Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's For Primal Breakfast?

+7
Rig D
RedComet
Narrowminded
Pedidoc
Meant2Move
ekba
ONTARIO
11 posters

Go down

What's For Primal Breakfast? Empty What's For Primal Breakfast?

Post by ONTARIO Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:08 pm

This is the one meal I struggle with. I struggle with it on work days when I need to take breakfast with me.

So, can we start a thread on what you ate for Primal Breakfast?

Post away....

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

What's For Primal Breakfast? Empty Re: What's For Primal Breakfast?

Post by ekba Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:19 pm

Standard weekday breakfast for me is two eggs scrambled and some ham. Coffee with milk and one lump. If we have parsley or some greens handy, I'll add some to the eggs.

That does not help for a breakfast to go - but it only takes 10 minutes start to finish, 15 if I wash the pan.

Today I did not have any ham, so it was back bacon.
ekba
ekba

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:29 pm

I'm no help either as I pretty much don't leave home without having eaten (except to hike, then I come back and eat).

My weekday standard is coffee with half & half, 2 eggs scrambled with ham and cheese, and previously boiled potatoes (I do them on the weekend and refrigerate them) sliced and fried in butter with seasoning.

On workdays, I always take plain Greek yogurt with berries for my next meal.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:57 pm

Do you have a way to heat food at work? If so, make up some eggs with meat and veggies in 5 containers on Sunday. Pull one each day. You can do leftovers the same way. If you can't heat anything up, what about hard boiled eggs, cheese, avocado, and ham? Egg salad?
I used to bake up a bunch of egg muffins with different additives on the weekend for a quick breakfast on work days.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:13 pm

I do eggs, lots of veg and greens with either bacon or homemade sausage most days.

Chia pudding is also good and it’s portable. 1 c ff coconut milk, 1/4 c chia seeds, 1/4 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp spice such as pumpkin spice, cocoa powder, chia spice.  Whir in a high speed blender, which is optional but makes it very smooth and chill overnight. This recipe is from Marks Keto book.  He uses stevia I believe, but for me I don’t need sweetener, so taste it before putting in the fridge and make your own adjustments. Makes 2 servings
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedComet Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:40 am

Sausage. Sausage every day.

RedComet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:55 am

My almost every day breakfast is a 3 egg fritatta type thing using a small cast iron skillet. 1 T coconut oil, 3 large eggs, topped with 1/4 cup shredded mex blend cheese.When done, I add on salt/pepper/turmeric/cinnamon, and a dose of srirachi sauce.
This is a quick fix, no more than 10 minutes. It sets up well, could be taken in a container to work and warmed in microwave.

I'm normally up and moving 6-7AM and eat my breakfast around noon, as I'm a 2 meal/day person.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:03 pm

I used to make egg muffins on Sunday for the work week. I would put my meat of choice in a muffin pan along with cooked vegetables and then filled each cup with eggs. After I baked them, I would put then in baggies to grab on my way out the door during the week. They were good both hot or cold.

I currently have an egg aversion so I am making a smoked salmon and arugula salad for breakfast or turkey or ham roll ups with a side of sliced vegetables during the week.

Vh67
Vh67

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborcat Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:17 pm

This is similar to what a couple others have suggested, but I used to make a frittata on Sunday, then cut it up into 5 pieces and put each one in a plastic container in the refrigerator and that was my lunch for the week.

Last edited by Cyborcat on Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cyborcat
Cyborcat

http://www/youtube.com/cyborcat

Back to top Go down

Post by ekba Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:28 pm

Scotch eggs are nice and portable.
ekba
ekba

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:02 am

Eggs, eggs, more eggs. Bacon and sausage. This morning was sweet potato hash with three sunny side up eggs. Experience has taught me that my first meal of the day has to be heavy on protein and fat and free of refined carbs, or I will be hungry all day.

But usually I don't eat breakfast until I have been up and about for 4-5 hours. I have bulletproof coffee or tea within an hour of waking.
The Walrus
The Walrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Neck2 Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:59 pm

My breakfast is either at 12 or 7pm depending on the day. That said, I am fortunate to be able to go home for both of those.

Today I had a quiche my wife made up. More potato and less meat/eggs than the variety I make, but still really tasty.

I’m not sure how she makes it cause mine are literally just egg and meat, but here is what’s in it......She shreds potato to hash brown, adds goat cheese, Greek yogurt, hotdogs (usually sausage, but was out), onion....I’m not sure what else, but it’s a lot of goat cheese and yogurt this batch. It’s great with some red hot! The hot dogs are surprisingly good in it.....got them from same place I got my spare ribs. At 7.50/lb they better be good!

Neck2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down