Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 9 Empty Re: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:01 pm

I’m wondering if there is a keyboard app that students could access via zoom with you to do their lessons?
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 9 Empty Re: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Post by perennialpam on Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:50 am

I think the garden shed sounds like a good place to hang out on Easter.  But that's me.  Smile
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:53 pm

Annie I’m glad you’ve got the fall chores coming to keep your mind occupied. If it would warm a bit here, we could start on Spring.

Prayers are going out from here as well.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:46 am

Today was a very strange day, that seemed to last a very very long time. Our level four lockdown starts tonight. It occurred to me that we might well use another space to hang out, so I gathered a small round table and three plastic chairs, hosed them down and placed against the back wall of the house. Now I need a name for our outdoor area. I discarded, All Seasons, because it really won't be. And the shortlist is:

Three's Company
Moveable Feast
Dining Out
Compost View Cafe
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:00 am

Do we get to vote?

Compost View Cafe
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:35 pm

Yes, you can vote.  One for Compost View Cafe.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:33 pm

Whew, first day in lockdown.  2 hours computer work for me felt WAY more intense than 2 1/2 or even 3 hours tutoring piano.  I have most of my lesson plans outlined, and now must take a break before scanning all the resources that will need to accompany them.

Around the neighbourhood children are bouncing on trampolines, riding scooters and building skate ramps, while the adults are pruning hedges, clearing sheds, painting the house and staining outdoor furniture.  Teddies are perching in the windows.

At home we are very grateful that we have a separate studio and we almost need a booking system as the demand is fairly intense.  DH is setting up a photography project,  DD attends livestream dance workouts, and I took my computer work up there.  Who would have thought a lockdown could be so busy.

Once again, it's feeling like a long day and it's not even lunch time. Only 29 1/2 more days to go. Maybe.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:26 pm

I think your idea for creating an outdoor space is excellent, particularly as in reading your last post, the house sounds that bit hectic! Good luck with the lesson plans and finding good resources.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:32 pm

Three’s Company (a nod to the sit com).
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:45 pm

So glad you are making the most of your first day. Maybe a bit of Konmari is in order. That’s what I was hoping to do.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:42 am

M2M, no not truly hectic.  We have a three bedroom house and a separate studio and a large enough 809sq m back and front yard and there are three of us.  So we just work around each other, rotating through different locations as the day goes by, crossing paths when we want to and staying out of each other's way when we want to do that, and coming together at dinner time.  

So far, we are still allowed to go for a walk in the neighbourhood, as long as we stay 2m away from anyone else doing the same thing, which lots of people are.

DD is still supposed to be studying though, which entails lots of loud singing, and fast dancing, and vigorous exercising, so it's not unobtrusive.

Pedi, vote counted.  It's DD's choice too.

NM, Konmari is needed but at the moment it seems more vital to the mental health to spend as much time as possible outdoors while the weather permits. The time will come when cleaning the laundry room rises to the top of the list.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:31 am

We are seeing a lot of house projects around our area too. I doubt that restrictions on walking around in the neighborhood will come, they'll have a lot of stir crazy people if they go that far, and a lot who will just say <bleep> you to that order.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:34 am

Annie, enjoy the outside time while you can! We are just moving into summer and the gloomy days that lock us inside make me gloomy too!

I am liking the Compost View Cafe.
Vh67
Vh67

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:45 pm

Sounds like lockdown isn't as relaxing as you thought it would be! You do sound busy. I laughed at the hongi comment. I taught a unit to my Chinese students about cultural norms in different countries and hongi was one of them.

With regard to the piano lessons - my daughter's guitar teacher is currently holding online lessons. Both parties sign on to skype and he teaches that way. Maybe this is also an option for you - anything to hold on to clients.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:01 pm

Annie I get it. I was out side quite a bit after work as we get warm days here and there.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh Yesterday at 1:55 am

Rig, it's interesting that people can still find plenty to do when they don't have to go to work.  

V, vote counted.  We now have an equal split.

Ontario, it's not just about holding onto clients but also about giving the kids some structure to their day and a sense of normality in a life that's suddenly been flipped on its head.  When I sat down to my piano last night it was a comfort and I realised they will be needing that too. This week was too tumultuous but I definitely want to get under way next week.

I typed a rundown of today's activities and then lost it, but suffice to say it wasn't very exciting. I also get the feeling I am in for a very long run of very similar days.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam Yesterday at 4:50 am

Good idea keeping track of how you are spending your days.  

I really like the comfort you felt just sitting at the piano and that it raised your intent to teach online. 

Go Annie Go.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Yesterday at 9:41 pm

Yes the days seem to run together sometimes, even with working. I’m so happy you can find comfort in your piano.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh Today at 4:52 am

So day two is drawing to a close.  All of NZ has the opportunity to fulfill Titus 2:5 by being "busy at home". So I learnt to use Zoom, and started scheduling my students so we can get back to work next week.  I washed the garden shed, which hasn't happened in living memory (or if it did I don't remember). I tied some plastic shelving onto an old wheelbarrow to create a mini glass house in which to winter over my kumara (sweet potato) seedlings. I ate chicken drumsticks for the third night in a row. Honey and soy this time.

I went for a walk.  The new subdivision round the corner has come to a grinding halt.  Thirty houses have been started, and none of them are finished. I wasn't a great fan of this project - noise, dust, traffic, people - but to see its abandoned state is sad.

NM, I may have some weaving to show you soon.  Off to play the piano.

My kumara house: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 9 Img_2100
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam Today at 6:57 am

It is great how various situations produce ingenious solutions!  Like your mini glass house.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum