Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any of You Love Cooking?

+2
ONTARIO
ShelleyM
6 posters

Go down

Any of You Love Cooking? Empty Any of You Love Cooking?

Post by ShelleyM Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:29 am

I love to cook and explore new recipes. I enjoy plating pretty food and sitting down to eat it. Anyone else?
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Any of You Love Cooking? Empty Re: Any of You Love Cooking?

Post by ONTARIO Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:19 pm

Hubby and I are big cooks. We both love to find a gourmet recipe, cook it up, and serve it, plated like a restaurant, to guests. We both love seeing our guests take that bite and get that look on their faces. It's priceless!

Hubby is great at meats and veggies. I'm great at appetizers and sauces. I'm also a very adept baker. So between the two of us we can put together a pretty fabulous meal.

Have you ever looked at Thomas Keller or Hubert Keller (not related)? They have divine recipes! We also like Daniel Boulud.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:31 am

My husband and I both love to cook. And eat. We are big into cooking as seasonal and local as we can. We met on MDA and I started hitting on him by asking for cooking advice.

As an engineer, he is more of a follow the recipe kind of guy and I use them more as suggestions! But we are both adventurous when it comes to food so it is fun. Our current projects are making our own bitters and growing micro greens indoors.

Milkstreet has been a favorite recently. I got E a subscription for Christmas. I love pretty food that tastes yummy!

Vh67
Vh67

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:44 pm

I like to cook but tend to do Once a Month cooking prep every 3-4 months so that we can have healthy meals with my schedule.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:17 pm

Pedidoc wrote:I like to cook but tend to do Once a Month cooking prep every 3-4 months so that we can have healthy meals with my schedule.

You still cook with Once a Month Meals but it is In one big chunk of time!
Vh67
Vh67

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:55 pm

Vh67 wrote:
Pedidoc wrote:I like to cook but tend to do Once a Month cooking prep every 3-4 months so that we can have healthy meals with my schedule.

You still cook with Once a Month Meals but it is In one big chunk of time!
True, V.  It is the only way I know to make sure I serve home-cooked meals nightly.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:49 pm

As a cook, I am A1 at scrambled eggs and boiling water. That's about it
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:05 pm

LOL! Smile The question is, can you boil eggs?
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:24 am

I defer to my wife on that.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:58 am

I love to cook, but when I’m just cooking for one, not as much. It seems like a ton of work. I know I can freeze the extras and I seem to go through phases of cooking and then not cooking.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:18 am

Rig, I can't boil eggs to save my life, even with one of those fancy egg steamer thingies.

NM, have you ever considered one of those box meal services? I have played around with a few different companies and found a couple that provides very fresh quality ingredients. I know they sound expensive, but they only send you exactly what you need for just one meal, eliminating waste. I always hated buying a can of tomato paste when I only needed three tbs or a head of cabbage when I only needed one cup shredded. It was nice pulling out the little box for a meal and having everything I needed at my fingertips. Several of the companies are very friendly to unique dietary needs.
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:56 am

Shelly I’ve looked into those boxes, but they are very expensive in my mind. Generally, I don’t have waste when I cook. I will write down my recipes first and see if some things can cross over. As to tomato paste, if you buy it in a tube, you can squeeze out just what you need and the rest keeps really well in the fridge.

I can get more than a weeks worth of groceries for all three meals for the cost of the ones I looked at that just bought me dinner for a few nights.

I guess having to be very frugal with all we spent on DH’s illness, it’s taught me a lot.

If they work for you, that’s totally awesome!
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:10 am

I second the tomato paste in the tube.  Waste is one reason why I like the OAMC because I use up all the odds and ends.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:52 pm

I freeze everything. If I open a can of tomato paste and don't use it I toss it into a mini ice cube trays and freeze it. I do this with curry paste, any sauces, etc. I even chop and freeze cilantro that I know I'm not going to use before it goes bad. Then I toss it in, frozen, to marinate chicken breasts for fajitas, etc.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down