Perennially Yours

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Re: Perennially Yours

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:40 am

Good luck navigating around town today with all the activies going on.

Wish I could join you at the beach. Have an awesome time.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:00 am

Managed to avoid the March and pick up mom.

I decided against going to the beach today as I was tired after watching the UM get into the Final Four last night.

I'll find something enjoyable to do today which may include some outdoor work.

Mom told me that she is not going to cook anymore. Good news. I will now get rid of all her pots/pans and perhaps some utensils. We'll see.

Monday is a hair cut followed by a massage.

Re: murdered neighbor. I missed a news report that occurred on Monday about the incident. That is why the initial message about leaving the family alone (without saying which family or what was going on) was disturbing. I was thinking my next door neighbors had something wrong.

There was a robbery, my neighbor gave the robber what he asked for and then was shot. So sad.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:53 am

Pam, so very sad. Please make sure your doors are locked. Even it if was at the business, someone is out there.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:44 am

Busy as usual... don't forget to take good care of yourself too. Smile Having so much on your plate, plus the worrying needs to be balanced by good things. Good for you for going to the beach and enjoying the game(s) with your DS. Konmari & better food choices are important for your wellbeing. You can do this! ((hugs))

Improve, Appreciate, Connect, Protect.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:45 pm

So sorry about your neighbor. How disturbing for you and everyone around.

Really good news about your mom no longer cooking! One small worry to put aside.

Take care of yourself, you have so much on your plate. Try and do something that brings you joy.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:34 am

NM, LB, M2M - thanks for stopping by.  

Many journalers are talking spring, talking about planting gardens, etc.  I miss JRosto who always talked about his farming exploits.  Because of that I went back to MDA to try and find his journal.  It is gone, per RigD who actually copied it for me at one point but it really is gone now.  

Still trying to KonMarie my house without really doing as she suggests.  I still have so many piles...my stuff, and mom's stuff.  I'm talking paper piles...the worst of the worst IMHO.  

Bought my own fire safe, now for preparing items to put in.  I also need to inform my sons and give one of the keys (or place it somewhere) for them in the event I am unable to provide it for them.  Taking care of mom has given me so many things to think about to be prepared for my own sons so they do not need to try and compile as they go.  

I am considering printing out all my online passwords and putting it in there too.  

Lists of:
Medications (only one now)
Doctors with phone numbers/addresses
Common bills and their account numbers
Instructions on paying bills online
Bank info
IRA info
The usual will, etc.

I asked mom last Saturday if she knew where the key to her fire safe was. She called me yesterday saying she cannot find the key. At that moment I thought perhaps I did something strange with it. Thankfully yesterday I looked on the keychain for mom's residence and there was one of her keys. Thank goodness.

I remain anxious to get to a Lake MI beach with a camp in Manistee first on the list.  The weather is not cooperating.  

Am waiting for my mechanic to get back with me when he can work on my vehicle this week.  Can't plan anything until I know.  I am impatient.  

I have decided to donate my ice skates as they only take up space and fairly new and would be good for someone else to have.  It seems the weather does not cooperate to keep the outdoor ice rinks frozen or when they are I am not available.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:41 am

perennialpam wrote:I miss JRosto who always talked about his farming exploits.  Because of that I went back to MDA to try and find his journal.  It is gone, per RigD who actually copied it for me at one point but it really is gone now.  

No it's not. Yet. Sisson & co have made it more difficult to find the forum by removing the link at the top, but everything is still there... for now.  http://forum.marksdailyapple.com/forum/the-primal-blueprint-forum-discussion/primal-blueprint-journals/92950-21-day-total-body-transformation-jrosto

And for those interested, John even updated his blog recently: http://primaltransplant.blogspot.nl/2018/03/quick-update-and-question.html
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:05 am

Pam, I too miss John's posts on many aspects of life and wish he had opted to join us here. John's MDA thread is still there. I saved the link for it a long time back and it still works as of this morning:
JohnRost's MDA Journal

If interested, the other journal he kept about his lung transplant recovery is at:
Http://primaltransplant.blogspot.com/
 He has a pretty new post about his health there.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:06 am

Double down on those links!
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:14 pm

Thank you Lovebird and RigD.

I did go over to his transplant recovery website just now. Thanks to you both.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:42 pm

Update on John. We keep up occasionally. He’s still doing fairly well although his lungs are slowing. I’ve mentioned this forum to him a couple of times, but with other life issues affecting them, not sure he has time or the inclination to come back. However, I will see if I can copy these posts and get them to him. Maybe he’ll change his mind.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:39 pm

Oh, sorry to read John is having some setbacks. He is an amazing man in terms of attitude and finding joy in life.

Good job on making sound plans, Pam.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:16 am

A hint of spring is a good time to do some KonMari. Don't despair, Pam, anything is better than nothing.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:45 am

I did take the DGDog for a walk in the rain yesterday.  Trying to spend as much time as possible at the State Park prior to opening...which is 4-1.  She is doing good on leash however she wants to be the leader and cannot tell where I want to walk so she gets in the way...often.  

Ever since the walk with my friend who said she usually completes the 3 miles in 45 minutes I have increased my walking speed with my DGDog.  She seems to like it.  

There were DNR guys working there yesterday; she was curious but did not bark.  Thank goodness.  Would love to stop that bad habit but she is 9 and had already developed it long ago.  

Last week the DRN guys were working on a tree they cut down, cut up and shredded.  They left logs of a certain length and I loaded a good number of them in the vehicle.  Then I had to unload them and get them up to the area where I keep wood like this for campfires.  

Good workout.  

Still have not heard from my mechanic.  He promised this week and I have not contacted other than to say thank you.  

Got in my first 8 hour sleep last night.  This heading to bed (when I do not want to) is really working.  My neck continues to be less achy or tight (per massage therapist).  I am lucky in that I do not have to get up in the middle of the night for the bathroom.  Real lucky since I have to descend the stairs.  And I really think the poo factor has changed due to the all night sleeping.  One of the first things needing to be taken care of.  My body is healing.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:51 am

PP, I added a comment on John's primaltransplant blog and mentioned this forum again to him. I was sad to read that his lungs seem to be in a slow decline, hoping that he can reverse it, but his post sounds like it is not something that can be reversed.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:54 am

RigD---I followed those links you provided and saw your input.  Thank you.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:06 am

Happy to hear the extra sleep is working in many ways.  Yes it’s not always easy to go to bed when we should.

Rig - the last I heard it did stabilize again for John, but at a lower level than before.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRosto on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:15 am

Hi guys, thanks for reaching out Smile

I tried registering yesterday but the "Fun Verify" was wanky.

Still not sure what to share about this part of my journey. The new lungs are past their prime. I'm getting more use out of them than I could ever have hoped before the transplant, and I'm still in decent shape, just starting to get out of breath easier. Had to hire a kid to do spring cleaning in the front flower bed, and he did way too good a job. Not really sure what's going to come up this year. Strawberries in the back are looking good as are most of our roses.

Oldest grandson just graduated from Air Force Boot camp, he's off to a good start.

Not sure if I want to start a journal, could get dark quick.

Thanks again for reaching out, it is good to hear from you guys.

JRosto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:23 am

So good to hear from you John.

There are many here who think of you often and are always cheering you on.

Thanks for stopping by.

I was wondering about your gardening and am sorry you had to farm that out; one of your joys.

Stop by when you feel like it.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:29 am

So good to hear from you John.  What a delight!

There are many here who think of you often and are always cheering you on.  

Thanks for stopping by.  

I was wondering about your gardening and am sorry you had to farm that out; one of your joys.  

Stop by when you feel like it.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:30 am

Yes, glad to see you here John. Share whatever you are comfortable with, knowing that you have a very good support group here. We are solidly with you and hope the lungs can hang in there at an acceptable level for the very long haul. Feel free to put up a blog, even if it isn't all funshine.

Congrats on your GS. Hope he doesn't get too many of those 6 month opportunities in godforsakenstan. Do you know where he will be based? I'm very close to Wright-Pat near Dayton Oh.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:42 pm

Pam, the better sleep is doing you a world of good. Long may the improvements last.

Hauling wood is indeed a good workout.

Waving Hi, to John. Best wishes to you, and welcome.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:16 pm

Yeah John, you made it!! Sorry Pam for the hijack.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:12 pm

Another hijack - Hi, John!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:42 am

See John, how much you are missed?