Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Artificial Ingredients... UGH.

+13
John Caton
Paysan
sharperhawk
Neck2
srinath_69
Glass Full of Air
Acroyali
ONTARIO
breadsauce
Meant2Move
Rig D
Narrowminded
RedComet
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Artificial Ingredients... UGH. - Page 3 Empty Re: Artificial Ingredients... UGH.

Post by Lovebird Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:00 am

srinath_69 wrote:I am not fasting because I have will power, I fast because I have "wont" power.
I wont learn, I wont cook, I wont clean, I wont spend more $$$. Hence I hit the buffet, and I fast.

"Wont is a type of behavior that is specific to a person. It’s also the wrong way to spell won’t."

And it's obvious to anyone that's been reading your posts for almost a year now, you will not learn.

Back to top Go down

Artificial Ingredients... UGH. - Page 3 Empty Re: Artificial Ingredients... UGH.

Post by Annieh Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:13 am

Narrowminded wrote:
I agree that my sugar craving was completely eliminated after doing W30 and even the slightest sweetness was intolerable. That’s my 2 cents
I have never done whole 30, but this comment is the one that makes the most sense to me in this entire thread.  Sugar is unnecessary and therefore so are sugar substitutes. Simply following primal principles did the same to me, even carrots tasted sweet and apples way way too sweet. This is useful, making it far far easier to stick with the programme.

I drink unsweetened tea multiple times per day.  If I were to add sugar or drink sweet drinks (as I used to decades ago), I would have to cut calories elsewhere which I definitely do not want to do. I love food.

Also, I long since realised I prefer to eat my treats than drink them, and way prefer chocolate over wine any day.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by srinath_69 Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:05 am

Rocky07 wrote:
Rig D wrote:I think you are way over on the bell curve of human metabolism, maybe 4 or 5 standard deviations.

LOL, Srin is definitely marching to his own beat!

Srin, whatever happened to your alcohol experiment? Weren’t you going to have blood work done after an extended period of heavy alcohol assumption? I forget what you were testing. Weren’t you trying to prove heavy alcohol consumption is healthy?

The tests are done, hence the huge cut back in drinking. The doc apt is this week, I dunno if the labs are done and he'll give em to me then.
There is no "proving" of anything. I am trying to see if the tests suggest a theory.

srinath_69

Back to top Go down

Post by srinath_69 Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:32 am

Annieh wrote:
Simply following primal principles did the same to me, even carrots tasted sweet and apples way way too sweet. This is useful, making it far far easier to stick with the programme.

See this 1 line is terrifying to me. I already find Zucchini and squash very sweet, steamed carrots - well I eat carrots raw for that reason and dread the day I find those too sweet and its getting there.
I am not interested in living life like a saint. I want to enjoy fruit and the sweet veggies too. I think I'll stay with sucralose in tea and happily eat fruit and sweet veggies and the ocassional indian confection and not worry about losing that taste.

srinath_69

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:07 pm

Each to his own. I can't fathom why anyone would prefer the sweetness of sucralose to that of carrots and apples.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by srinath_69 Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:42 pm

Annieh wrote:Each to his own. I can't fathom why anyone would prefer the sweetness of sucralose to that of carrots and apples.  

Cos I cant put carrots or apples in coffee or tea ??? Anyway what you're saying isn't accurate - cos sucralose lets me eat carrots or apples (more or less).

This is my thought - I don't want to start disliking fruits and sweet veggies after doing W30. So I'll live with liking for sweet veggies and fruit, and deal with sugar cravings by putting sucralose in tea and not worry about doing a primal pure W30 diet.

srinath_69

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:54 pm

srinath_69 wrote:
Annieh wrote:Each to his own. I can't fathom why anyone would prefer the sweetness of sucralose to that of carrots and apples.  

Cos I cant put carrots or apples in coffee or tea ??? Anyway what you're saying isn't accurate - cos sucralose lets me eat carrots or apples (more or less).

This is my thought - I don't want to start disliking fruits and sweet veggies after doing W30. So I'll live with liking for sweet veggies and fruit, and deal with sugar cravings by putting sucralose in tea and not worry about doing a primal pure W30 diet.

That is not what they are saying about the W30 at all. Just that one will not enjoy the overly sweet concoctions that are part of SAD. The sweetness of natural things will be more obvious, that's all.

W30 is strict paleo for 30 days to find out what you're sensitive to, but how would you know... eat all the fake foods you want, it's your health, your life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky07 Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:48 pm

Lovebird wrote:
srinath_69 wrote:

That is not what they are saying about the W30 at all. Just that one will not enjoy the overly sweet concoctions that are part of SAD. The sweetness of natural things will be more obvious, that's all.

W30 is strict paleo for 30 days to find out what you're sensitive to, but how would you know... eat all the fake foods you want, it's your health, your life.

Yes Lovebird, basically an elimination diet. Full benefit requires rigorous adherence.

Rocky07

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:28 pm

Back to my journal I go.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum