Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Page 38 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Go down

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 38 Empty Re: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:48 pm

Happy belated birthday!

I too have a little bit of chicken envy. One of these days...
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 38 Empty Re: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Post by Annieh on Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:57 am

I didn't know chicken envy was a thing. Haha.

Threw my discs round the domain today, had fun with my dh. There is ample scope for improvement.

BFF took me out for enormous custard square, which kept me going for hours. Actually I got the sugar shakes eventually, which was a shame and reminds me why I don't have this sort of thing often. Twas nice at the time though.

B: Veges with slice of pork. Thin sliver of coconut cake.
L: Enormous custard square.
S: Two slices of cheese, and some peanut butter in attempt to rebalance blood sugar.
D: Lamb pilau with onion, cinnamon, dates, mint and sesame seeds.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:18 am

Glad you have come back to the tribe.  Have missed your voice.  

I forget the name of this exercise you used to do.  You would put one leg out straight and do a deep knee bend.  I saw someone do it on one of my camping vacations.  It was then I realized how difficult it truly was.  Hope you can get back to that.  What was that exercises name?  

My DS does not move his chicken coop.  They are truly safe in his especially considering the fox in the neighborhood.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:50 pm

Annieh wrote:I didn't know chicken envy was a thing.  Haha.

Oh, it's real! LOL! I, too, an envious of your chickens. Hubby and I have always wished for chickens but our city bylaws prevent them in residential neighbourhoods. I think it would be awesome to have chickens.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:16 pm

Thanks Pam. That was a pistol squat. I don't mind if I don't get back to those again, they were pretty challenging, and more than this 55yo probably needs. Cool though.

Ontario, awesome is not the adjective that springs to mind when chickens escape into the garden. They can wreak havoc in a very short time.

Spent my computer time studying disc golf. Maybe I have found something to fill the gap left by tap.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:57 pm

ah, pistol squat!
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:37 pm

B: Lamb morrocan pilau. Slice of coconut lemon cake.
L: Cottage cheese, sliced fresh pear, cinnamon.
D: Roast pork with apple sauce, green beans, cauli and pumpkin.
S: Chocolate.

There was something else, but I can't quite remember.

Gym workout #6.  I am feeling that I am back in the groove and now I can/need to push myself a bit harder to make the most of each session.  It's a cold day, but I am warm now.

Last edited by Annieh on Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:35 pm

I love reading that you are pushing yourself at the gym.

A good friend plays disc golf - she and her husband are renting out their home for a year and going on "tour" in a camper van with the idea of seeing a good bit of the US and trying to play as many disk golf courses as they can.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:14 am

Oh that sounds like a fun adventure, M2M. My dh has often talked of doing a golf one and I would be willing but not terribly excited. However, if we were to change it to disc golf I could get keen.

What can I learn in 15 (silent) hours?

I have booked in several more sessions of exam supervision. As I have mentioned, this is potentially the MOST boring job on earth. However, I am allowed to read a book myself, so if I were to come prepared, I could use the time productively. This is obviously not the time to take up drumming! Any suggestions?
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:33 am

Are you a puzzle person?  Sudoko, crossword, etc.  But books are best IMHO.  Then there is knitting, crocheting, needlepoint, etc.  

Good luck finding something you enjoy during these quiet times.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:40 am

How about taking some of your reed weaving. Make something while you sit. Of course the knitting or the like work too. Or your little rigid heddle loom. Scarves for Christmas gifts?

Have an amazing day
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:06 am

Pam, funny you should mention Sudoku.  I have just started doing them, and I think a puzzle book is a great idea - I can keep engrossed but not TOO engrossed.  

I think anything crafty would be just too distracting, but I thought of writing letters (or a book!).  Drawing would work, except that I can't draw.

NM, I won't take my loom to the exams, BUT I have just started warping up a new project on my table loom.  I have been putting it off for ever so long, but at last I found the motivation and inspiration.  I am getting excited again,

18 holes of disc golf today, that was fun. 3MW.

Last edited by Annieh on Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:50 am

Happy you found something you think you’d like to do
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:28 am

I have started weaving again.  It took me a couple of days to warp my loom. And just when I thought I was ready to weave, I found a broken spring.  This drove me to chocolate, at first.  But then I rang my Mum, and after she calmed me down I found a tool on my husband's desk and fixed it.  The actual weaving is the easy part.

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 38 Img_2082
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:48 am

Glad you could fix it.  It is a lovely piece of weaving.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:38 pm

Very pretty Annie. We sounds a lot a like. When there’s trouble, run for Chocolate. Smile

Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:06 pm

Oh that will be beautiful! Smile
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:39 am

Yep, it's almost done. The weaving is very straightforward compared to the warping.

Meanwhile, 19 holes of disc golf (including two more pars - hooray), and back to the gym for my 7th workout. I had missed three days in a row, but that made for a good workout today and I still fit three in the week. Feeling great after all that.

Food - mix of good and not so good.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:57 am

Wonderful report Annie.

Yes, wouldn’t it be wonderful if warping were as easy as the actual weaving?

Good going on the golf and gym WO. I need to get back to my push ups/squats.

Food is coming along for you, think of the positives.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:56 pm

Wish I could weave! Looks beautiful.
The Walrus
The Walrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:41 am

Well you could certainly learn, and you will end up with more patience than you had before.

Another gym workout, I got a little carried away and spent about an hour and a half! But I felt great afterwards.

Another 18 holes of disc golf. I am becoming addicted. I parred a couple of baskets, which was enough to cause my dh to skite about me to his friends.

Food has been much better today, probably because I was out of the house so much.
B: Bed of fresh silverbeet greens topped with chilli beef and grated cheese.
L: Two boiled eggs, two slices of bacon, apple rings (and another slice of cheese while I waited for it all to cook as I was so hungry after disc golf).
S: Pear.
D: will be something to do with chicken breast. And Veges.

Tonight I need to fix my new warp, whatever I did yesterday wasn't quite right. Weavers meeting is Thursday and I will go to show off my efforts.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:49 am

Great job on all the activities!
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:34 am

Thanks Pedi, I seem to have plenty of fun things going on in my life right now.

Back to the gym today. THis was my 9th workout and a bit shorter as I was pressed for time, but I still worked hard while I was there. It's making a difference already, I noticed the staircase up from the carpark to work was slightly less arduous than usual.

One thing I'm doing this time that i haven't before, is keeping a workout notebook. In it I write every exercise I do, including the weights, sets and repetitions, and sometimes a little note on whether it felt hard or easy etc.

The next thing, that I think is key. is to PLAN my next workout, straight away, even if it's not going to happen for a couple of days. The great thing is, all I have to do is get myself to the gym and the routine is already waiting for me just to do. The other great thing is, I progress faster. EVery single workout is a progression in some way on the previous one. Even if not in every single area. Well anyway, I think it's fun.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:14 am

Awesome job Annie!
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:34 am

Annie, I'd suggest you find a trainer or someone with good gym experience to help you set up a workout schedule. In my case, having my sons develop a workout routine for DW and me has been a real plus, to make sure we are working all the "body parts" and not overdoing any one area. Our routines are in groups, each group is a 3 week course of action and we only work one or two body parts at each workout, so things don't ever get stale.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum