Perennially Yours

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

Perennially Yours - Page 40 Empty Re: Perennially Yours

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Hopefully the snake will take care of the clog and the problem will be solved. Def better than needing a whole new system. Smile
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:45 am

The previous entry indicated that the snake did take care of the clog but that "roots" were found. And the found roots were in the middle of my basement floor.

Am waiting for one of the plumbing companies I originally contacted who gave me the name of the plumber who snaked the drain. I will need to contact more than one company as I do not know what I do not know.

While I can continue to use my fixtures I feel I cannot let this go until spring. Am wondering what I'll need to do. One problem of making all the decisions in one's life.

Today is my earlobe fixes. If I am lucky things will go smoothly and I'll still be able to meet up with my group of friends for Second Tuesday Meetup. These are the Lake Huron women.

I pulled out my lawnmower yesterday to allow easy access to the plumbing line. Woke up in the night to snow. Apparently we got 2 inches. Poor lawnmower. I should have put it back away. Wasn't thinking properly.

Since my DGDog's dad had yesterday off I did not take her for a walk. Hope to fit that in today but it remains to be seen (felt) how I'll feel following this outpatient surgery. And, will they actually proceed with the BP issue that caused them concern way back when. I have only been on the new meds less than 2 weeks so I doubt they have had much impact. Who knows? I'll find out today.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:24 am

Hmm, to me a clog would just mean a bunch of stuff plugging the pipe, should be "good as new" when plumber uses a power snake on it. Hopefully you won't be replacing pipe. We have a large tree whose roots keep getting into our sewer line, and no matter what, we have to have a plumber out every couple of years to auger through them and get the sewer line cleared.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:27 am

Pam I apologize, I must not have read your post correctly. Sometimes they can line the pipe with PVC and it stop the issue. This is what our plumber told us at the old house, as many trees and roots were getting into the old type pipe. Crossing fingers.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Pam I apologize, I must not have read your post correctly.  Sometimes they can line the pipe with PVC and it stop the issue.  This is what our plumber told us at the old house, as many trees and roots were getting into the old type pipe.  Crossing fingers.

Yes, we have a patient who has a business doing this. It's a very successful fix should you need it.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:12 pm

Thanks for the info NM and the follow-up Ont.  I will ask about that tomorrow when the first company comes to discuss what needs doing.  

I need to do some research and find other companies for ideas on what needs doing and estimates.  

~~Today was ear lobe day and until about 1/2 hour ago I would have said my ears did not hurt.  They are bothering me presently so I took and Advil.  Not the Tylenol 600 or whatever it was the surgeon prescribed.  I have an entire bottle of them and I  hate having them around.  Mainly because I'll forget I have them and if someone got into them I would not realize or perhaps even remember I have them.  It is too bad that so much medicine is prescribed.

And, today right before the operation, my BP was 124/67! Yea. I started the higher dose BP meds on the 5th/6th, so not that long.

Can't wait to tell my family dr. this Friday.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:45 am

Feeling better as a plumber is on his way. Hopefully he can take care of the "leak" I have going on now down the pipe. The way the snake plumber worked really pulled on that pipe and I noticed some movement while he was doing it. The actual closure for that main pipe access does not fit properly but had never given me a problem in the 11 years since it was used. It is now wet. Thank God I had some kitty litter to use for the spill. It is unnerving to say the least.

I had to take my riding lawn mower out of the area in the basement where I normally store it. It has been outside since this all started. I left it out to help access when something happens down there. with the forecast of sleet and 3-4" of snow today I decided to drive it up the hill to my backyard to store and cover for the winter.

Then I decided to get out the extension cord for the lighted wreath I put up to have some color. I got these two items taken care of post haste and just beat the sleet. Then I decided to cover the windshield on my vehicle thereby making an escape from home a reality.

A good friend told me that her man has decided not to go through another surgery to fix the battery in his fibrillatar. Meaning he is expecting to die when it gives out. Oh dear for them.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:54 pm

The wet, heavy, snow keeps coming. Glad I covered the car. No shoveling for me. I was worried this would happen. 10 lb. limit until 11-29 and I'm sticking to it.

The plumber needs items moved in the basement prior to work. Whole new line from the outlet to the septic tank. Cement to be broken up about 2 feet wide. Things need moving. Have done what I could. Bigger items they will move but we won't know what until they know the angle of the pipe.

Could start in 2 weeks if I agree. They gave me the option of just checking where the issues appeared to be when the snake guy was here. He would have to come back and do a camera for them. Another $175 or more I suppose.

Treading water -- money wise. Have it, don't want to spend it.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:50 pm

Be careful pulling the cover off the car, as it could weigh more than you think.

I saw something on HGTV where they put a line down and were able to line a pipe with some sort of new material to stop the leaks but did not have to dig up cement.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:51 pm

Pam - happy to hear you did get things covered before the storm hit. So sorry that it has. Not fun.

Sounds like you have your plumbing figured out, but not a fun expenditure at all.

Thinking of your friends. I certainly know how that feels when your loved one says no more.

Hugs
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:37 pm

Gosh, I can't imagine the friend's hubby not going for another surgery to prolong his life. It would be a very difficult decision to make and I wonder if there extenuating circumstances.

It is too bad the battery can't be replaced without added surgery, like our fictitious friend Ironman.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:10 pm

Catching up on your posts! Any way we can cut worries..... Glad your result were officially benign. Yay!!!!
Also, glad that the septic clog issue is fixable and less costly as it turns out. The idea of lining a pipe sounds excellent. Tree roots are a chronic problem. Am considering this, too.
Heuristicfireflower
Heuristicfireflower

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:25 am

Re: Fibrillator, yes there are other issues. He has some sort of lung problems and is on oxygen all the time.

Septic solution: still undecided. They want to dig the cement out and provide a new line. Now I am getting confused as to their reason. Still need a 2nd opinion.

I will be taking off the vehicle cover today. Prior I'll warm up the vehicle if is seems heavy at all. It is easy to forget the poundage limit. The plumber needs items moved in the basement prior to the cement deconstruction so I moved what I could. I left what I decided was too heavy and may lean on my sons for help with that although the plumbers are happy to help.

The problem for me is visualizing how the line runs through the basement. Will it be a straight line outside or veer toward where the tank is. If it veers I have deck steps and other worries.

Today is lunch with the h.s. friends after a quick dr. appointment follow-up about the BP. At least I hope it is quick.

Monday is surgery follow-up day. Panty liners continue but not for incontinence.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:46 pm

Pam a busy day for you. Hoping all Dr. follow ups go well and everything is good in all departments.

So sorry about the floor business. Def call on your DS for help.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:54 am

Have not made any progress on the drain issue. I have written down some questions to ask the company that gave an estimate but have lagged in looking for another plumber's opinion.

Breakfast with the hikers today and then a quick duty stop for mom. She needs groceries, bills paid and $.

Working The Moth on Tuesday; theme "fear".

Monday is the follow-up for the hysterectomy surgery.

Tuesday is a follow-up for the earlobe fix, stiches removal.

Am hoping to go shopping with my DS for the turkey and misc needs today, if not tomorrow. I am sure he wants a 25 lb turkey but refrigerator thawing for that poundage says at least 6 days. We are already behind schedule with that. I'll suggest a cold water bath to start the process with finishing up in the refrigerator.

Anyone up on these "contactless credit cards"? My new Cabelas/Bass Pro Shop card arrived yesterday and I am not too keen on this. Does anyone have experience with these? I may begin looking for another card.

Not such a great time of the year to receive a new card.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:32 pm

Sounds like you have a busy week planned.!

I am a fan of the cold water bath for a hawing things.
Vh67
Vh67

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:53 am

Vh67 I agree.  Trusting my DS to do it properly is difficult.  He ended up buying the turkey and has it in the frig and it is smaller than I thought he would purchase.  Fingers crossed.  

I have been trying to find senior-type items for my mom.  The bag under her walker needs replacing and if I could take it for a bit I could make one.  However, that is how she takes along items she needs daily; glasses, her purse, etc.  

She needs a new seat for her senior toilet; one of the hikers has one that her DH cannot use and offered it to me yesterday.  It would replace the entire set up mom already has.  I will need to try it at home to make sure it will be safe; friend says it is safe.  

Then I had purchased one of those over the shower head metal items to hold her shampoo, etc.  Turns out she got someone to take the original one off the senior railing again and I was able to install that one again.  

And then there was the frying pan issue.  We bought her one and she decided later it was too heavy and it was taken back.  I found a small, lighter, used one where I also had found the shower item (2nd hand).  Now I am uncertain if I should give the frying pan to her.  Will she remember how to use or, worse, leave it unattended.  I am thinking I need to take that back.  

Mom complained yesterday that I did not spend enough time with her.  She had told me that she wanted to attend a birthday party at the home at 1 p.m. and not to bring lunch like I did last week.  She needed money and I needed to write a couple of checks for her.  After my wallet being stolen issue we had decided to leave her ATM card at her house.  That meant that I had to go to her place to get the card.  While I got her money I went inside to speak with the administrator and found out that her ATM card is much like mine, it can only be used to get money.  Therefore could not be used as a credit card which is what occurred with hers when my wallet was stolen.  Great news for me so I can stop and get her $ on my way to her place now.  While I was in that part of town, dodging football day traffic, I also stopped at a hardware store to replace the thingy that seems to have gotten damaged by the Snake Plumber. So when I got back to her apartment it was already 1 p.m. She had to go and so did I.

I have been dreading the holidays which is normal for me.  Add to the hectic pace I just now remembered that she will want me to shop for her great grandchildren.  I happened to purchase a toy a piece on Sat to be from me and also for something new for them to play with when they come for a visit on the 30th of Dec.  I would still like to purchase some clothing so I need to find out their sizes...pronto.  

Having a light snow right now.  Rain was predicted.  Do not know if that will change.  Hope not as I can get out if need be.  Not into ice driving yet.  

The UM football team managed a win yesterday...barely.  And OH State pulled out a win too.  The OH State game was a real thriller.  

Can't wait to roll a snowman, sled and shovel snow.  11 days away, if the dr. says okay on Monday.  Hope to be accepting of more limits.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:27 am

Pam you were quite busy yesterday. Good for you getting all that accomplished. I hope you will rest today though.

I love hearing of you sledding. So wish I could go do that, so much fun.

Have a wonderful day
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:49 am

Very full and busy day yesterday. If all is well at the visit you should get some lessening of restrictions, but that does not mean you should jump right into things the first day. Please ease back into things.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:18 am

Purchased a drain stop Saturday and put off until last night to install. Used Vaseltine which I thought would help with the closure. I do that with my water softener filtration cartridge (when I remember to change it that is).

I took a shower and late last night I could not stand it any longer and went outside and into the basement to see if there were any leaks. Nope. I do not understand why the snake plumber did not install it correctly when leaving.

I am considering waiting to do anything with the drain pipe until spring if possible. When you do not have a "good" feeling about the process it is best to get enough opinions to make the best decision possible. That will give me time to seek opinions in a non-urgent way.

The guy who holds our gifts for the 12 Days of Christmas lives alone and keeps our "secret" plus handing out our gifts to us. That means 5 women dropping off and picking up gifts. I instituted a 12 Days of gifts for him some time back. I need to finish up my gifts and deliver to him under the dark of night. We used to deliver to our person that way and I miss it.

My youngest bagged two deer; doe and small buck last weekend. He will have plenty of meat to butcher and share. He gets to go north with his BFF and my other son was not invited this year. I had volunteered to take care of my DGdog. My oldest may get to go this weekend.

Been looking at forecasts in order to make a drive over to Lake MI. Of course, Thursday is the day for sunshine. Sad I drive there and back the same day.

Not sure I will winter camp this year.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:24 am

Pam - you can have the "contactless" option turned off on your card. We've had those cards for years now in Canada. If you have the option turned off then you can just swipe or insert the chip to pay. However, most of the contactless card accounts include two security features:

1. You can not "tap" (contactless payment) for anything over $100
2. You can only "tap" for so many transactions until the card will be forced to be inserted with a PIN

My experience with most banks and credit card companies are that they are very helpful and quick in not only finding illegal card activity before you would, but also that they will refund or remove any fraudulent charges from your account.

In short, I would not be at all concerned about that sort of card.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:28 pm

So many choices and decisions; my head spins keeping up - I have no idea how you do it.

Holding off on something that makes you feel uncertain sounds like a good plan to me. And its definitely the best idea to get more than one opinion. Unless all the opinions are completely contradictory then you should get a better understanding of the core issue. Its easy to get side-tracked by other issues / possibilities.

I can understand it would be disappointing not to get a winter camp, but think of this year as getting the rest, recuperation and healing that you need in order to be able to make many more winter camps.
I certainly admire your approach to winter camping. I am a fair weather camper at best and even with that the novelty is starting to wear a bit thin!
AutumnTiger
AutumnTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:28 pm

Yum venison. Good for your DS. I know you will all enjoy that meat.

Yes if you are not comfortable about the drain fix, definitely wait until spring and get other opinions.

I know you’ll miss your winter camp this year, but as AT said it’s a recouping year for many more to come.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:10 am

ON -- thanks for putting my mind at ease and that I could have control over this contactless option. Something to investigate for sure.

AT - just trying to fit it in seems to be the issue (winter camp). I get such relaxation and "forest", seaside comfort from being there besides the exercise to set up camp. In the winter it is totally different. And, due to less daylight, more sleep. The trick is purchasing good long underwear and clothing.

NM - thanks for your input; always appreciated.

Just received a call from the plumber that had given me a quote and got answers to many of the questions that came to me After they left. Happens to us introverts often (at least me). He agreed that I could wait until spring and even said, sure go ahead with other quotes. He said he'd rather do it in the spring anyway. Me too as that will give me time to "find the joy" in items down there. haha

Looks like I'll need to sweep the snow off the steps again. I seem to be able to handle what we have been given as far as depth and not overdo. I do not even try the driveway.

Follow-up with surgeon went well. I am a free bird come 10 more days in view of lb. lifting and other activities. Meaning, if I wanted I could go winter camping. I will think about that come January/February. Please note that I do follow the forecast and try going only when the temp's lowest is high 20s if possible. Hate freezing nose hairs.

Get the stitches removed from my earlobes today. March I'll find a piercer and I'll be a happy camper.

The Moth tonight and I work it. Fear is the theme.

Will probably try grocery shopping today while in town and if I forget something or it is out of stock I'll have tomorrow to get. At least that is the plan.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who come here.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:32 am

Sounds like great reports all around. Very happy for you Pam!

GL with your shopping, it may be crowded. Smile
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum