Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FitBit Premium?

4 posters

Go down

FitBit Premium? Empty FitBit Premium?

Post by ONTARIO Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 am

Does anyone have any experience with FitBit Premium memberships? I am wondering if you liked it, disliked it, etc. I am thinking of joining for a year to help me train for our Grand Canyon hike. I am wondering if it was worth the money or helped motivate you to do additional exercise to the daily walking.

I've also read that it helps with sleep as well because it takes all your metrics (food, exercise duration and intensity, distance, etc, etc) and tells you that on the days you do X or Y you sleep better or less, etc.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

FitBit Premium? Empty Re: FitBit Premium?

Post by Meant2Move Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:05 pm

I've never used it despite having the devices for many years. I've been in a Fitbit group, first via the Communities area and now on Facebook for many years. No one mentions it, but that doesn't mean there aren't some with experience. I'll ask and see if any have and what they thought of it.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:09 pm

Meant2Move wrote: I'll ask and see if any have and what they thought of it.

Thanks!

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:32 pm

I haven’t had it either, so sorry no help here.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:35 am

Nor have I but I've wondered if it added any tangible benefit.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:48 pm

So, apparently, FitBit is coming out with a new Premium subscription service this fall. I read it somewhere on some tech blog talking about FitBit. However, I have not see this mentioned anywhere. Does anyone who has a FitBit and uses the app remember seeing any ads for this? It is not the same as Coach.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:28 pm

No, but I don't go to the website much, mostly just look at the app on my phone.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:29 pm

UPDATE

I have had Fitbit Premium for about 6 weeks now. It was offered as a free trial. The trial goes for about 3 months so I figured I would give it a try. I thought I would tell you all about it so anyone who researches its benefits might come and read this post.

Basically, I see no real benefit to the paid membership. The only difference is the sleep data and I will post a picture of what that looks like so you can compare it to what you see on your free membership screen.

It DOES tell you an interesting tidbit once in a while. A message will pop up and say, "On days that you get 10,000 steps you get 15 minutes more REM" or some such fact. But, really, you could look at your steps and compare that to your sleep for each individual day on your own.

Sleep data: It gives you the % of time below your normal resting heart rate. It also tells you time in REM.
Heart Rate: The data is exactly the same as the free membership.

FitBit Premium? Sleep10

FitBit Premium? Sleep210
FitBit Premium? Sleep310

Basically, in a nutshell, it's not worth the extra money. I plan to cancel my membership before it comes up to be paid.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:20 pm

Thanks for the review. Yeah, doesn't seem to give you very much at all.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down