It's not an epic amount, but it still counts!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: It's not an epic amount, but it still counts!

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:28 pm

Looking good in that lil black dress!
KetoJulia wrote:
Also, another thing I learned is to start off with super boring food. Low food reward is a thing.
Never considered that.  What a smart strategy.  I, also, have to count calories to stay on target.  Your experience is most encouraging, esp. about the slow poundage drop.  Slow but steady.  Thanks for posting your success story.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KetoJulia on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:32 am

Yeah, you can only down so many hard boiled eggs, plain ass fried ground beef or turkey lunch meat.. Though, the turkey lunch meat from Costco, the Kirkland one... get this... ACTUALLY TASTES LIKE TURKEY. I still can't eat more than four slices in a sitting though. Ha ha.

Thanks for your post! I appreciate it!!!

Julia
KetoJulia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri May 04, 2018 12:16 am

Julia.............. I ventured outside the journals and found your thread! You're killing this keto thing! I'm probably going to be starting keto in a couple weeks when I get off a medication for candida and talk to my doc about it. Nice to see you doing so well! No alcohol still! If I remember right it was making you ill. And no more chips? Wasn't that you who struggled with chip snacking?
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KetoJulia on Sat May 05, 2018 1:46 pm

Hi Tomi!

Thanks for the post and thanks for remembering me!

Yes, 'twas I that suddenly broke and couldn't drink anymore 5 years ago.. however, within the last couple of months I've been
able to have a couple of cocktails here and there and NOT feel like death the next day. In fact, not feel ANYTHING the
next day. Dunno what happened, but it's nice to be able to have at least ONE these days. Jeesh!

Yeah, the chips and the little famous Amos cookies were my weakness, but something snapped over a year ago and I said "oh hayil no, for the other half of my life, I refuse to have three sets of boobs when I sit down".

In June it will be 1 year that I've maintained 110lbs. I still can't believe it.

Still 95% Keto, with that other 5% being some carb debauchery days a couple times a month, but no deleterious effects besides water bloat the next day.

Good luck with your candida meds and Keto if your doctor clears it! I'm pretty sure Keto is the most effective anti-candida diet out there, cuz, well, no carbs to feed off of and all.... So I hope you get to.

Thanks again for the visit, I appreciate it!

Julia
KetoJulia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed May 23, 2018 1:03 pm

What do you do to keep your electrolytes in balance and replenished? I tried a few day on KETO and it was a complete disaster! I'm guessing it was electrolytes. I won't be trying it again until I work through some of my more important health concerns - so I'm hoping that will be fall or winter.

Until then - I'll have to contend with the Buddha belly Sad
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KetoJulia on Sat May 26, 2018 2:13 pm

Hi Tomi!!

Yeah, this time around, after reading about how the people on Keto felt on the Reddit site (there is an area just for ladies, which is nice) I realized that my last time around was a disaster as well because of the electrolytes.

I've been doing keto/low carb on and off since 1996.. back then when I was a spring chicken I wouldn't have to supplement with anything for electrolytes, so I never thought anything of them. The last time before this time I tried going keto, jeeze louise, I felt like I was at death's door about 1 week in and thought because now that I was older (45/46 at the time) that I was broken and Keto wasn't an option anymore.

Then I read all of the posts on the Reddit site that I stumbled on, and while I knew about the electrolyte thing, I really didn't give it much credit, cuz yanno, i was a low carb/keto vet and knew it all! Ha ha.

SO, long story short, when I started in November of 2016, by gum it, I STEPPED UP MY ELECTROLYTE GAME. I went to REI (sporting goods store, like hiking and all that other stuff) and bought spendy electrolyte tablets that i could plop in a bottle of water every day. I'd also take 750mg of Magnesium a day (did that already) and I took maybe 250mg or more of Potassium. I kinda just had to feel it out. Now that I'm OLD, lol, I know my body pretty well. When I get low in something I get a sort of annoying low hum in my ears. Sucks, but at least it's a sign to add something.

Also salt, I salt EVERYTHING that is saltable. And there were a few times I would put a teaspoon or two into a bottle of room temp water and drink that salty mess. Amazing how much better I'd feel almost instantly, despite the gagginess of ocean water. Lol.

So, long story short, I just tanked up from the beginning. You're supposed to drink a lot of water on Keto, which flushes out all of your existing electrolytes, so I just started the water AND the supplements from the beginning.

There is also a drink you can google and make. People call it Ketorade. Then you can drink that throughout the day.

There are different variations. I chose the easiest one to make, cuz I wasn't going to go sleuth out powdered whatever and ever they were talking about.

Welp, there's your super-duper long-winded answer... It's Saturday... basically the only time I can get on here and talk/type with wild abandon since work blocks this site. Jerks!

Hope you're doing well!

Julia
KetoJulia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2