Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Meant2Move wrote:Hope you are having a wonderful time with Felix. What a cutie!

Thanks
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Ah what a cute little guy.  Have fun and enjoy every moment.

Thank, NM.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:14 pm

Today we went to a petting zoo with pony rides. He spent 3 hours running between the pony ride, train ride and climbing up to the fort to go down the slides. Home for lunch and then he took a 3-hour nap (I took one for 90 minutes). Youngest and fiance came over and we all went out for steak with my parents. Felix was very well behaved.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:15 pm

Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:46 am

That is one active youngster!!! Hooray for naptime.
He looks at home in that saddle too.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:31 am

Annieh wrote:That is one active youngster!!!  Hooray for naptime.  
He looks at home in that saddle too.

Yes, he stays busy, Annieh. I am thrilled that he is taking 2-3 hours naps now, as he used to take cat naps off and on. I used to show hunter/jumpers back in the day and would like to think he got his "seat" from LaLa.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:35 am

Is that really a pony? I think it looks like a donkey. But what do I know?

So much fun to expose the grandchildren to new things. And he does share LaLa's ease in the saddle.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:38 am

Hard, deep sleep last night. Did not want to get up at 7 when my alarm went off because I could have slept longer and it was still dark out (thanks, DST). I wanted to have some quiet time to have coffee and wake up before Felix gets up.

We are home all day today. Depending on what mood Felix wakes up in, I hope to do some random chores around the house. I will finish setting up my computer station during his naptime if he doesn't wear me out. There are days he can be both mentally and physically exhausting - this is why you have kids when you are young!

Dinner tonight will be sloppy joe meat with leftover potato from last night for me and baked in crescent roll packets for Felix and DH. I would like to feed Felix more primaly than I do, but he does not eat that way at home and his age makes introducing new foods a lengthy procedure. As he gets older, I will not make him things with grains.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:39 am

perennialpam wrote:Is that really a pony?  I think it looks like a donkey.  But what do I know?

So much fun to expose the grandchildren to new things.  And he does share LaLa's ease in the saddle.  

Yes, it was actually a pony, probably a Shetland mix. He also rode a taller white one that he really liked.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:41 am

Looks like a very fun day. Hopefully you will get your wish and be able to get the desk all set up today while Felix naps.

Yes, slowly start removing grain type things. At his age, he probably won’t notice if they are missing, as long as he has enough of the other to make him full. You know him best and are being a great LaLa

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:59 am

Yes "the kids" will have a challenge. Having a really smart one presents some unique challenges. We have found that the best way to go is to try and treat the kids as mini-adults in as many areas as possible, particularly in how you communicate with them, especially when really young. Let 'em flex their wings and explore areas of opportunity as they come up. It's tough to balance out, hard to keep in mind that that the brilliant individual you are talking to doesn't have any real-world experience yet to balance them out.

My GS was tagged for the gifted program here last year due to grades and IQ tests. He's currently in grade 4. He wants to get into the STEM program in middle school, as soon as it opens up for his class. His older brother refused to go into the STEM program a couple of years back because they required a foreign language and the only option was Chinese. Big mistake on his part, he's bored silly in HS, even with a raft of advanced classes, and in today's world, knowing Chinese can only be a plus.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:01 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Looks like a very fun day.  Hopefully you will get your wish and be able to get the desk all set up today while Felix naps.

Yes, slowly start removing grain type things.  At his age, he probably won’t notice if they are missing, as long as he has enough of the other to make him full.  You know him best and are being a great LaLa

Got the office moved around and am closer to set up than I was before. No fault of Felix's as he took an almost 4-hour nap - pollen is really high and bless his heart he has bad allergies. I was just into a book and took the time to read instead of working.

When he is with me he does not eat processed food. I try to be as grain-free as possible, but I do bend to his palate somewhat.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:03 pm

Rig D wrote:Yes "the kids" will have a challenge. Having a really smart one presents some unique challenges. We have found that the best way to go is to try and treat the kids as mini-adults in as many areas as possible, particularly in how you communicate with them, especially when really young. Let 'em flex their wings and explore areas of opportunity as they come up. It's tough to balance out, hard to keep in mind that that the brilliant individual you are talking to doesn't have any real-world experience yet to balance them out.

My GS was tagged for the gifted program here last year due to grades and IQ tests. He's currently in grade 4. He wants to get into the STEM program in middle school, as soon as it opens up for his class. His older brother refused to go into the STEM program a couple of years back because they required a foreign language and the only option was Chinese. Big mistake on his part, he's bored silly in HS, even with a raft of advanced classes, and in today's world, knowing Chinese can only be a plus.

That is pretty much what we let him do. Today he thought he was being sly and sticking his tongue (rolled) out at me as a sign of defiance that would not be caught. I gave him a warning and then he got a time out (in a room with nothing to hurt and nothing to play with). He was not happy with me, but I will not tolerate him thinking he is smarter than me!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:07 pm

Dinner was good - sloppy joe packets for Felix with tater tots. He has eaten well today, as lunch was several strips of chicken and breakfast was GF blueberry-banana muffins and some 1/2 strength OJ. Need to work on veggies, but the sloppy joes had pumpkin puree in them, so I did get orange ones into him. Wink

He was certainly pushing the limits today, but we have survived. He is bathed and "hanging out" until bedtime in an hour.

Tomorrow DH took the day off so he can go to the children's museum with us. I will not lie, I am glad for the back-up.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:18 pm

One thought, although you may have already tried. When my DS was young, I’d make pasta - pre-paleo, like 28 years ago. I’d put the sauce in the blender and blend in all kinds of veg of all colors. He never knew. So maybe some spaghetti squash with doctored sauce?

Happy to hear he took a good long nap.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:13 am

That little bugger! haha

Who knows what he gets away with at home. That's the tough part. He will learn to listen to LaLa and do as she wishes, I am sure.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:34 am

Narrowminded wrote:One thought, although you may have already tried.  When my DS was young, I’d make pasta - pre-paleo, like 28 years ago.  I’d put the sauce in the blender and blend in all kinds of veg of all colors.  He never knew.  So maybe some spaghetti squash with doctored sauce?

Happy to hear he took a good long nap.

Yes, I do the same thing. His muffins have veg secreted into them.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:35 am

perennialpam wrote:That little bugger!  haha

Who knows what he gets away with at home.  That's the tough part.  He will learn to listen to LaLa and do as she wishes, I am sure.  

I know it is easier to just let him get away with stuff, but I refuse to let him grow up that way. It just makes life harder later on.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:38 am

Great sleep last night. Woke up about an hour before my alarm, so spent some quiet time reading before I got up. Felix is still asleep, so I am having my coffee and catch up in relative quiet.

Today the 3 of us go to the Children's museum. Felix has been looking forward to it. Hopefully, he will be on good behavior today.

Sheet pan chicken with veg including his broccoli tonight for dinner.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:58 am

oh wow!  he is a cutie pie for sure!  and what fun you're having this week Smile

Last edited by tomi1000 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:25 pm

Here's hoping the museum visit is fun for all of you!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:16 pm

tomi1000 wrote:oh wow!  he is a cutie pie for sure!  and what you're having this week Smile  

Thanks, Tomi
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:17 pm

Meant2Move wrote:Here's hoping the museum visit is fun for all of you!

Museum was tons of fun
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:18 pm

Being a Lifeguard

Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:19 pm