Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Dec 08 2017, 15:43

Time to jump back in and start another journal. Woke up to snow this morning. Not much and will be gone by noon, but a rare event in H-town. By Thursday we will be back into the 70s. I had planned to work from home today, thankfully as the accidents are crazy out there. DH is also off today since he worked last weekend. Plumber coming today as I have replaced the flappers in 2 toilets and they are still running, so it is time for the professional to try. Thankfully we have a home warranty that covers it.

Finally got a chance to talk to the doc about the difficult person at the clinic. He was dismayed because he had spoken to her 2 weeks ago and additionally she is lying to him. I wish he would get rid of her, but I do not see that happening. I have not given him any days after the 21st and when he asked I told him I was waiting to see her attitude then. She makes the day miserable and I told him I felt like she was trying to get rid of me (she brags about getting rid of people she does not like) and hoping he will hire her daughter. He said that would never happen, so I asked him to tell her that. We will see how the 21st goes.

Today will be a low-calorie fast day for both DH and me. I plan on getting on the treadmill twice for 30 minutes each time today and doing some sledgehammer work if it does not aggravate my ribs. I'm really hoping that this time next year finds me healthier and fitter than I am today.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Dec 08 2017, 15:57

Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Dec 08 2017, 15:58

Snow last night, out front and back doors this morning and Felix in Austin last night.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Dec 08 2017, 16:11

Great pics as always Kathi. Somehow my other reply has vanished... must be me, because this forum is awesome as is.

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Dec 08 2017, 16:39

Awoke to snow myself yesterday but I live in Michigan. Same thing here with the accident issues.

Like Felix's picture the most.

Hope you have gotten through to the doc.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Dec 08 2017, 18:03

Thanks lovebird and PPam. I posted the snow pictures to show how little we got. The amount was inversely proportional to the number of accidents!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Dec 08 2017, 20:22

The snow is pretty!
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Sat Dec 09 2017, 02:05

What a cutie that boy is! Wish we had snow!!!!!!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Dec 09 2017, 03:03

Thanks M2M.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Dec 09 2017, 05:39

We had flurries yesterday, but DD 2 hours north got dumped on, over a foot. She’s learning to drive in snow but really needs a better snow car. However she’ll only be there for two winters with her PT schooling so...

Not sure where you’re located but I generally find the least snow binges the most accidents around here
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Dec 09 2017, 05:58

We are in Houston, so they no nothing about cold weather driving!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Dec 09 2017, 06:09

Was rereading my MDA journal. I missGoldie and Tomi. TW remember when you were Siobhan? You were the only one responding to my journal for a long time. I'd forgotten how sick my parents were and when I had west Nile! I think I will go back and save it in a word document. I especially want the breast cancer scare archived.

Last edited by Pedidoc on Sat Dec 09 2017, 17:10; edited 1 time in total
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Sat Dec 09 2017, 09:56

Trees look beautiful with their sprinkling of sugar on the leaves.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sat Dec 09 2017, 13:30

meant2move wrote:Wish we had snow!!!!!!
HFF wrote:Trees look beautiful with their sprinkling of sugar on the leaves.

To me, that photo shows the perfect amount of snow. It is pretty. I always say snow is great as long as it stays off the roads, sidewalks and parking lots. We're expecting  close to an inch of the stuff this wkend(southern Ohio)  My snow shovel is primed, even if I'm not.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Dec 09 2017, 16:21

Rig I completely agree about the snow. The less of it the better as far as I'm concerned.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Dec 09 2017, 17:12

Thanks for stopping by everyone! I agree lived up north 5 years and can do without much more than a sprinkle of snow occasionally.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Dec 09 2017, 17:21

Great sleep last night. Woke up before my alarm. DH had the fireplace going again when I got up (we used it all day yesterday too). It's the most we've used it in the 7 years we've been here.

I've redone my part of a faculty table needed for accreditation again, done some grading, calculated attendance grades, and filled in all grades that I can for both the classes I'm teaching.

I've got a grocery run, Christmas cards, wrapping and getting the gifts that need mailing ready to go, finishing the syllabi for my spring courses, grading 5 papers, grading the last few Patho tables that are due by noon today, and some nonprimal baking slated for the rest of the day. Also plan on 2 30 minute stints on the treadmill and some planks.

Dinner is primal animal burgers with sautéed onions and a TBD side.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Dec 10 2017, 00:59

Since I'm the only one GF and I enjoy baking: 5 pumpkin bread, 4 carrot bread, and 3 banana bread made this afternoon.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sun Dec 10 2017, 08:25

That's a lot of baking!!!
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sun Dec 10 2017, 08:31

Very impressive, Kathi... is there anything you can't do or approach in a minimalistic way? Cool
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Dec 10 2017, 15:34

Annieh wrote:That's a lot of baking!!!

In this home I have double ovens in the kitchen that I can do multiple racks on convection mode. So, while it looks like a lot it's was fairly easy. I would have killed for those ovens when the boys were all home! lol!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Dec 10 2017, 15:40

Lovebird wrote:Very impressive, Kathi... is there anything you can't do or approach in a minimalistic way? Cool

There are tons of things I can't do, but I never want to say I can't do that without at least trying other than anything that has to do with heights and roller coasters (although I've tried both and said never again). Minimalist things: daily makeup and hair, most of the time clothing (not that I don't wear any, I just like easy to wear no fuss stuff), cleaning, that sort of thing.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Dec 10 2017, 15:53

Sleep was good, I woke up because I was hot (2 dogs and DH generate too much heat). After I got the dogs rearranged, I slept great. Up before my alarm.

Lazy morning to start. I'm getting on the tread mill in about 15 minutes. Cleaning up a bit and then hitting the new monthly farmers market in the burg to check it out.

Then I going to do some research on a topic a buddy and I hope to work on pretty quickly and get published. After which, I plan on another 30 minutes on the treadmill and some sledgehammer swinging.

Dinner is a chuck roast that's in the slow cooker. Will add sautéed veggies or a salad depending on my mood later.

After dinner, I'm baking cookies. Multiple dozens for DH and I to take to work. I will probably finish up by freezing cookie sized chunks of dough. That way when all the kids are here I can just pull it out and bake without all the mess.

I'm also making some chocolate pecan truffles (primal recipe). I will freeze some for me. The rest I will box up for my Dean. She loved them when I made them before. She eats chocolate when she is stressed and at least these don't have anything bad in them.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Dec 10 2017, 20:10

Great job on the baking. i did a bit myself yesterday.

I do miss baking. All baking be it Paleo or convential is not good for me. i can't control myself with it, so i've had to give it up.

Happy to hear you can do it without much issue.

Grok on my friend!
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sun Dec 10 2017, 20:50

Love the pics! Felix is adorable!

The loaves look wonderful. I love to bake but I don’t dare. I made an apple cake with almond flour and unfortunately it was delicious!

Yes, I remember all of those times! And you obtained another Ph.D!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next