Perennially Yours - part 2

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

Re: Perennially Yours - part 2

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:39 am

So happy to hear your camp was a good one despite the cold and some ice.

I’d guess it is the weight of the boots and additional exercise are the cause. Take it easy today.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:52 am

I would guess that it is h2o vapor exhaled that is crystallizing in your tent, not CO2. Those heavy boots sound problematic. For me its the time of year to stay inside and toasty warm, not break out the camping gear, although it hasn't really been winter yet here.
Rig D
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:00 am

Yikes, that is some cold camping! Have you tried cracking a window in your tent a night a bit? Sometimes that lets the vapour from your breath escape and stops the formation of those crystals. Winter tent camping - kill me now!

McDonald's - yes, the kiosks! We often go to McDonald's for coffee when we are out and about. I remember when the kiosks first started and there was a young girl, and employee, greeting everyone as they came into the restaurant and introducing them to the new kiosks. I asked her if she saw them as a threat to her job. I mean, come on, who needs real people when a computer can take an order. Geez, the way of the world! Anyway, I refuse to use them. One, they take away jobs. Two, I try to NOT touch things like key pads that everyone else under the sun has touched. They actually recently released a study (if you can call it that) on those kiosks - every test showed fecal matter. No Gag!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:55 am

Rig -- pretty sure it is carbon dioxide. Per Wikipedia: exhaled air is rich in carbon dioxide, a waste product of cellular respiration during the production of energy, which is stored as ATP.

Ont -- the roof of the tent is fairly open. It does have a rain fly on top.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:23 am

Disagree, I don't think it gets anywhere near cold enough for CO2 to crystallize (freeze). CO2 starts freezing only when you get way below 0 F. CO2 Freeze point
Rig D
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:08 pm

Glad you enjoyed the camping - but BURRR! I admire the way to just pick up and go to places that feed your soul!
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:15 am

Rig D wrote:Disagree, I don't think it gets anywhere near cold enough for CO2 to crystallize (freeze). CO2 starts freezing only when you get way below 0 F. CO2 Freeze point

Disagreeing is okay. Makes me question and look further. I have found out that the sparkles were, on fact, H2O and when I got back to my tent at night that explains a lot. The floor was damp or showing signs of being wet. During the warmer days, that stuff melted.

Thanks Rig and good luck this year moving forward.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:27 am

Tonight is The Moth and the theme is Backward. Wish I could think of a good story...not that I'd actually speak it. haha

Mom would not go to the dr. She has been eating in her room. I'll find out today if there is anything she needs when I drive into town for the evening.

I have been sleeping more hours since I got home (slept loads up north). Better to wake up at 5 then 4.

I don't know if I had the carb flu last Wed/Thur but am thinking I did. I was only 5 days in to my food changes.

Wish I knew what my start weight is. Like everyone else it is more about health but always nice to know the starting weight. While up north I did my normal "Goodwill" shopping and found that the size 12 I thought I was was not working. And I was not about to buy the larger size. I have enough pants but wanted newer 2nd hand ones. haha Not to be this go around. I do wear my size 12s I have and they must be all stretched out. Oh well, good to know since I will be noticing any changes with my clothing. Yes, I get anxious to see results. I believe that is why I fail so often to get on the band wagon fully....giving it enough time. I will work on that.

Lunch today is with the somewhat local group of women. They are the ones who go to the cabin in Feb/March near by and up to Lake Huron in the fall. We decided to make it a monthly gathering for lunch. So far it has worked out. We were originally 6 women when 2 moved away in the last few years; one being my BFF. Keeping the group together has been a work in progress as the 2 who moved brought up together in different ways. Hard to explain. Glad we are persevering.

Re: The Moth. News is exciting for me. I will be working almost every show through June. That will mean twice per month. Am excited for this opportunity and I hope to not let down the show so to speak. I really feel all the more connected with it now.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:27 am

Awesome news with the Moth. I know how much you enjoy that night out.

Good for you keeping up with friends. That is very hard to do.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:39 am

The way the clothes fit is a great way to track progress. Hope you can move down a size or two this year.
Rig D
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:22 pm

Great news on The Moth - I love those storytellers.
The Walrus
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:36 pm

Snow camping.  Admire your skills and knowledge here.  I know who to askif I ever try it.

ONTARIO wrote:.... I refuse to use them. One, they take away jobs. Two, I try to NOT touch things like key pads that everyone else under the sun has touched. They actually recently released a study (if you can call it that) on those kiosks - every test showed fecal matter. No  Gag!
OMG!   Technology isn't always the best way to go.  Corporations use it as the way to grab more money with little service in return. I refuse to use those and basically avoid a business that conducts its sales this way.
Heuristicfireflower
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ekba on Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:58 pm

I used to go on an annual “freeze your buns off” camping trip. Bunch of guys, usually the weekend in January between the NFL playoffs and the Superbowl. This was in the mountains in Maryland, so the weather could be 50 F and sunny or snow in the teens.
The basic agenda was hiking Saturday afternoon, dinner over a campfire with beer if “warm” weather, whiskey if cold. Some cold sleep, camp coffee and packing up at first light, then a diner breakfast to try to warm up. Fun times.
ekba
ekba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:20 am

ekba wrote:I used to go on an annual “freeze your buns off” camping trip. Bunch of guys, usually the weekend in January between the NFL playoffs and the Superbowl. This was in the mountains in Maryland, so the weather could be 50 F and sunny or snow in the teens.
The basic agenda was hiking Saturday afternoon, dinner over a campfire with beer if “warm” weather, whiskey if cold. Some cold sleep, camp coffee and packing up at first light, then a diner breakfast to try to warm up. Fun times.
Finally, someone who knows and understands. Hello ekba.

The Moth was great last night. Had trouble with getting the 10 storytellers this time and constant announcements about such that the show would not start without 10 dragged on until one of us volunteers got up. Since I will be there 2 times per month perhaps I ought to prepare a story and hope for the energetic crowd will come forward so I do not have to. haha

Taking my vehicle in for some computer fix as it has been recalled. I will be sitting in the customer waiting room for 3+ hours for that. Then onto the hearing aid place for my annual checkup.

That's pretty much it for today....I think.

Took the DGDog for a walk down a barely used dirt road yesterday and dawg gone it she took off running toward a man near our vehicle. I yelled that she is fine but he did not believe me and ran up a hill and so did the dog. She came back to me while he turned and ran off the other way. By the time I reached the vehicle he was no where in sight and I could not apologize. I have not been taking her often over these last few months and she does not listen to me well....once again. Darn. Back to the leash.

I totally understand the person running and not listening to me especially if they are afraid of dogs in the first place and she ain't no small girl. I feel bad.

I am seeing some changes. Longer sleep and morning bathroom. I believe that means my circadium rhythm is starting to be fixed. Perhaps I need another winter camp to get that sleep back into order. ha

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:30 am

Yippee for positive changes!
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:43 am

I have tried input into my journal quite a few times lately and this new computer makes accidentally erasing my entries too darn easy! I will start with a word document and copy/paste for a while.

My initial entry was asking about counting the sleep on the couch into my Length of Sleep total. I mean to get upstairs, I honestly do. I find myself sleepy very early in the evening making it difficult to even read without giving in. Accidentally. Sometimes it is a good 2 hours that I have lost and I think it is reasonable to add to my total. Anyone agree?

I am going about my Primal Plunge on an 80/20 basis. You know what that means, not totally Primal. I think edging into this is good for me. Prior to Primal I was a Dr. Atkins success and when I initially went Primal I got myself into keto too. Both times were successful weight losses but we all know the other side of that. My end game failed and I regained.

Additionally in the last few years I have little sleep due to mind numbing “thoughts of things needing doing”. I most often do not have trouble falling asleep, even after the couch episodes, but staying asleep. I seem to awaken at the same time.

I feel good right now that I am on the right track and, with consistency, I will regain my better sleeping skills as I have reawakened my circadian rhythm. How do I know? My bathroom in the early morning.

Yesterday I did a Marie K sweep of my closet. Took pounds of clothing to the Goodwill. It felt/feels good. I need to do another Real sweep. I neglected to take the DGDog for a walk. It really interferes with my life; however, I feel guilty.

Today I go to the dr. about the BP medicine since I began cutting the pills in half. She wanted to see me after 2 weeks so I made an appointment right away and off I go today. I hope it works and will go with the outcome. Plus….I get to weigh myself today. At least I’ll have a starting point to use.

The Township is offering free radon testing kits so I picked up extras for my neighbors. I will do my test this weekend. The Association’s website mentioned those kits and that some on the east side of the lake have issues. Yep, I am on the east side.

Now time to read my book.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:48 am

Sleep, good sleep will help with Primal.

As to waking up in the middle of the night, try stopping fluids a bit earlier and see if that helps. Also, if it’s stuff on the brain a to-do list type thing, trying putting paper and pen by the bed, when you wake, write down what needs doing. Hopefully you’ll fall back to sleep quicker as it’s written and you won’t forget.

Hopefully the Radon will come back that you are fine.

Good job on the Marie sweep of your closet. I need to do another myself
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:21 am

NM -- bathroom doesn't wake me up in the middle of the night. No fluids after 7 if I can help it.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:19 am

Two hours of sleep is two hours of sleep whether it's on the couch or in bed. I think you should count it.

I call it my "nice little nap before bed", lol.
Annieh
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:31 am

Hate those running accounts in head while lying in bed.   But, how cool that your sleep pattern is normalizing.  The magic of technology does nothing for it after sunset.  
Wow, I know it feels good to clear out a huge bag or bags of clothes.  Must do my mom's closets at some point.  

May the Radon test show zero / safe levels.  

I think all sleep hours count.  My take is the body needs it it will ask for it at whatever time.
Heuristicfireflower
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:21 am

How could I forget to tell that I had a dr. appointment yesterday for the BP check. Of course that also meant a step on the scale. Now I have a starting point to refer back to but I do believe there has been a loss. I need to review my previous check out papers.

The best news of all is: I can go off the BP meds. My BP was 124/44. I was ecstatic! She explained that she felt all along that I was just stressed about my surgery and mother care. I am ecstatic still.

Today is mom day and I'll see her in person and how she is doing.

Breakfast with the hikers who I have missed. My friend who took off over a month to FL is back and will be there.

If I have time I will turn all the clothing around in my closet. The idea is to see just what I do not wear. If it is not turned around by the end of winter (or some reasonable time) I'll donate them too.

TW reminded me that one can get Netflix on a 30 day trial basis. I'll see if I can figure that out.

This afternoon perhaps a fire to get rid of some of the branches of the tree that lost a limb. All staked and ready to go and perhaps dried enough too.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:22 am

Great news on the BP.
Netflix is cheap in any event. I enjoy it and it is well worth the monthly fee.
Rig D
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:12 am

Good for you with the clothing.

Best news is being off of the BP meds. That’s huge.

Yes, Netflix is quite inexpensive and lots and lots of shows.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:24 pm

That is an extremely low blood pressure. Yay, on no more meds for you.

Netflix, yes my dh tried the trial and now has kept it going, despite lack of budget for same.
Annieh
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:28 pm

That's awesome news! Great BP reading. Now onto plan A for Primal Healthiness.
Heuristicfireflower
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next