Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Login Problems

+3
Rig D
ONTARIO
Rocky07
7 posters

Go down

Login Problems Empty Login Problems

Post by Rocky07 Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:07 am

Starting yesterday, can't login with iPad. No problems with desktop. All other iPad bookmarks work fine. Anyone else having problems with iPads or other mobile devices?

Rocky07

Back to top Go down

Login Problems Empty Re: Login Problems

Post by ONTARIO Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:04 am

I use both a mobile device (Android) and then a PC using Google Chrome. I have not had any problems.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:19 am

No mobile device here, but instead of starting a new thread I'd like to add this to check whether anyone else got similar mail, disguising as forum newsletter:

perennialpam wrote:Hi Rig. Did you send out a newsletter to email addresses? One plopped in my junk mail yesterday.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:16 am

Lovebird wrote:No mobile device here, but instead of starting a new thread I'd like to add this to check whether anyone else got similar mail, disguising as forum newsletter:

perennialpam wrote:Hi Rig.  Did you send out a newsletter to email addresses?  One plopped in my junk mail yesterday.  

I did as well. It wasn't just Rig D's info...it was a synopsis of the most recent posts with activity on them. It's a forumotion thing. If you go into your personal settings you can stop those from coming to your inbox.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:18 am

I got that email also and wondered what I did to get my thread as the lead item. I hope PF's parent operation doesn't start sending out junque on a regular basis, it will be discouraging.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by sharperhawk Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:24 am

I received what appears to be a Forumotion newsletter that listed several "trending topics," with RigD's journal topic at the top. The reply-to was a gmail address
Spoiler:

It did not trip my spam filter.
sharperhawk
sharperhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:06 am

In fixing this up on the Popular Contents email thing, I noticed that in the very top bar, where the social media icons show, the "Welcome <user>" is no longer visible. So just mouse over to the right of the social media stuff until your mouse pointer indicates a link and click it then go to edit Profile.

In the edit profile, click Preferences, one of the options listed is Allow newsletters "Popular contents" : . I've turned this off and expect it to cure things.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:26 am

Rig D wrote:In fixing this up on the Popular Contents email thing, I noticed that in the very top bar, where the social media icons show, the "Welcome <user>" is no longer visible. So just mouse over to the right of the social media stuff until your mouse pointer indicates a link and click it then go to edit Profile.

In the edit profile, click Preferences, one of the options listed is Allow newsletters "Popular contents" : .  I've turned this off and expect it to cure things.

Huh...yes, I see that, too now. I will see if I can get the colour of the banner changed so that we can see the text.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:04 pm

ONTARIO wrote:It's a forumotion thing. If you go into your personal settings you can stop those from coming to your inbox.

Thought so. I didn't get anything as I never agreed on accepting them, but it could have been something else, hence the quote. Glad to see it's innocent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:44 pm

ONTARIO wrote:
Rig D wrote:In fixing this up on the Popular Contents email thing, I noticed that in the very top bar, where the social media icons show, the "Welcome <user>" is no longer visible. So just mouse over to the right of the social media stuff until your mouse pointer indicates a link and click it then go to edit Profile.

In the edit profile, click Preferences, one of the options listed is Allow newsletters "Popular contents" : .  I've turned this off and expect it to cure things.

Huh...yes, I see that, too now. I will see if I can get the colour of the banner changed so that we can see the text.

You've changed it from white to blue when you changed the other stuff recently... there is another Profile option at the top of the page, why not use that one? I've turned both options on newsletters off in the beginning btw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Rocky07 wrote:Starting yesterday, can't login with iPad. No problems with desktop. All other iPad bookmarks work fine. Anyone else having problems with iPads or other mobile devices?

I'm on an iPad right now.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky07 Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:52 am

Narrowminded wrote:I’m also on my iPad thru Safari

Do you ever get that annoying bogus “you've been selected for an Amazon gift card” scam? You can get rid of it by disabling Javascript but then you can not login.

Rocky07

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:55 am

Not login problems... however avatar change is no longer possible since a few days... which is not a big enough problem to start a new thread IMO.

Login Problems Avatar10
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:30 pm

Huh, I wonder what that's about? I will say this is one of the downsides of a free forum - we have very little power over fixing issues like this. I can report the issue but it will be on Forumotion to fix the bug.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by sharperhawk Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:36 pm

600 pixels is plenty big for an avatar. I'm used to 100x100 or 64x64 for avatars. A hi-res image like Lovebird's just gets resized anyway. A couple of minutes with a graphics program can shrink both pixel count and file size.
sharperhawk
sharperhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:55 am

Just wanted to know whether it's punishment for changing my avatar too often and end up being stuck with this one for now.

So, does it show the same way for others too?

FWIW none of the buttons that read 'reset' seems to work either...

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:59 am

LB, I didn't try to actually change mine, but the Avatar screen comes up as usual for me.
You may be right, you seem to change your Avatar fairly often, perhaps the site wants you to be more static in your approach. Or maybe it is just a quirk. Or, you are being singled out for persecution by an evil genius.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:11 pm

See, that's why I included the screenshot. Figured it would turn out to be just me. I do think it has to do with the last pic, the one that's currently showing. I wanted to check it before making it smaller, to see if it would work anyway... all the other ones were on my computer, this one is linked via a site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum