Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's for Primal Dinner? 2.0

+19
Paysan
katierose
LoonieJ
ekba
John Caton
sharperhawk
perennialpam
Rig D
Dawn
breadsauce
Lovebird
Glass Full of Air
Annieh
Neck2
Acroyali
OnTheBayou
ONTARIO
Narrowminded
RedComet
23 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

What's for Primal Dinner? 2.0 Empty What's for Primal Dinner? 2.0

Post by RedComet Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:13 pm

One of the best recent threads on the other board was the "What's for Primal Dinner?" thread. Sadly, it's been buried in a heap of spam.

Can we get another one going here with awesome food pics and descriptions?

My dinner is a few hours away yet, but I promise to return with some pictures when the time comes. Making roasted pork loin, roasted carrots and mashed cauliflower!

And you?

RedComet

Back to top Go down

What's for Primal Dinner? 2.0 Empty Re: What's for Primal Dinner? 2.0

Post by Narrowminded Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:16 pm

Well, didn't get a picture as I saw this a bit late. Anyhoo, I had a pork chop coated in ground porkrinds and herbs, sauteed in Avacado oil, and an apple. Had my veggies for breakfast and lunch. Very Happy

I'll do better tomorrow.

Grok on!
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:46 pm

We had a huge pot of chili on simmering all day. Monday nights are nuts for us as both our teenage kids need to be different places. So I always make a ton of dinner on Sunday so we have a quick, healthy, meal of leftovers on Monday.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheBayou Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:02 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Well, didn't get a picture as I saw this a bit late.  Anyhoo, I had a pork chop coated in ground porkrinds and herbs, sauteed in Avacado oil, and an apple.  Had my veggies for breakfast and lunch. Very Happy

I'll do better tomorrow.

Grok on!

What a great idea, the pork rind coating! I might try that on Tuesday when my gf and I can get together again.

Friday I cooked up my famous, within family and friends, pork ribs for Kirsten. Memphis style rub but put on oil wet. Rub recipe after lots of work, "Bayou #14." Slow apple wood smoked. Even my cousin who works summers in a rib place said mine were better.

Well, she ain't going nowhere after that!

Oh, another great way to cook pork chops is coat with coconut oil and paprika. A daughter who lives semi-primally taught me that one.

OnTheBayou

Back to top Go down

Post by RedComet Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:34 pm

What's for Primal Dinner? 2.0 Img_0510

Roasted pork loin! Rubbed in salt, pepper and garlic. Came out nice and moist!

Not pictured: Enjoyed some multi-colored carrots roasted in evoo and some mashed cauliflower topped with parmesan. Dessert was a big chunk of Dagoba 87% chocolate.

RedComet

Back to top Go down

Post by Acroyali Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:04 pm

No pictures here, but T-bone steak and vegetables.

And lots of 'em.

Cheers =D

Acroyali

Back to top Go down

Post by RedComet Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:10 pm

Pork rind coating is AWESOME. I haven't done this in a while, but one of my favorite dishes is home-made "chicken nuggets". You hack chicken breast into chunks, coat them in egg and then roll them in pulverized pork rinds. Fry them up in a pan with the primal oil of your choice or bake them. They blow breaded chicken nuggets out of the water! Not the kind of thing I'd eat every day since it's super high in Omega 6, but much better than gorging at McDonald's.

Tonight I had leftovers of the pork loin along with some cauliflower "rice" topped with Kerrygold, lemon zest and garlic. It was really nice!

RedComet

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheBayou Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:57 pm

RedComet wrote:Pork rind coating is AWESOME. I haven't done this in a while, but one of my favorite dishes is home-made "chicken nuggets". You hack chicken breast into chunks, coat them in egg and then roll them in pulverized pork rinds. Fry them up in a pan with the primal oil of your choice or bake them. They blow breaded chicken nuggets out of the water! Not the kind of thing I'd eat every day since it's super high in Omega 6, but much better than gorging at McDonald's.

Tonight I had leftovers of the pork loin along with some cauliflower "rice" topped with Kerrygold, lemon zest and garlic. It was really nice!

I'm fixing to fix this tomorrow night for my gf. Unfortunately, she has egg allergy! Damn!

Anyone, any ideas other than olive oil?

OnTheBayou

Back to top Go down

Post by Neck2 Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:39 pm

I'd say bacon fat!

Wife made meatloaf. Less primal ingredients where rolled oats and catsup. Both organic and whatnot, so only a bit in the grey zone. But I didn't make it so I don't complain!

Neck2

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:17 pm

Tonight is roasted chicken thighs, roasted and smashed mini-potatoes with chipotle aioli and a big salad. Nothing exciting - just typical week night fare.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:39 pm

OTB - Coconut oil or what I used for the pork - Avocado oil.

Tonight was steak and baked potato w/ghee. Feeling like I needed a little extra carb. Smile

Grok on
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheBayou Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:58 pm

Narrowminded wrote:OTB - Coconut oil or what I used for the pork - Avocado oil.

Tonight was steak and baked potato w/ghee.  Feeling like I needed a little extra carb. Smile

Grok on

CO is what I used. I also added paprika. A daughter turned me onto CO and paprika, wonderful! So this time the rinds were an extra. Kirsten loved it.

OnTheBayou

Back to top Go down

Post by RedComet Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:37 pm

ONTARIO wrote:Tonight is roasted chicken thighs, roasted and smashed mini-potatoes with chipotle aioli and a big salad. Nothing exciting - just typical week night fare.

This sounds so good! My mouth is watering just picturing it, haha.

My menu was a little random today. I had some grass-fed ground beef seasoned with non-nightshade taco seasonings atop a bed of cauliflower lime "rice". It was tasty but didn't really feel like a taco bowl, haha. I wish I could do nightshades right now. I'm craving hot salsas and potatoes! Unfortunately, they give me issues, so I'm giving them a rest for the next few months.

RedComet

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:23 pm

OTB happy to hear the GF approved of your dinner.

Tonight is turkey pumpkin chili. It's a blustery kind of day and this will hit the spot. Pumpkin, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic, jalapeño, ground turkey, chili powder, cumin, corriander, salt and pepper. yum. Warm and filling.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:27 pm

RedComet wrote:Pork rind coating is AWESOME. I haven't done this in a while, but one of my favorite dishes is home-made "chicken nuggets". You hack chicken breast into chunks, coat them in egg and then roll them in pulverized pork rinds. Fry them up in a pan with the primal oil of your choice or bake them. They blow breaded chicken nuggets out of the water! Not the kind of thing I'd eat every day since it's super high in Omega 6, but much better than gorging at McDonald's.

This sounds amazing and I have everything I need, I will give it a go, if not tonight then tomorrow.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Glass Full of Air Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:17 am

Ooh, I love this thread already! Will post as soon as I figure out what dinner's going to be.

Glass Full of Air

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:55 am

Duck breast fillet with leek and bell pepper. Very Happy

Had the chicken thigh fillets with sugar snaps and potatoes on Sunday as the duck fillets were still thawing...

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:31 pm

I never did try the pork rind coating and now my crackling is all gone.

Last night was lamb sausages.  I turned them into a curry with mushrooms, onions, curry powder, smoky tomato sauce (non primal but I was out of puree), a little coconut cream, some green peas and beans.   The family raved.  Little did they know till later that the sausages were from my friend's pet lamb, Rupert.

I also made a quick spring salad with lettuce, carrot, cucumber and spring onions, lemon juice and olive oil.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by breadsauce Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:56 am

The night before last was lamb rump cooked using sous vide wand for 2.5 hours at 60°C then seared in a cast iron pan, served with various veg - so tender and medium rare. Last night the rest of the lamb was cooked in a casserole with cubed aubergine, onions, loads of garlic, romano peppers and flavoured with coriander, cinnamon, cumin, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Again with loads of veg and some quinoa. Really warming and aromatic.

breadsauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:25 am

breadsauce wrote:The night before last was lamb rump cooked using sous vide wand for 2.5 hours at 60°C then seared in a cast iron pan, served with various veg - so tender and medium rare. Last night the rest of the lamb was cooked in a casserole with cubed aubergine, onions, loads of garlic, romano peppers and flavoured with coriander, cinnamon, cumin, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Again with loads of veg and some quinoa. Really warming and aromatic.

Those sound like 2 really great meals, Breadsauce!

Back to top Go down

Post by RedComet Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:19 pm

Had roasted chicken thighs tonight!

Baked them in EVOO, coated with turmeric, black pepper, sea salt and cumin. They were DELICIOUS. Had some roasted carrots and cauliflower on the side with a little grated parmesan. There were no leftovers, sadly. lol

RedComet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:37 am

Yesterday we had sauteed cabbage with Bolognese sauce. My kids like the cabbage more than e.g.. zoodles. We will be having the same today.

Dawn

Back to top Go down

Post by breadsauce Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:13 am

Today - roasted free range chicken with tons of veg. Simple, old fashioned - the chicken will provide 3 meals of 2 servings each, and LOADS of lovely chicken stock.

breadsauce

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:24 am

Tonight is pot roast with a bunch of veggies. One of my ultra-favourite meals because I toss it in the Instantpot half the day and walk away.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:26 am

We received an Instant Pot as a Christmas present and tried it out on a pot roast with good results. That was our main course the last two nights.

The IP looks to be a good add for our kitchen, although it is bigger than I would have thought, and we are tight on space and haven't found a good storage spot for it between uses.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next