Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Re: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:39 pm

Yes looms can multiply. You have to be very very careful. Smile

Well you should not have to retread the loom and that’s huge. Just unwind and rewinds with better/equal tension.

Food sounds good
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:34 pm

Thanks for your understanding, NM. Yes that is what I have done and now I am hopeful of a good product.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:43 am

I can’t wait to see what you make Annie. Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:42 am

I might have dropped a couple of pounds already.

Day Four:
B: Beef stirfry on silverbeet.  A stick of celery from the garden when I wandered around this morning.

L: "Orange soup" - don't know all the ingredients in this, based on pumpkin and carrot. Slice of cheese.

S (as lunch was small): Chocolate pancakes, peanut butter.

D: Curry beef casserole (onion, carrot, jicama, tomato paste, curry powder, cornflour to thicken).  Roast kumara slices.  Green beans from my father-in-law's vege patch.

Finishing the warp that came with my new loom:

My latest scarf:
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:10 am

Sounds like some good eats. Happy to hear you’ve probably dropped a few. I’m sure with all the water coming out of me, I have as well.

Both weaving look beautiful. Some nice additions to your scarf collection.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:34 am

Scarves are beautiful.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:51 am

Good to read you are still going for your loom.  Sounds like fun and a calm endeavor.  

Your scarves are very nice indeedy.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:45 pm

I woke up hungry.  This is a good thing, I think.  Motivating to keep on with wholesome primal eating today.  Unfortunately, my dd also woke up hungry and she woke up first.  Most of my breakfast was gone by the time I got to the fridge.

Day Five

B: Stalk of celery and bunch of  parsley plucked from my garden on my morning walkaround.  Measly spoonful of beef casserole poured over a silverbeet leaf.  Obviously I will be back soon for Second Breakfast just like Frodo.

2ndB: Chocolate pancakes with butter.

L: Cheesy spring veges ( leek, asparagus, cauliflower) with pepper. Apple and peanut butter.

S: A few raisins. Feeling low in energy, I know I'm not eating enough, which is ok, as I have energy to burn, but need to find some carb-free alternatives.

D: Butter chicken (garlic, spices, yoghurt, tomato paste, coconut cream), green beans, white rice (falling off the primal wagon already).

Last edited by Annieh on Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:30 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Add lunch. Add dinner.)
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:48 pm

Beautiful scarves!
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:00 pm

Sorry your breakfast got snatched up Annie.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:03 pm

Hah! Yes, first up best fed round here.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Day Six

B: Two fried eggs.

L: A series of nibbles, really. Raisins. Peanut Butter. Cheese. Apple with cottage cheese.

S: Ricies and banana with milk, coconut cream and cinnamon. Lindt orange chocolate bar. Peanuts.

D: Marinated steak, oven baked chips, steamed carrots and minted peas.

Could do better.

Last edited by Annieh on Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:30 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Add food.)
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:13 am

I’ve had days like that Annie, where it’s just nibbles here and there. You’ve got this
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:58 am

Woah, bloated tummy.  I really shouldn't text while driving on windy roads, I made myself carsick and it is taking me a while to recover.  

We had a lovely tramp, there has been fresh snow which we were not really expecting this time of year, and we have lost fitness so it was a bit shorter than usual.  It was less peaceful than usual as two blokes with chainsaws were cutting tracks in the wilderness, the sound carried up all the valleys.  We have no idea why they were making inroads on a completely new piece of bush, and when we reported it at the visitor centre the staff were also unaware of this activity, which is concerning.  

Anyway, we hiked up, hung out at the lodge for a hot cup of tea, the cloud closed in and we hiked down again.  About five hours for the day, mostly not too arduous.

While my friend drove us home, I responded to a text and then wished I hadn't.  DH cooked dinner, he wouldn't have got it on time otherwise.  It was very tasty.

Day Seven:

B: Chocolate Pancakes

Hiking snacks: Banana, pear, carrots and peanut butter, scroggin, cheese.

D: Honey mustard chicken drumsticks, roast pumpkin, spiced cauliflower with lime.

Last edited by Annieh on Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:31 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : counting days)
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:18 am

Hope you feel better quickly.  The trip sounds great.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:30 am

There are many things I cannot do in a moving vehicle.  Makes me sick.  Bloated tummy?  Do you know why?

Hope you feel better soon.  

And, a 5 hour tramp does not sound like a slack on your fitness....much longer than most people accomplish.  So glad you have a companion to do so.  

I agree, it is hard to hear chain saws going and to find out the visitor centre did not know what was going on is worrisome. Hopefully they contacted someone to check it out.  Once cut...gone.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:59 am

Annie I hope you are feeling better today.

Like the others I’d consider that 5 hour hike fantastic and great endurance.

So sorry about the chainsaws. Hopefully they figured it out.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:59 pm

Yes, it was a good hike, out for five hours and had a nice time.  But we did not cover nearly as much ground as usual, and our rests were more frequent and longer.  Doesn't matter, hopefully we can build up again.  Tummy settled down again, it was just carsickness, I am a real wimp with that.  I was bad as a child, improved somewhat when I learnt to drive, but upon getting pregnant became worse again, and am as bad as ever now.  

Day Eight

B: Vege Omelette (butter, leek, silverbeet, carrots, peas, two eggs, milk, salt, pepper, parsley and grated cheese). 'Twas almost more than I could manage.

It lasted till mid afternoon.

S: Hot chocolate while taking my DD out to celebrate her dance exam.  Then a vegan lemon pistachio bar which was yummy.  Now waiting for my bacon and apple to cook, but the bar is kicking in and I have stopped feeling hungry.  

L: Grilled bacon and apple slices.

One week of pretty straightforward eating.  More fruit and less veges than what I would think is ideal, but starting to enjoy that "lighter" feeling that comes with staying gluten free.  

D: Curried Sausage casserole with kumara, apple and sultanas.  My dh made this, there will be some oil, and the sausages wouldn't have been gluten free (spoke to soon). Served on rice.

My primal habits are tentatively returning.  I turned down a chocolate biscuit tonight, they were my former favourites too!

S: Dark Ghana chocolate.

Actually, I've realised that was day eight, I'm into my second week.  That came round quick.

Last edited by Annieh on Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:47 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Add meal. Amend day tally.)
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:50 pm

Glad you’re feeling better.

Your breakfast looks delish!
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:21 pm

Day Nine

B: Grilled pear slices and bacon. Cheese slices.

L: One enormous savoury muffin, with butter.  So much for day nine.  Rather than counting again from 1, I'll decide to call this my 20%.

S: Dates and peanut butter.

D: Roast pork with crackling, pumpkin, carrots, green beans and gravy.

PS My meat is coming!  Angus beef, he was alive and well yesterday, today getting made into steaks for me!!
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:16 pm

Annie your days doesn’t sound so bad. Beef sounds delish.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:00 pm

Let's see if I can remember what came next, counting back from today:

Sunday:

B: Chow mein (onion, carrot, beef mince, cabbage and a honey soy flavour sachet, cooked in canola, unfortunately). A banana.

L: Pork chipotle from the food court - Rice, beans, salad, meat cheese and corn chips.

S: Dark chocolate

D: Roast vegetables (kumara, broccoli, cauli carrot, onion) with salami and sour cream.

S: More dark chocolate

Saturday:

B: Three slices Vogels toast with butter and honey

L: Lamb rogan josh with rice and naan bread

D: Hot chocolate and a chocolate fish.

S:  Mandarin.  

Friday:

B: possibly was vegetable omelette

L: Roast pork, gravy, lettuce leaf

D: Stir fry onion, chicken and mixed veges with basil and parmesan pesto.

Thursday: I don't recall.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:59 am

Wow great memory!

Happy to hear you are being conscious of what you are eating. That’s always a good step. Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:34 pm

Yes, it is key to keeping on top of things.  We are away at the moment, so have to do with what is possible in the time and facilities available, but hasn't been too bad overall. My eldest DD is eating vegan at the moment, it is very limiting.  The food court was a great option as there was something to appeal to us all, as was the Indian place.  There is ability to cook here but we have been busy so it had to be super quick and something I could leave meat and dairy out of.  Pretty challenging for me as I usually start there and build the meal around the meat. Also, canola was the only fat available. Eating out has made me very thirsty. I usually add what I think is quite a bit of salt to my meals, but it must still be a lot less than what is in commercial food or that flavour sachet I used the other night.

We have seen 52 tap dancers perform twice each, plus the 12 semi finalists and six finalists perform again.  It was amazing, but also draining.  I caught only a few pianists in their section, wow those young people have spent hours and hours on their instrument.  fRom the sound they get out of it I could hardly believe they only own two hands!  Beautiful.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:16 pm

Sounds like a good time Annie!
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content