl time, it’s always a long time between when we can do things due to DH.

So nice you got all your laundry done at once.

Rest of the day has been good. Watching football now

Steps are once again in Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:36 am

You can also choose what and how your home screen displays information.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:04 pm

When/if my One starts misbehaving (T's just died and his is older than mine), I'll have to take a look at the Charge, since I don't love my Garmin - at least in terms of tracking steps and floors, I like many of the smart-phone integration features.

So sorry the birthday plans didn't work out. You deserved a lovely day of girl time/away time.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next