Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Luck Tonight, American Friends!

+4
ekba
Rig D
Annieh
Pedidoc
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Good Luck Tonight, American Friends! Empty Good Luck Tonight, American Friends!

Post by ONTARIO Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:27 pm

Whatever happens, whomever gets elected, regardless of if it's your choice or not, I hope you are all okay and things don't get too crazy. I have no idea if the news we are hearing up here north of the 49th is true but there is a lot of concern for you guys from your friends in Canada. There is talk of civil disobedience, rioting and severe social unrest. I will be thinking of you all and hoping things stay calm.

We, Canadians, will all be sitting around our televisions and computer watching the votes come in as well. It's just what we do! We're friendly folk and what happens to our neighbours matters to us.

Good luck and I hope you're all safe! I love you

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Good Luck Tonight, American Friends! Empty Re: Good Luck Tonight, American Friends!

Post by Narrowminded Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:41 pm

Thank you Ontario. I pray it doesn't come to that. I cannot understand people being so irrational about this.

My candidate may or may not win. My tomorrow or whenever we know, will be the same. I will not go out and try to harm someone or something if the opposing side wins. Everyone should feel that way, but unfortunately, lately they don't.

Thank you for your concern.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Good Luck Tonight, American Friends! Empty Re: Good Luck Tonight, American Friends!

Post by ekba Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:13 pm

Thanks. It is good to have good neighbors (or neighbours).

Looks like election day has been calm. Some of the usual shenanigans, no mayhem. Let’s hope that continues.
ekba
ekba

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:56 pm

Thanks, Ontario! Sometimes I wonder if the people who are causing so much destruction and craziness are right in the head! How does vandalism and looting result in you getting your way in anything? I want to smack them upside the head!

I have done well at not watching news or listening to anything that comes from the media - liberal or conservative - they all present the "truth" in a way that favors their own opinions and agenda. But tonight hubby and I will be watching to see what the next 4 years has in store for our country.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:07 pm

DS3 was deployed to the polls, is on duty tonight, and on call for the next 10-14 days. DH is on call also for the next 10-14 days.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:40 am

Actually, still staying off media. That has been a relief of sorts.

Thanks Ontario for your well wishes.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:15 am

+ 1. I will post my poll worker experience on my journal.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:09 pm

Rig, I would be interested in hearing about that!

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:52 pm

As you probably know by now, it's far from over. Probably not before the weekend, even if then.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:59 am

We are in the "its who counts the votes that counts" stage. Hopefully all is done fair and square. Nobody yet knows whether they are ready to burn the place down, maybe in a couple more days.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ekba Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:09 pm

Looks like our President is trying to light the fire.
ekba
ekba

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:27 pm

I did hear about some protests and looting in Portland again. No surprise, but I still don't understand how they think destruction helps any cause at all.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ekba Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:34 pm

The President of the United States of America just went on TV and said the election is a fraud. With no basis in fact. Just made up, crazypants jackassery. How does this help anything?
ekba
ekba

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:23 am

Maybe he was referring to what I hear was 100K votes dropped in at 4 am in ?maybe Michigan, All Biden votes. Or having Fox declare Arizona for Biden before the polls close. Or a variety of other things.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ekba Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:09 am

By “drop” you mean counted votes.

What time did polls close in Arizona? What time did Fox make their call?

On the larger point, the President is making wild, baseless claims of widespread fraud and trying to sow doubt and chaos. Anyone with eyes and ears can see this.
ekba
ekba

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:18 am

I agree, I wish he'd shut up. Let the process work, challenge what you think is out of whack. As I write this it looks like Jo is pulling ahead in GA and PA. If he wins I can pledge that my support will be greater than (but probably close to) what Trump received from leading Dems like Maxine Waters, Pelosi, and Adam Schiff.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:20 pm

No comment, I've stayed completely away from all news.

However, I did hear that somewhere they have x number of registered voters but supposedly 125% participation. Not sure if it's true or not, but how can 125% of voters vote? Like I said, it was just something I read in the Internet and I don't believe half of what I read there.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ekba Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:29 pm

Nope. False story based on using outdated registered voter data.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/voter-fraud-more-votes-voters-2020/
ekba
ekba

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:58 am

Narrowminded wrote:No comment, I've stayed completely away from all news.

However, I did hear that somewhere they have x number of registered voters but supposedly 125% participation. Not sure if it's true or not, but how can 125% of voters vote? Like I said, it was just something I read in the Internet and I don't believe half of what I read there.

Technically this could legitimately happen. It’s how the media words it that makes the difference. For example, a particular poll could have 5000 “registered “ voters assigned to it. But, on Election Day another 250 could show up who are eligible to vote but hadn’t registered. I know in Canada those people, given the appropriate documentation is shown, could be registered then and there and given a ballot. So, as you can see that scenario could be spun by using incorrect verbiage. The media seems pretty good at that.
ONTARIO
ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:51 pm

I see your point Ontario, but here in the states, there is a deadline to register and if you don't meet that deadline, you cannot register at the polls, at least not as far as I'm aware.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ekba Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:04 pm

Some states do have same day registration.

The claim of 125% voting used 2020 vote numbers and 2018 registered voter numbers. There has been a large increase in registered voters this year in most states.
ekba
ekba

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:27 am

Slight change of topic, but here it is compulsory to be on the electoral roll, even if you choose not to vote. Voter turnout was 82.5%.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by ekba Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:28 am

Annieh wrote:Slight change of topic, but here it is compulsory to be on the electoral roll, even if you choose not to vote. Voter turnout was 82.5%.

Looks like turnout here was about 70%, which is higher than usual. Automatic registration is controversial here because then more people might vote. I suppose compulsory registration would rile up the you’re-not-the-boss-of-me anti gubmint crowd.
ekba
ekba

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:36 pm

Personally I feel that everyone who can vote, should vote. I always encourage everyone to vote. Told my nephew he should be voting. I told him I don't care who you vote for, but voting is what makes the process work.

No I don't like the gubmint all up in my grill as they say, but I do believe everyone should vote.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:14 am

ekba wrote:

Looks like turnout here was about 70%, which is higher than usual.

So would that be 70% of registered voters? Or 70% or the population? How many eligible are actually registered?

I assumed we had close to 100%, but now I learn it's actually more like 90%, so clearly there is not a lot of enforcement going on.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next