Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memorial Day

3 posters

Go down

Memorial Day Empty Memorial Day

Post by Lovebird Wed May 29, 2019 4:44 am

For those of you that think that the Memorial Day weekend is meant to celebrate the beginning of the Summer season, think again.. there is no such thing as a 'Happy Memorial Day'. Yes, I'm hurt as well as angry about that. Sad

Memorial Day is a time to honor and reflect on the sacrifices made by Americans in combat, a somber day set aside for remembrance of those that have died serving their country. It is not a happy day.

Former SEAL Kevin Lacz: “Memorial Day needs to be a solemn remembrance of the brave Americans who have laid down their lives for the freedom we cherish. Frankly, the mere act of putting on the uniform isn’t heroic. As Americans, we have begun to overuse the word ‘hero‘. I stand by my claim that the real heroes are the men and women who don't come home. Memorial Day is for them.”

Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day

Post by Narrowminded Wed May 29, 2019 7:58 am

LB I am there with you. No celebrating at this house. It was a quiet day.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Wed May 29, 2019 9:41 am

An excellent show on Memorial Day is America's Hidden History with David Barton and his son Tim.
https://watch.tbn.tv/america-s-hidden-history/videos/memorial-day
You will have to create a free account on tbn to watch it.
Several segments: first is a 9/11 survivor recounting events of that day. Not to my taste
Second, starting at 17:30 Oklahoma Congressman Steve Russell recounts family history. Pretty good.
Third, 19:30 An excellent section on the History of Memorial day, some really interesting stuff on the use of the atomic bomb in Japan and circumstances surrounding that choice, and American actions prior to dropping them. And info on what is being taught today in schools about WWII.
Fourth 38:00 WWII survivor of the sinking of the Indianapolis, the ship that carried the "Little Boy" nuclear bomb. Very chilling and emotional description of his fight to live. You can almost see through his eyes as he vividly recollects what happened. Excellent segment.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum