Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Page 30 of 44 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 37 ... 44  Next

Go down

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 30 Empty Re: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:07 pm

Here - the farmers use "noise cannons" to scare them away (Geese). I love seeing them fly over, and hear their "honks".
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 30 Empty Re: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:16 pm

We have a creek near by so also get the flyovers with the honks. Love watching them fly in formation. Don’t bother us where I am, but can’t say others are as lucky.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:50 am

Beautiful in flight, nasty in person!
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:07 am

Today I tried a new activity.  It is called disc golf. Basically you take a frisbee down to the riverside and try to throw it into a chain metal basket instead of the river. Actually, nine chain metal baskets scattered all over the terrain. Much much easier said than done, but you get in a good walk around some beautiful obstacles (trees) and bring your heart rate up, while trying to figure out how to grasp your frisbee in a "power hold" and then hurl it "as if you were starting a lawnmower". Excellent core development project.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:33 am

Hope you like it. I was never good at the frisbee swing. Being outside with something like that to do is the best.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:25 am

I’ve watched other play frisbee (disc) golf, but never have tried myself, but I do like to toss a frisbee back and forth with another person. Have fun with it. Smile
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:35 pm

There is a disc golf course in the park near us, it always has a good number of people on it, seems to be a quite popular activity. Just be careful -- you can spend some serious money buying specialized discs -- drivers,etc to get special "carry" on your throws. Some of the people I see on the course have enough discs in their pack that they might as well be pulling around a set of golf clubs.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:33 pm

Ah, yesterday was the perfect refreshing bush walk.  It was hot and we started late and had four visitors with us, who turned out to be equally as appreciative as the Finnish girls I took a few weeks ago.  Our destination was the same waterfall that I took my girls to when we took a side track and ended up rock hopping down stream.  

This time, no mucking around.  Straight into the bush, down the hauler trail, to the river, a few hops upstream and we were there.  Then our new acquaintances stripped to their underwear and swam in the river with the eels.  Very uninhibited they were.  We played around for a while, and made our way back.  It was a much shorter day than usual, but plenty in the heat.  

Later, tap class.  My feet were a bit tired/sore but I can still kind of tap, and we have a new class member, so that was fun.

Yesterday I made a massive salad for a shared meal and forgot to put it out.  Tonight the three of us ate the lot, with a beautiful piece of porterhouse steak that I managed not to overcook.  Very primal dinner, after what has not been a very primal summer at all.

And woohoo, it rained in the night.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:04 am

Also, foraged fresh blackberries. YUUUUUM!
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:13 am

I started a couple of entries about swimming with eels. I have this issue with my computer cutting out some of my entries.

Eels are no big deal other than they seem slithery. haha
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:42 am

Indeed. Better you than me.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:44 am

perennialpam wrote:I started a couple of entries about swimming with eels.  I have this issue with my computer cutting out some of my entries.  

Eels are no big deal other than they seem slithery.  haha

I remember reading that earlier... it's in your journal:

PPam wrote:Annie -- I have swum with eels. In the Ocala National Forest, Florida, there is a rock surrounded pool. It has a sandy bottom, is spring-fed and drains into and connects with a river. Really cool place. It took some effort to actually jump in. The eels avoided people and usually swam around the perimeter. I sure would like to visit that area again.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:00 am

LB, I felt like I had already written it. Guess I decided not to take over Annie's journal and now have! haha
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:40 am

Sounds like a wonderful hike. And some pleasant visitors to have along.

Not sure I’d have the nerve to swim with eels, but to each his own.

You primal meal sounds most excellent.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:02 pm

Fresh foraged berries - what a treat!

The waterfall hike sounds like great fun.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:59 pm

Eels can bite! Best to throw in a rock to scare them away first, but these people didn't think of that till after they jumped in. I swam after them, I was nervous but I didn't see any eels (and I didn't take my clothes off, either, haha). Pam, that swimming spot sounds beautiful.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM on Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:55 pm

Sounds like a wonderful experience.
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:39 am

Rig, some adventures you want to be part of and some you don't, we all draw the line somewhere different. LB, you never miss a beat. Pam, take over my journal whenever you like. NM, one day you will be one of my visitors. M2M, yeah foraging, I must make a special trip with a container on hand to get some more blackberries. Shelley, thanks for dropping in to my journal Smile
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:22 am

Annie you are right, I’d love to visit that part of the world.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:19 am

I have been inactive in my journal  because of being supremely active IRL.  Here is a view from one of my favourite days of my recent holiday.  I think you will agree it was worth climbing 600m up 2200 stairs to eat lunch here, in sight of our tallest mountain if it hadn't been hidden by cloud.  On the way we met Brits, Americans, French, Aussies, among others, but we were the only kiwis.

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 30 Img_2059

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 30 Img_2060

Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:41 am

Beautiful views, Annie. Whereabouts was this?

Also, can you remind me/us whereabouts in NZ you are - please, roughly anyway, or not, if you prefer not to Smile
AutumnTiger
AutumnTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:22 am

This is called Sealy Tarns and is near Aoraki/Mt Cook in the Southern Alps.  Many of our places have both Maori and European names.  It's a few hours' drive from Christchurch - biggest city in the South Island, although damaged by earthquakes eight years ago and still rebuilding.

I live in the North Island, it is 14 years since we were last in the South.

Any more questions? I love talking about my country.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:07 am

Lovely views you had. Glad you keep on hiking in the bush.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:15 am

Annie this is gorgeous. Hearing that you climbed 2200 steps had my quads hurting just sitting here. Good on you that you could do that!

I really need to go and learn more about NZ. Hearing where you are, means nothing since I don’t know my geography. Didn’t have a good class in that growing up, must increase my learning.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:07 pm

Here is a nice simple outline. Unfortunately its main purpose is to show the huge fault line through the middle, but AT should try not to think about that:

http://hydrodictyon.eeb.uconn.edu/projects/cicada/NZ/nzoutlinemap.html

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 30 Nzoutlinemap
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 44 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 37 ... 44  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum