Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AHA president has heart attack @ 52

4 posters

Go down

AHA president has heart attack @ 52 Empty AHA president has heart attack @ 52

Post by srinath_69 Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:27 am

OMG, I am late to this news I'll bet - but -

ANAHEIM, California – American Heart Association President John Warner was away from the AHA’s Scientific Sessions with his family Monday after having a minor heart attack during the organization’s flagship scientific conference.

Warner, a practicing cardiologist and the CEO of UT Southwestern University Hospitals in Dallas, had the episode Monday morning. He was taken to a local hospital, where doctors inserted a stent to open a clogged artery.

At the conference no less. Will the irony never end.

srinath_69

Back to top Go down

AHA president has heart attack @ 52 Empty Re: AHA president has heart attack @ 52

Post by sharperhawk Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:36 am

I went to the AHA's website and looked at the Healthy Living section. It looks pretty much like Primal Blueprint.
sharperhawk
sharperhawk

Back to top Go down

AHA president has heart attack @ 52 Empty Re: AHA president has heart attack @ 52

Post by ONTARIO Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:53 am

I don't know. I try not to judge people who find themselves in situations like this that seem to contradict all that they represent. There are just too many factors involved in life to know why someone ends up ill.

Case in point....growing up both my parents were chain smokers. So, for the first 19 years of my life, my formative, rapid cell regrowth years, I breathed in plenty of second-hand smoke. To this day I still am very susceptible to colds and anything respiratory. I swear I can catch a cold from someone in the next county. And I attribute it to the fact that my respiratory system is probably irreversibly damaged.

So, despite that at 46 years old I eat healthy and take zero drugs I am still prone to illness of the respiratory tract.

I think it's too easy to point fingers when we don't really know about the other factors that might have affected someone that were beyond their control.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by srinath_69 Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:27 am

I see this on the heart.org - healthy living recipes section -
Fitter Corn Fritters with Avocado.

To me that's an epic fail. Its adding good fats to a terrible entree.

Dunno, maybe they originally recomended adding a bad fat, like refined oil instead. But sadly, the only part of that I eat is the avocado.

But he had a family history of heart disease. Shouldn't he be doubly sure his diet is tailored for him - and isn't he the "best" heart doctor in the world ? Sadly - the best in a bought and paid for organization aint amount to much I guess.

srinath_69

Back to top Go down

Post by sharperhawk Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:38 am

Sounds like nitpicking to me. If someone told me that they were switching to AHA, DASH, or Mediterranean, I wouldn't tell them, "No! This book in my hands shows THE ONE TRUE WAY!" People doing their own cooking with real food and not overeating are 90% of the battle.
sharperhawk
sharperhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by srinath_69 Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:47 pm

Yea I'm nitpicking - I'm reminded of Dr Berg chuckling - "corn is not a vegetable"
I love it when people talk about eating just vegetables and still not reversing diabetes. LOL, corn, potatoes, sugar cane and rice. Sorry, not vegetables.

srinath_69

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:05 pm

Ontario, I share some of your pain on the parent smoking front. My Dad was a heavy smoker all his life, I came along late in life for my folks and it took until I was a teen-ager for my Mother (a confirmed non-smoker) to get him to smoke outside the house. I would get bad headaches in the car whenever he smoked, and I finally was able to convince him that I could tell when he lit one up, even if his side vent was open. Once convinced, he quite car-smoking. and that improved my life quite a bit. For me, when I went primal in 2012 my susceptibility to colds/flu/recurring bronchitis went away.

In the early 80's we lived in a small town in Oklahoma and when we had management meetings I was the only non-smoker on the Plant Manager's staff. I had to take periodic "air breaks" to get some fresh air. It was devastatingly uncomfortable in that conference room.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:21 pm

Rig D wrote: For me, when I went primal in 2012 my susceptibility to colds/flu/recurring bronchitis went away.

When I went primal in 2013 my colds did cut down quite a bit. But the one thing that was awesome was that I haven't had a single sinus infection since going Primal. I used to get them every single time I got a cold. So primal does help a lot.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down