Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's not an epic amount, but it still counts!

+8
SapphireSongs
Annieh
nikitakolata
Narrowminded
The Walrus
ONTARIO
Rig D
KetoJulia
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

It's not an epic amount, but it still counts! - Page 3 Empty Re: It's not an epic amount, but it still counts!

Post by Narrowminded Tue May 19, 2020 10:37 pm

Julia it is so very hard. Thank you for your thoughts. You were absent I think a good part of 19. Lost my DH to ALS Nov 30, 18, my dad followed Feb 1 and then my Mom June 14. A crap year for sure. So probably not the best time to add a second dog, let alone a puppy. However I love her to death. She just need work and time to age like a fine wine.

They do love you unconditionally esp when you're not feeling on top of your game.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

It's not an epic amount, but it still counts! - Page 3 Empty Re: It's not an epic amount, but it still counts!

Post by KetoJulia Sat May 23, 2020 3:29 pm

Oh man, so sorry to hear that NM Sad

I think Willow actually came into your life just at the right time. Hectic time for grieving, but perhaps a perfect time
to open your heart to a new love. Maybe both of those intense feelings help/helped you in the long run.

Hugs to you, Honey.

Julia
KetoJulia
KetoJulia

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Mon May 25, 2020 9:53 pm

Thank you Julia. And you are correct, something else to focus on instead of all the sadness.

Now to get my butt in gear with my eating. When you went keto, how long did it take for you to get past the initial cravings and what did you use to distract yourself?

I spent a long time doing a w30ish WOE, but I can't seem to get back there and 18/19 brought back 30 of the 40 I lost doing that.

Hope you had a great holiday.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KetoJulia Fri May 29, 2020 3:15 pm

Yanno, when I went Keto I had MAJOR game face on. I was disgusted with myself for having three sets of
boobs when I sat at my desk at work, so I think it was easier for me in the beginning because I was just SO OVER
MYSELF.

That said, I guess it took about a week and a half to get out of Bitch Mode (bitchy cuz i couldn't eat what I wanted), then
when I saw some poundage come off (even if it was water, WHO CARES) that was HIGHLY MOTIVATING and I went FULL
KRAZEEE.

I don't think i actively did too much to distract myself. I was working full time then, so that was distraction enough, and once the Keto effects kicked in, it really wasn't a struggle not to snack or whatnot.

I did find that low reward foods were best. Boring turkey lunch meat or boiled eggs when I didn't know if i was hungry or bored.

No one wants that boring ass stuff if they're not really hungry. So that was my scale.

These people on Reddit that make all these savory and delicious keto meals are all fine and dandy, but man, i could eat
ALL OF IT until the cows come home, so I have to keep it boring.

I also counted calories and did NOT work out (just walked) like a crazy person like i had the thousands of times before. Just concentrated on the calories.

Okay, i'm rambling.. let me know if you wanna know anything else!

I'm currently 5 days "back on the keto wagon" so maybe we can do it together.

OH, and i also do intermittent fasting... i DO have my coffee in the morning with cream, but then I don't eat until 5PM.

If i'm absolutely starving during the day, then i'll have that lunch meat or that boiled egg.. or a salad with chicken if i'm extra hungry,
but other than that, the intermittent fasting works well for me.
KetoJulia
KetoJulia

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Sat May 30, 2020 10:12 pm

Thanks for all the tips. Yup, I need to hop on keto even if it's just for a month or so to get me a good start. I'm going to work hard at powering through the rough stuff at the start.

So far when I have my morning Joe w/either CO or MCT it will only get me until lunch and that can be boiled egg or lunch meat. I am HUNGRY. Hopefully that will pass quickly and I'll be able to fast longer.

I'd be happy to do it with you. I will start in the morning. Thank you for sharing.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum