Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quercetin Dihydrate

5 posters

Go down

Quercetin Dihydrate Empty Quercetin Dihydrate

Post by OnTheBayou Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:46 pm

I brought this flavinoid polyphenol up in another thread. I was trying to consume it along with DMSO because DH has a low rate of bioavailablity (sp?) in water.

And then I thought, well, hell, just take more of it! No DMSO required.

In the last few days I've experimented and have been, as they say, blown away. Multiple physical and mental reactions.

I've consumed it in a protein shake, in yogurt, or on top of eggs. I found that 1 tsp is an overdose for me. I feel like I've taken an amphetamine but w/o the negative side effects. I am hugely more alert, I WANT to exercise or spend energy, which I really do not like otherwise. I find myself full of strong male confidence, empowered. What I'm thinking is the opposite of depressed. Not like kick someone's ass, just standing up straighter, knowing I will handle the next interaction well. It borderlines on uncomfortable, that speed like effect. (No stranger to uppers, coke, FYI. Once upon a time.)

Today I went with a half tsp in the AM, early afternoon, later afternoon.

As an old dude, for the last several years I've suffered hematomas on my forearms, off and on. Red blotches, easily breached to bleed. They come and go. Tonight my forearms are totally clear of any pathology, and I'm pretty sure that my age/"liver" spots have significantly receded.

I think that I'm experiencing more satiety, less hunger. Need more time/input for this one.

QD does show a lot of promise about fat cell chemistry, weight loss, etc. Most of the papers that have examined quercetin in these matters have used rather low dosages. I know that in this very short term of several days my weight loss is better than w/o QD and exercise. Time and more QD will tell.

Warning: This shit stains. Very yellow. In powder form it sticks to every surface. When I combined it with DSMO and applied topically to my forearms, it transferred to my walls and other contact points as I bumped into them. Bleach makes it go black. I had to spray aforementioned contact points with shellac before I could paint to prevent bleed through.

OnTheBayou

Back to top Go down

Quercetin Dihydrate Empty Re: Quercetin Dihydrate

Post by Rig D Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:38 am

I may give this a shot, I've got a bunch of the age spots on my hands that it would be nice to see go away. Don't know about the side effects on the house though, sound like a pain to work with.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheBayou Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:50 am

Rig D wrote:I may give this a shot, I've got a bunch of the age spots on my hands that it would be nice to see go away.  Don't know about the side effects on the house though, sound like a pain to work with.

You won't have the issue if you don't use it topically with DMSO..........and are sober.

I just put a half teaspoon on my sausage and egg scrambles. Easy to work into the day at that dose. Just put it on foods. It has no effect on flavors, it doesn't have much itself.

I going to shoot for 3-4 half teaspoon doses per day.

OnTheBayou

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheBayou Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:54 am

Over at Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/search/?q=quercetin

OnTheBayou

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheBayou Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:47 am

Here's a good overview page with, like, you know, actual citations! Hooray for science, not worthless writing dross.

https://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2009/4/Quercetin

OnTheBayou

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:40 pm

I find it helps with allergies. Not sure about the amount, I take a capsule daily. I notice it when I don't.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheBayou Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:04 pm

Meant2Move wrote:I find it helps with allergies. Not sure about the amount, I take a capsule daily. I notice it when I don't.

Interesting. I don't seem to be experiencing what I did early on. Maybe a tolerance? But I'll just up things and see what happens.

OnTheBayou

Back to top Go down

Post by JCat Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:25 pm

Mixed results with mixing with DMSO. Sometimes it seems to take away the pain, sometimes it doesn't.

JCat

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheBayou Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:58 pm

Meant2Move wrote:I find it helps with allergies. Not sure about the amount, I take a capsule daily. I notice it when I don't.

I'm not aware of any correlation of DH and allergies. More likely placebo effect.

OnTheBayou

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheBayou Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:00 pm

JCat wrote:Mixed results with mixing with DMSO. Sometimes it seems to take away the pain, sometimes it doesn't.

Our bodies are so complex, even w/o individual variation.

How are you "taking" this? As I said in my original post, topically is highly problematical. Oral capsules?

OnTheBayou

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky07 Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:20 pm

OTB, haven’t been here in a long time...looks like you are still looking for magic potions. Are you still taking the stuff that turned your gonads into coconuts?

Rocky07

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheBayou Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:44 pm

Rocky07 wrote:OTB, haven’t been here in a long time...looks like you are still looking for magic potions. Are you still taking the stuff that turned your gonads into coconuts?

Busted! Yeah, I know how I keep looking for magic potions!

I stopped that probiotic because it was slightly expensive. And, mission accomplished, ha ha..

OnTheBayou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum