Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fried Halloumi

3 posters

Go down

Fried Halloumi Empty Fried Halloumi

Post by ONTARIO Wed May 12, 2021 4:38 pm

I have no words to describe how utterly delicious this is. I am linking to a recipe that gave me the inspiration. I didn't follow it exactly as I didn't want the gluten. But it will help you get the gist of what to do.

What I did was use almond flour mixed with some tapioca flour as the "flour" part of this recipe. It was amazing! Not an every day sort of thing but nice as a treat.

For the sauce I used this recipe:

https://pinchofyum.com/roasted-red-pepper-sauce

https://supperinthesuburbs.com/2017/04/23/crispy-fried-halloumi/

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Fried Halloumi Empty Re: Fried Halloumi

Post by Narrowminded Wed May 12, 2021 7:33 pm

I had never heard of Halloumi. I'm glad you posted the links so I could find out what it was. Sound delish.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Wed May 12, 2021 7:47 pm

Narrowminded.....it has the consistency of mozzarella once cooked but the saltiness of feta. It's kinda like a mozzarella stick, but better, once fried. The best part is that it doesn't ooze out when it's being fried.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by ekba Fri May 14, 2021 7:13 pm

It is delicious. I have not had it in a while because it was kind of pricey. That may have been because I could only find it at Whole Foods.

I always fried it “neat”. It holds up well.

The taste and texture are like Wisconsin chesse curds meets feta. The red pepper sauce looks good. It is probably good on almost anything.
ekba
ekba

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum