Perennially Yours

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Re: Perennially Yours

Post by perennialpam on Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:16 pm

Thank you, once again, Rig. Both programs are installed. And I purchased McAfee. There is a way to stop the automatic renewal and/or change the date they'll reup. FYI Go you My Account.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:37 pm

Still dealing with recuperation.  While staying at home for 2 weeks had me believing I was further along than I am, by taking naps and easy it is workable.  

Got the dark laundry done today.  Could have accomplished the light but was concerned about the poundage.  

I need to buy myself some "mints".  I used to chew sugar-free gum but stopped with "sugarfree" quite a while back.  

Today is my DGDog's birthday; she is either 9 or 10.  My DS put up a celebratory photo which served as a reminder.  Guess tomorrow will be my 1st walk with her.  We'll go to the State Park where hunting is not allowed.  Longer walk if possible.  

Back on CPap.  Took a couple of days off and I know once I begin that routine....I just stop.  I was hoping it would help with longer sleeps.  I had been fairly committed since the physical and unexpected BP increase.  It remains high but not as high as the initial surprise.  Still, Doctor supposedly sent in a prescription but it was not at the pharmacy today.  Oops.  She'll fix that tomorrow.  A higher dose and I do not even know its' name.  

My BFF that I had lunch with said she recently had high BP and it took a year to lower.  It came down but not as low as it had previously been.  In that regard, if mine just slowly went down without the use of meds, I'd like that.  Today I read an article discussing BP and brain connectivity issues.  Good to control BP to keep the connectivity going.  Time magazine article from this summer.  I take it to mean that even meds are better than nothing.  Need to research this.

Have a good week.

Last edited by perennialpam on Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:44 pm

Happy to hear you are taking things slowly. That’s a good plan.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:03 am

Spent last evening at The Moth.  And, wow, such great stories around the theme:  Distance.  For the first time I saw higher voting; a 9.9 for one speaker and 30 points for the winner.  The majority of the stories were excellent.

I met a woman who showed up early like I do when I do not volunteer.  Initially we had little to say but when she asked to sit next to me the flood gates opened and we shared some common personal stories.  She drove 2 hrs to come and went back home too.  Wow.  She said she'll be looking for me her next visit.  

Finally made a list like Pedi does and started crossing items off.  Took the DGDog for a walk even though it was raining at my house I had decided to use an umbrella if need be and just do it.  Then as I drove toward my son's the sky showed sunshine with threatening clouds; then no rain at his house.  Instead of driving to the State Park for her walk I decided to walk in her neighborhood and we managed a nice walk and no rain.  

Started on a higher dose BP medication yesterday after 2 failed attempts to pick it up at the pharmacy.  My dr. office sent the script to a pharmacy I believe I was used when I had my first surgery back almost 3 years back.  Since then a script has been sent there one other time.  I sure hope they get this fixed so I do not have to kept getting in touch with the dr. office again.  

Have been getting numerous questions about the hyster and whether my tubes were taken.  I assumed so but now I am not so sure.  The reason for their question is about taking hormones.  I will cover this during the following a week from Friday.  Still feeling good even though I tire doing simple things.  

Saw some disturbing news about things in my favorite city.  A young man committed suicide on the beach I walk twice daily while in Manistee.  He used some chemical that you mix with water.  HazMat team worked at the beach and his house (he lived with his mom) where more of the chemical was found but it was in a sealed container.  I tried to find the article I read about it the next day but failed.  

Then I read that loads of construction debris has turned up in the Sleeping Bear National Park.  Good grief is it really so expensive to properly dispose of it?  Much like country roads where things turn up.  A few years back I discovered a huge pile of debris at the entrance to my local favorite, The Pines.  I was happy to see it was taken care of the next day.  I called the authorities and probably others did too.  

And worse news is that a man, in dark clothing at a bad time of day, tried crossing a busy highway that I travel each time I go north to Manistee, in Ludington.  He was apparently 100' away from a crossing zone.  Why do people fail to use the zones I'll never understand...it happens all over the place.  

Need to starting wrapping my 12 Days of Christmas gifts instead of procrastinating.  It is on my To Do List.  Just not in the mood.  

Have a great day.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:21 am

Just found an article online re: the suicide.

Sodium azide is odorless and not dangerous alone, but becomes a deadly gas when mixed with water (hydrogen and oxygen), according to Tim Kozal, director of Manistee Department of Public Safety.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:18 am

...a man, in dark clothing at a bad time of day, tried crossing a busy highway that I travel each time I go north to Manistee, in Ludington. He was apparently 100' away from a crossing zone.
?Darwin award candidate?
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:30 pm

Rig D wrote:
...a man, in dark clothing at a bad time of day, tried crossing a busy highway that I travel each time I go north to Manistee, in Ludington.  He was apparently 100' away from a crossing zone.
?Darwin award candidate?

HAHA! I hate to find the humor in tragedies such as this - but seriously.......... survival of the fittest is real thing. That being said - I think the human race just keeps pumping out brainless people.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:12 pm

Sounds like a great time at the moth.

So sorry about the 2 incidents in your fav place.

Happy to hear you had a nice walk with DGdog
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:20 pm

To Do List is working.  Dog walk #3 today.  About 2 miles in length.  Down a road near my house that heads toward a State Park but is blocked off.  This road used to go all the way but was closed down years back.  Never knew or understood why as I loved taking that road on a hot summer day (canopy cover) or winter snow.  

DGDog got a pedicure today too.  Unfortunately she got anxious to get into my vehicle...the new car.  The back opens slowly and she pounced in hitting her head really hard on the door.  She remembered too (as did I) and really did not want to get in the vehicle after her nail clippings and hike.  She did listen and follow my commands to sit and stay though.  

Brought more of the 12 Days of Christmas gifts downstairs today.  Now I need to organize and then wrap.  I make a decision on which day my person will open a specific gift since we do number them.  

Have decided to attend the h.s. womens' lunch a week from Friday.  My follow-up appointment from surgery was to be that day but was rescheduled meaning I did not have to busy myself a long time between those 2 items.  I have been hanging back from the h.s. group since there are a huge number of people now attending and many of them I do not know.  We opened the group up many years back but our popularity has grown as it seems we are the only female group from h.s. that does this.  This year marked 52 years since we graduated.  

Mom keeps calling asking how I am doing.  I think she finally got the message that I am fine.  No need to keep asking.  The only news she provides is about all the people dying there.  5 in the last week.  It must be awful to be old and so close to the end of your own life.  Remember she lost her best friend from the home in September.  

I slept 6.5 hours last night but I was up by 4a.m.  Yes, I can barely keep my eyes open in the evening especially with the time change.  I honestly can't blame it on the time change.  Darkness does not help though with staying up later.  I can do The Moth which means I do not get home until 10:30.  It is something more engaging than tv.

Have a good evening.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:03 pm

Really glad to read that you are feeling fine. Tiring easily is normal after surgery - your body is healing from the invasion. Take care!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 am

Well, surprise, surprise. When I looked out my back window...snowing. It has been snowing so long and heavy that I've swept off my steps twice.

I only swept them because I had someone over to look into my tub draining slowly. Not good news. I need to get a plumber that snakes drains to determine if there is a clog in the drain. The plumber who came let me know that perhaps it is a septic system failure. Once I get the name of someone who can snake the septic drain I'll have a better of idea of forward action. It would be no surprise if I needed to get a new septic system. I have lived in this house 46 years and not been a good steward. I thought since it was just me that things would be okay. Now I find that perhaps not because there may not have been enough bacteria in the tank to take care of things.

Good thing I discovered this now prior to the ground freezing.

Life.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:50 pm

I finally got through to the surgeon who had sent me a message on the health portal. However, when my own dr. sends messages I go one place and did not know about the need to Click on Hospital messages. Did not even notice it.

The Good News is that the pathology report said the items removed are benign! I thought I said that here but am unsure. I could have known this news since right after the surgery. Oh well.
Wasn't that worried...but still wanted an affirmative in that regard.

It quit snowing. Tonight it is to begin again. don't' know if I'll drive into town tomorrow -- my first drive in snow covered highways with the new vehicle. Unsure if I should.

Took the dog for a 40 minute walk. She was tired and even her dad mentioned she was tired. haha She runs much further than I walk...running ahead and back to me quite often.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:14 pm

Snow - yuck! Good news on pathology.  Hoping for the best with the septic tank.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:04 am

Snow on the ground again this morning.  Funny how when it is totally dark outside the snow illuminates quite nicely.  

Going to breakfast with the hikers today.  One of the women has her only son (lost one to suicide a 2 years back) and his wife who were awakened in the middle of the night to evacuate.  They live in CA near the fire and the mass shooting. They were only able to grab a few things.  My friend is beside herself with worry about losing this son.  And, not to mention, her son losing his home.  

The restaurant we go to provides a library and I will be taking back all the books I have accumulated for reading during recuperation.  Had one book I felt was a keeper until I got to a next chapter and it went off the rails.  At first it was talking about a spiritual, healing center and then got into Catholic priests and their sexual issues.  Not my cup of tea.  

Will visit mom following breakfast, after her exercise group.  I have thought about taking lunch to her and may do so.  I will phone her this morning to find out what grocery needs she may have.  

Took the DGDog for a longer walk yesterday.  My calves are feeling it today.  So out of shape....very interesting for that to happen.  Beach walks are much longer than the DGDog walks. I had been considering a drive to Lake MI and kept watching the sun/wind/rain forecast and decided against it.  I have looked at the 10 day forecast and there are openings coming up...  Will see if I feel up to it then.  

Have been having trouble with my CPap machine.  It puts out too much humidity and I awake with a wet nose and sometimes the water coming out of the nose pad (called a pillow, ain't that ridiculous?).  I adjusted it last night and it was much better.  Hoping I figured that out.  Need to order more supplies which I hate because they send you so many items and tend to call and call when they think you are ready for more.  Pushing it in IHO.  When I call I get put on hold for an exorbitant amount of time.

Still liking my new (used) vehicle.  Serves my purpose well.

Have a good weekend, all.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:24 am

Pam excellent news report about the cytology for your surgery. Don’t recall seeing it posted here.

Yes, you will be tired for a while. Unfortuately while you may feel good on the outside, the inside is still mending.

Happy to hear you still are liking your new to you vehicle. Hopefully it will perform well in the snow to your liking.

Hoping you can get to the lake, even for a smallish walk. Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:35 am

Great news on the lab work. I'm sure it is a big relief
Weather is partly sunny here, but we are quite cold, lows around 20.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:19 pm

I am so happy to hear about your cytology results!!

NM is right you are still healing inside. Hopefully you are getting plenty protein to help the healing along!

The fires in Ca are heart breaking. The one up north is near where I grew up. I feel sick every time I read about it.
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:51 am

Val - thanks for stopping by.  

My hiking friend's CA son was able to go to his property yesterday.  Devastation all around and I wonder how that makes someone feel besides shock.  However, the fire is not contained yet so who knows what the winds will bring.  

Even though I am now faithfully using my CPap, I still find myself taking a nap or a real sleep during the day or early evening.  Does that count with my total sleep?  I can still sleep about/almost 6 hrs straight through the night.  My clock wakes me up at 4 or 4:30 though.  Bummer to be up so early.  

It has been settled and Thanksgiving will be at my oldest DS's house again this year.  I asked him since he has only 2-3 steps into his house making it doable for my mom.  He said yes right away.  My other son also responded yesterday so we will celebrate together watching some football, playing a game or 2 and perhaps playing with my sea/beach glass and Dremel.  That seemed to get the attention of the females last year but the Dremel broke fairly early in our crafting.  There is always cutting snowflakes; one of my favorite pass times although I am always in charge of the folding.  My hands get so dry from that.  However, anything to capture attention and not get bored.  

Today the septic pumping will occur.  I will probably also find out if I need a new field.  This house was built in 1952 as a cottage.  What I have no idea of is if the system was officially installed and overseen by the County.

Hope to get in a hike with the DGDog some time today.  Really depends upon the above.  Was shocked that my little longer walk on Friday reminded me that I have calves.  How quickly one gets out of shape.

I will also visit the laundromat.  Taking only one load at a time.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:21 am

Sincerely hope you don't need to replace the whole septic system field, that would be a terribly expensive project, not to mention tearing up your yard.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:57 am

RigD -- I know. What I do not know is the cost. I believe I need a system that needs to pump to an area. Thank God I have an area in mind and hopefully it will work there. I am worried about all my White Pines that I have planted over the years not to mention my perennials.

It is not like I have been a good steward of this system. My idea that I am just one person was totally wrong.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:38 am

As a youngster in the Fl Panhandle, we had a septic system and what I most remember is how dense, green, and fast growing the grass was out in the area where the drain field was. My older daughter in Oregon also has a septic system, so far no issues, but she is very concerned on doing the monthly flushing down of the septic tank chemicals to keep the enzymes/whatever they are in good health and functioning. And she is very careful about what goes down the commode, about the worst thing is the (non) flushable wipes. These things have clogged up our city sewer drains and will probably wreak havoc on a septic system.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:48 am

Pam - hopefully you won’t need a whole new field for the septic system. Crossing fingers.

As to the snowflakes, why not start folding a few each day now and then your hands won’t get so dry doing so many at once. You can come with them folder and everyone can cut together.

Rig probably the worst thing I even did, we didn’t have septic, but I did have a cloth diaper or 2 get yanked out of my hand and down the drain it went. I was shocked when it didn’t get clogged, but someone surely found them eventually. Definitely not to be flushed.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:59 am

Well, the tank is pumped and it has been determined that I have a clog. Plumber to come and snake the line this afternoon.

NM -- good idea especially now while I am still in recuperation mode.

Have been falling asleep watching tv but still getting 5-6 hours at night. So this is good even though I feel like a lazy person.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:57 pm

A clog is definitely good news.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:55 pm

Next step: getting the pipe checked out and probably replaced. Whether that means the entire pipe and breaking up the concrete floor in the basement or just outside the door. I have a Michigan basement which means I have to go outside to enter it and the cement floor is probably very shallow. I am trying to get this done before the freeze.

Bummed but at least it isn't the entire system....yet.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum