Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COVID-19 news & status

+10
Lovebird
tomi1000
Pedidoc
ekba
Rig D
AutumnTiger
Narrowminded
ShelleyM
marcadav
Meant2Move
14 posters

Page 17 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next

Go down

COVID-19 news & status - Page 17 Empty Re: COVID-19 news & status

Post by Narrowminded Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:37 pm

Watch out folks. I read today that Dr. Fauci is now strongly suggesting that we wear goggles, since it could enter through our eyes. OR some time of eye shield.

Then I also read the CDC is changing their guidelines if you do have Covid. They are now saying you only need to quarantine for 10 days, as long as you are 24 hours fever free. Is covid losing it's strength?

And all the fuss about people recommending Hydroxcholoquine. It does work. It is what my friend in FL was given when he got Covid and landed in the hospital with pneumonia. Due to that drug, he was only hospitalized for 3 days and was back to normal in just over a week. That is fact.

Will it work for everyone, probably not. No drug works 100% for every person. If they did, we would not need multiples.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:27 pm

Pretty soon they are going to require FULL HAZMAT suits to walk to the mailbox!!!! Rolling Eyes
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:48 am

You sure it wasn't Faux-chee?

Looking at Ohio's Covid numbers, they just seemed odd to me.
YTD total hospitalized: 10,857
YTD total put in ICU: 2,557
YTD total covid deaths: 3,515
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:19 am

Have to say, I listen to Dr. Fauci and I wear my mask. No need to continually make fun of people for doing the right thing now. Other countries have.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:32 am

And all the fuss about people recommending Hydroxcholoquine. It does work. It is what my friend in FL was given when he got Covid and landed in the hospital with pneumonia. Due to that drug, he was only hospitalized for 3 days and was back to normal in just over a week. That is fact.

I don't know if this is true but I read that in order for the FDA to approve any vaccine there must not be any other viable cure. This is why they are now saying Hydro doesn't work.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by ekba Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:48 am

ONTARIO wrote:I don't know if this is true but I read that in order for the FDA to approve any vaccine there must not be any other viable cure. This is why they are now saying Hydro doesn't work.

Serious claim. Where is your evidence?
ekba
ekba

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:14 am

ekba wrote:
ONTARIO wrote:I don't know if this is true but I read that in order for the FDA to approve any vaccine there must not be any other viable cure. This is why they are now saying Hydro doesn't work.

Serious claim. Where is your evidence?

This is why I stated that I didn't know if it was true. Seriously. Rolling Eyes

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by ekba Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:38 am

OK. Where did you read that the FDA is intentionally suppressing a cure for covid?
ekba
ekba

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:08 pm

Rig - semi off topic. Saw a meme on FB. Said OH was now on stay at home orders until the Browns win a Super Bowl. Smile
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:50 pm

Oh my, NM! We are in deep doo-doo if that is true.

On the other hand, Ohio is now allowing hydroxychloroquine to be prescribed for Covid. Reverses order from May 30.

PP: I haven't made fun of Fauci until the Faux-chee comment, despite temptations to do so. He's the guy who said that masks don't work early in this process. As I understand it, he did that 'cause there was a mask shortage. Doesn't much matter why. If he knew that masks were beneficial, he should not have lied to the public. I don't consider him reliable at all, he either lied then or he's doing so now. IMO, Anything he says should be viewed with high skepticism.
Since you consider him highly reliable, have you started wearing your swim goggles every time you go to the store also?
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:09 pm

I did not say you did Rig. There are others, outside of this forum, who do.

Your choice and mine to believe and do what we think is right.

And, for me, I'm listening to Fauci.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:56 pm

ekba wrote:OK. Where did you read that the FDA is intentionally suppressing a cure for covid?

I have no idea. It was something I read somewhere in the many places one gets to on the internet in a day. Hence the reason I was upfront saying I did not know if it was true. I'm also not American so didn't bother to go check on US legislation as it doesn't apply to me. I'm sure that if one really wants to know then all you gotta do is read the American vaccine acts, or what y'all call it there.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by ekba Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:49 pm

I was more interested where you got the conspiracy part of your post. I don’t think I’ll find that in US law.
ekba
ekba

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:54 pm

ekba wrote:I was more interested where you got the conspiracy part of your post. I don’t think I’ll find that in US law.

Oh, right. Anyone who counters the government oversight or public hysteria is a conspiracy theorist. Rolling Eyes

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by ekba Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:00 pm

No, You did not say you disagreed with policy. You said you “read somewhere” that the FDA was suppressing a cure for a pandemic disease for the purpose of advancing a vaccine. That would be a conspiracy.
ekba
ekba

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:00 am

Wow,that molehill certainly has grown into a mountain.
O: "I don't know if this is true but I read that in order for the FDA to approve any vaccine there must not be any other viable cure. This is why they are now saying Hydro doesn't work.
E: OK. Where did you read that the FDA is intentionally suppressing a cure for covid?

Pretty big leap, there.

The biggest current conspiracy is the tenacious effort by big media to shut down people who challenge the policy line on CV19. You probably won't hear much about it on NPR. You will probably have to go to one of those dastardly alternative news sites. Probably will have to find their websites as many have been expunged from FB,Utube, etc.

Take hydroxychloroquine as an example:
PJ Media article

Trump Jr suspended

Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:02 am

Week 30 stats
COVID-19 news & status - Page 17 Wk_30_10
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:58 pm

Made me laugh.....some of you will find it funny.COVID-19 news & status - Page 17 Fb_img17

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:28 pm

Thank you for the stats Rig.

I do like that Ontario

Not much new news here. Holding the status quo for this week.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:12 pm

This article came across my feed today.  It's an article from NPR.  I did attempt to vet the article and did find it posted other places than the one that came up in my feed.  Take it for what it is worth.  Just sharing for those who care to read.

NPR article
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ekba Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:57 pm

The NPR article that the linked article (from the Foundation for Economic Education) refers to is from May. It says the fatality rate for COVID-19 is estimated to be 0.5 to 1.0%. This is pretty much concensus now, and it is about where Fauci and Redfield estimated it would be back in March.

So if all Americans catch it, we’ll have 1.6 to 3.2 million deaths.
ekba
ekba

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:35 pm

From the article:

The current best estimates for the infection fatality risk are between 0.5% and 1%," says Caitlin Rivers, an epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security.

This sentence is terribly awkward. Does this mean the overall fatality rate is 0.5 - 1% or does it mean that IF you're infected the death rate is 0.5 - 1%?

Okay, after further research I found that "infection fatality risk" means that is your risk of dying IF you get it.

Last edited by ONTARIO on Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by ekba Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:40 pm

It means if you are infected.
ekba
ekba

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:33 am

Uh-oh! Somebody's in trouble! This is exactly the type of thing rogue employees are doing. One, this kid is under the age for mandatory masks, two, she has a recognized disability. We're seeing this type of blatant violation of people's human rights all over the place. I hope they get sued. In Ontario all you have to say is, ,"I'm medically exempt" and legally, the story must let you in or accommodate you in a way exactly equal to, or better than, if they let you in the store.  

This is a story out of Ontario.

https://london.ctvnews.ca/family-asked-to-leave-disney-store-after-child-with-autism-couldn-t-keep-mask-on-1.5051857

We've also got an area Medical Director of Health that refuses to enforce a mandatory mask order. He says that the science does not support it. FINALLY a voice of reason!

https://lfpress.com/opinion/columnists/column-chatham-kent-medical-officer-of-health-likens-masks-to-chicken-soup

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:53 pm

FWIW: From NBC News
“Ohio Governor Mike DeWine took a test for COVID-19 as part of the standard protocol to greet President Donald Trump on the tarmac at Burke Lakefront Airport in Cleveland," the governor’s office said in a statement. "Governor DeWine tested positive."

DeWine told reporters in a remote press conference later Thursday that the test result was "a big, a big surprise." As for symptoms, he said, "I feel fine. I have a headache. But I get a lot of headaches."
Hmmph, no doubt on the headaches.
DeWine is "serving his time," 14 day quarantine at his family home.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next