Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bacon and bacon fat

4 posters

Go down

bacon and bacon fat Empty bacon and bacon fat

Post by Paysan Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:59 pm

We just finished off a box of bacon that my daughter shared. A previous "cheap" bacon just about drove us out of the house while cooking; the smell was nauseating. The bacon itself tasted OK, but not the fat. Her new box also excited the olfactory bulbs in a negative way, but not as badly. What's up with these bad smells from the fat? affraid

Paysan

Back to top Go down

bacon and bacon fat Empty Re: bacon and bacon fat

Post by OnTheBayou Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:57 pm

Paysan wrote:We just finished off a box of bacon that my daughter shared. A previous "cheap" bacon just about drove us out of the house while cooking; the smell was nauseating. The bacon itself tasted OK, but not the fat. Her new box also excited the olfactory bulbs in a negative way, but not as badly. What's up with these bad smells from the fat? affraid

A box of bacon? The only boxes of bacon I've ever seen were like 2 pounds of pieces, trimmings.

OnTheBayou

Back to top Go down

Post by Paysan Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:17 pm

Bingo! Some weeks it's the only bacon we could afford, but I've given orders that this stuff, we can live without. Evil or Very Mad

Paysan

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheBayou Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:46 pm

Paysan wrote:Bingo! Some weeks it's the only bacon we could afford, but I've given orders that this stuff, we can live without. Evil or Very Mad

OK, now that's clarified. I wonder what the difference could be? I haven't bought a box of bacon since I was married and poor; I get what you are saying.

Not that I'm single and rich, now. Rich in so many ways, none to do with money.

OnTheBayou

Back to top Go down

Post by Paysan Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:54 pm

I'm not a paleo purist, as you can tell. Where I can, I buy organic, and beyond  that, grassfed when the budget allows. But I have never smelled bacon that was so gross before. Are the trimmings contaminated by too long out of refrigeration? Are they from stinky old boars? I have smelled boar taint before, but not like this. Whatever, I'll try to keep such stuff away from my lips from now on. Yack!

Paysan

Back to top Go down

Post by priest Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:37 am

there is no way that bacon or its fat (pastured OR CAFO) could ever be made to taste less than perfect without vegan tampering. tell your producer to check the videotape. you'd be surprised at what these extremist terrorists do to our natural food supply when they get half a chance

priest

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheBayou Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:41 am

priest wrote:there is no way that bacon or its fat (pastured OR CAFO) could ever be made to taste less than perfect without vegan tampering.  tell your producer to check the videotape.  you'd be surprised at what these extremist terrorists do to our natural food supply when they get half a chance

Time to ban this fool. Again.

OnTheBayou

Back to top Go down

Post by priest Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:45 am

what are you talking about, OnTheBayou? I'm on YOUR side!

priest

Back to top Go down

Post by Paysan Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:30 pm

Next on the agenda, according to a recent blog post, is a meat tax "to save the earth." Figures up to 40% tax were heralded as various countries cut down their suggested  meat intakes, and realign their food pyramids. I can see all the governments rubbing their hands in glee at this new unexpected windfall of revenue, and all their associated medical /agricultural/vegan counterparts doing likewise. Not 40%? Oh good, a 10% tax on meat will make me ever so grateful. NOT! Evil or Very Mad

Paysan

Back to top Go down

Post by priest Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:08 pm

it's veganazism at its worst. can we at least agree on that, OnTheBayou?

priest

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky07 Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:07 pm

priest wrote:there is no way that bacon or its fat (pastured OR CAFO) could ever be made to taste less than perfect without vegan tampering.  tell your producer to check the videotape.  you'd be surprised at what these extremist terrorists do to our natural food supply when they get half a chance

Yeah, you really had everyone fooled for a little while. Well, actually you never fooled anyone but yourself.

Will be interesting to see how long the mods tolerate your BS.

Rocky07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down