Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COVID-19 news & status

+10
Lovebird
tomi1000
Pedidoc
ekba
Rig D
AutumnTiger
Narrowminded
ShelleyM
marcadav
Meant2Move
14 posters

Page 33 of 36 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Go down

COVID-19 news & status - Page 33 Empty Re: COVID-19 news & status

Post by Rig D Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:39 am

Wk 30 Stats & hospital info
Stats:
COVID-19 news & status - Page 33 2021_310

20 vs 21:
COVID-19 news & status - Page 33 20_vs_10

Hospital occupancy:
COVID-19 news & status - Page 33 Hospit13
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:27 am

It never ends - the fact that they have no idea what they're doing. I get it - this is new. None of us know. But just admit it. Stop mandating crap that doesn't work.

By the way, in my area of SW Ontario the rate of vaccinated getting Delta is 36%.

Give this a read.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/covid19-coronavirus-vaccinated-1.6143572

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:23 am

It never ends - the fact that they have no idea what they're doing. I get it - this is new. None of us know. But just admit it. Stop mandating crap that doesn't work.
Now Ontario, "they" will never admit anything recommended doesn't work. Just keep in mind that: A. There is no such thing as natural immunity, that's why no officials ever discuss how you build it. B. All those with opposing opinions don't count, because they are muted or removed from virtually all media. C. "Science" says "safe & effective" D. Your only hope of surviving is the jab.
Week 31 Stats
COVID-19 news & status - Page 33 2021_311
2020 vs 2021
COVID-19 news & status - Page 33 20_vs_11
Hospital Utilization
COVID-19 news & status - Page 33 Hospit15
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:57 am

Rig, so true!

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:08 pm

Someone posted an interesting thought about how, if you look at a year to the day from 2021 to 2020, we actually have MORE daily cases now. And, keep in mind, 80% of our population has been vaccinated. So, I thought I would look at a few myself. Here is what I found (reference is from Ontario.ca - the government site).

Aug 24, 2020 - 100, August 24, 2021 - 486
Aug 23, 2020 - 115, August 23, 2021 - 639
Aug 22, 2020 - 115, August 22, 2021 - 722
Aug 21, 2020 - 108, August 21, 2021 - 689
Aug 20, 2020 - 131, August 20, 2021 - 650

Now, also keep in mind we are still wearing masks, we are still not fully open-for-business. We have many restrictions. We still have restrictions on gatherings, restaurants, numbers in stores, etc. We even have to wear masks outside when standing in line.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by ekba Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:40 pm

Viruses mutate. Sometimes they get worse. 2021 Delta is not the same as 2020 “wild covid” .

The more it spreads, the more it will mutate. Maybe worse, maybe not. Russian roulette. Keep pulling the trigger.
ekba
ekba

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:39 pm

Opinion piece re expert advice: https://www.bassettbrashandhide.com/post/the-advice-of-the-covid-experts

Some NZers are starting to question if this lockdown is about Covid at all. The government actually advertised this job description:

"We are seeking to appoint at pace a fixed term Senior Analyst whose role will be to actively monitor open source social media channels, to triage across these channels and to case-manage issues. You will work as part of a small team in DPMC and connect in with a larger cross-government networks, working to respond to, and build resilience to, disinformation in New Zealand."
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:53 am

Annie, your opinion piece brought back memories from the Dilbert comic strip, from July, 2005. I think we've all know someone of this type, now on a much larger scale:
COVID-19 news & status - Page 33 Dilber12
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:20 am

Excellent interview and analysis from Dr. Zelenko, family MD from upstate NY.: Zelenko
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:33 am

Rig D wrote:Excellent interview and analysis from Dr. Zelenko, family MD from upstate NY.: Zelenko

This is a Covid misinformation site.  They seem more than a little conspiratorial, to put it mildly.   I did not go too far down the propaganda rabbit hole after seeing an article about how the vaccinated are the problem.
Vh67
Vh67

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:05 am

That's OK, VH, don't listen to what the man says, just be a true believer.
As the politician running for house or senate said in Indiana back during Watergate: "Don't confuse me with facts, I have a closed mind on the issue."
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:19 am

Week 32 data:
COVID-19 news & status - Page 33 2021_312

2021 vs 2020:
COVID-19 news & status - Page 33 20_vs_12

Hospital utilization:
COVID-19 news & status - Page 33 Hospit16
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:04 am

Rig,
I know I am not going to change your mind but I am hoping that others that read it take a moment to step back and realize how batshit crazy some of the stuff on that site is. I will admit I did not listen to the interview. I tried to find a transcript of it but I didn’t see one. I don’t watch or listen to any podcasts or interviews, I read them so I can look up things that are being asserted. I trust no one at face value. Most of the stuff on that website has nothing to do with facts but unfortunately there is sector of country that can only see facts after they hooked up to ventilators about to meet their makers. It reminded me of those tabloids my granny used to buy.

Honestly, I am tired and angry at the people who would rather eat horse dewormer than take one of three proven vaccines. Are they 100% safe for 100% of people? No, but no medication is. People still die from penicillin but it is still used because it is effective and safe for most people.
Vh67
Vh67

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:37 pm

That's why free speech is important, so you don't have someone else telling you what is & isn't true. If sites like Youtube, Facebook, & Twitter (YFT) weren't actively shutting down everyone who questions or disagrees with the the Official Party line (possibly some propaganda in there?), then sites like Bitchute might not be there to begin with. So YFT are either saying you are too stupid to investigate and discern truth using your own brain, or have others you trust to help you discern truth, or they don't want you to see/hear any opposition. My money is solidly on the latter.

I'm assuming that the horse dewormer you reference is ivermectin. No doubt it is all just a crock of fake info, just ask any "official", and the MD's successfully using ivermectin are all phonies, frauds, and conspiracy types. The drug has been used for years, safely and successfully.  Oh, yeah, don't forget these people reviewing Africa's accidental success:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33795896/
Yeah, you can get ivermectin for animals at many farm type stores, and it is widely used by 4 leg creatures and some 2 leg ones. For my personal use I will go to my MD for a prescription if/when I think I need one.

And here's another phony MD on that other bogus drug, hydroxychlorquine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1eXkeW444w

Here's the great Fauci & Bid~n on booster shots, maybe now every 5 months vs the "old" 8 month cycle: https://nypost.com/2021/08/27/biden-and-fauci-discuss-covid-19-booster-shots-every-5-months/.Get your sleeve rolled up, You'll be eligible for the first of the unending series of boosters in a month or so.

And if by some mis-chance, you do contract covid, make sure you follow the CDC advice on what do if you get sick so you are getting the best possible care before you go to the hospital:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/steps-when-sick.html
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:56 pm

I haven't clicked through to that site Rig mentioned. Only because I am trying to keep some sense of calmness and reading or watching covid things can agitate me. However, that being said, I do think there are some people out there that are quite crazy with the whole thing. And this bothers me because it makes people like me seem to be grouped in with them. I do believe Covid exists. I think that is hard to argue. I also do not think there is a big conspiracy involved with it. I DO believe that some people have benefitted by it - A LOT - and, therefore, have reasons to keep up the frenzy and paranoia. But that's just capitalism at play. It wouldn't  matter what the crisis someone out there would find a way to benefit from it.

Now, that being said, I do not think that we are all going to die a painful, breathless death. The stats prove that this is rare. We have had enough numbers come through in the last 18 months to tell us that we are more likely to die choking on over-done Sunday roast beef than Covid. And, this also takes into account the over-inflation of deaths that have been stated as such.

I do believe that smart, educated people are able to read, research and see the data and make an informed choice to not get hyped up about it or decide to not vaccinate. Because, at the end of the day it is, and always has been, a gamble. There are risks with Covid and there are risks with the vaccine. Add to this the individual health/sick immune systems of the billions of people on earth and it comes down to a further gamble. Nothing in this game called Covid is 100%. But we all make the best choices for ourselves and hopefully understand that others are doing the same. Without judgment. With compassion and understanding.

COVID-19 news & status - Page 33 22795911

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:52 pm

Thank you, Ontario. We need to respect each other’s right to have an individual opinion.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ekba Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:29 pm

You can have your own opinions, you cannot have your own facts.

In fact, there have been very many more deaths due to Covid than to choking on overdone roast beef.

Choking deaths in the US run about 5,000/year. In the 18 months of Covid, 600,000 plus have died from it. Even if your opinion is that Covid deaths are overstated, it is highly unlikely to be less than deaths due to choking. I am ignoring the fact that roast beef will be a small subset of causes of choking deaths.

Covid has been in the top 3 causes of death in the US over the past year. So stats do not prove that death from Covid is rare.
ekba
ekba

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:41 pm

Let's not forget why this forum is here. I don't want to lose this place. We can agree to disagree, we can even agree to disagree on what we believe the facts are in regards to Covid. We do however, need to respect one another.

We've lost a lot of good friends around here and I don't want to lose more. Please reply with respect to one another. If you can't, then please cool off first and then try again.

Respect also means, if someone posts a link, you have the right to read/watch it or not. If you do not read/watch it, then plesae don't condemn it without knowledge of what is in it.

There are some newpapers I do not care for, however if someone points me to an article in one of them, I will go read the article. I have learned from that stance that while I may not like the paper as a whole, there are times when that paper surprises me with what that particular article contains.

Thank you all for being here where we can share all things food/health related. I love this group, it's been a savior for me with what I've gone through over the years. It breaks my heart for the people we have lost. Lets keep what we have. Lets show the world you can disagree as adults and still be friends.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:52 pm

Thank you for articulating what I was wanting to, NM.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:14 am

What is true:
1. Deaths in 2020 were up dramatically, and it is Covid related. In 2021 deaths are higher due to the big runup at year end 2020 into early 2021, but 2021 seems to be coming back down to "normal" expected deaths, even with the latest Delta fear.
2. Diagnosis of covid has mainly used the PCR test, which is not an accurate test and is scheduled not be used in the USA past year end. There is also the 28 cycle vs 40 cycle issue, depending on vax status. So all the lockdowns etc are based on inaccurate info.
3. There are numerous success stories from doctors who are treating patients using alternative therapies such as ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine. These people have been consistently censored from most media.
4. To get an EUA there must be no effective alternative treatments.
5. The EUA and final FDA approval were done by short circuiting the normal testing timelines on animals and humans. Time will tell if this was smart or not.

Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:37 am

You are correct that I should have watched the clip so I went back and watched. It is filled with misinformation. Google Dr Vladimir Zalenko and you find that in addition to not being able to document or prove his claims, he has been investigated for making fraudulent statements about his treatment regiment.

Disinformation has killed people and will continue to kill people. It has promoted vaccine hesitancy. Tomi and her husband were vaccine hesitant and everyday we don’t hear from her, I worry. This is the last I will post on this. This site has been a source of support and information sharing and it saddens me to see it become a place where dangerous misinformation is treated the same as actual facts.
Vh67
Vh67

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:18 am

Two slants on the same news:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/31/health/fda-vaccine-officials-step-down/index.html
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/senior-fda-officials-step-down-disagreement-white-house-booster-shots
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:09 pm

Week 33 Stats
COVID-19 news & status - Page 33 2021_314

2020 vs 2021
COVID-19 news & status - Page 33 20_vs_14

Hospital status
COVID-19 news & status - Page 33 Hospit18
Rig D