Tomi found her way - and the quest continues.

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tomi found her way - and the quest continues. - Page 26 Empty Re: Tomi found her way - and the quest continues.

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:09 pm

Yes, the links work.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tomi found her way - and the quest continues. - Page 26 Empty Re: Tomi found her way - and the quest continues.

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:13 am

Great job on the bills.

Yes, I hope to find a group of woman now that I have time. It would be neat for us all to meet.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:38 pm

I joined the Viome FB page. It is a bit disconcerting that many of the posts are complaints about LONG waits for results. Some people are saying they sent in their samples in September are still waiting. Sad I PRAY they have fixed whatever problem is causing this delay - I don't want to be waiting until spring for my results. I know they went through a shut down period due to the installation of new lab equipment - or so I've read.

So.......... for a very long time now I have been coughing up white mucus - happens every morning, and is getting worse. I am also coughing a lot - especially when I talk. Seems to have been happening ever since I had that last bought of bronchitis. I am diffusing Thieves essential oil. I'm wondering if I have a very slight case of bronchitis hanging around. I might take some Mucinex tonight to see if it helps.

tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:18 pm

Viome --- still analyzing. (tick tock!)

A is coming for an afternoon visit. Smile we usually just talk for hours - but today we are both tired and just want to watch a movie. I sure enjoy her company. I think her MS is progressing, even though she stays very active. She is still driving without any troubles, is walking with a walker (wheeled), and uses her little scooter at home. She has slowed down on some of her therapies. She was doing swimming, message, pilates and hydrotherapy. But has gone to only pilates (one on one with a trainer). She has tons of energy and sleeps well - just struggles to get around.

The shop tear down continues - we are down to the skeleton now. Activity is a bit slower than I expected, and I am a bit disappointed, however - there is no rush to get it all done. The contractor, who is a friend, is having some medical issues, and he has a very small crew of just a couple guys. I am sure this will take most of the winter to complete.

I am consistently eating 1350 calories (on average). Macros are good. Scales are not budging. I'm moving as much as I am able without bringing on a total energy crash. I'm sleeping well for the most part, but never feel refreshed in the morning. I'm taking all my supplements and eating a healthy diet. There was about 10 days during the holidays when I was eating sugar and wheat, not to excess, but any is more than I should. I am at my wits end as to how to improve my overall condition. My hope lies in the Viome results and recommendations. I fatigue so easily, and struggle with things that need my undivided attention - like driving. Just a run to the bank and back - a total of about 5 miles will completely wash me out. By the time I'm almost home I'm feeling like I shouldn't be behind the wheel.
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:07 pm

Nothing much to add today ---

Viome ---- still waiting

Food - good

Scales - dropped a pound

Sleep - solid but not refreshing

More bills to pay and tax prep to do today.

I'm playing with remodel ideas. What I REALLY WANT to do will add square footage to the house - and I doubt we can afford to do it without saving for 10 years. We don't want to finance since we will be mortgage free soon. I want to create a new bedroom on the main floor, so as we age we don't have to go upstairs. The downstairs bathroom will be moved in the remodel but we won't have an on suite - no reason to have a guest bath AND a full bath on the main floor as they would be right next to each other - that would just be silly. The bathroom will be adjacent to the bedroom. IF this happens - adding square footage directly above would create enough space for another bedroom on the second floor. This would make the house a 5 bedroom, 3 full bath home. Currently it is 4 bedroom, 3 full bath --- but technically one bedroom has a ceiling below code and can not be termed a bedroom. And the current main floor bedroom is very small - it would make a good office or nursery, but is a long way from the master bedroom. Currently it is 2350ish sq. ft. My current ideas would make it around 3200 sq ft. It won't change the current foot print too much. There is much to consider and much time to play with ideas. It will take us at least 5 years to save the money.

Time to go do some desk work............
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:27 pm

Home bills done Smile Shop bills organized and ready to pay tomorrow. Account is balanced and quick books copy burned to CD for the accountant.
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:49 pm

Good going Tomi. I need to follow your lead.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:35 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Good going Tomi.  I need to follow your lead.

This time of year is so stressful for me! Too many details to remember. I must also get the 1099s prepared and mailed in the next week. I'm getting better at doing all this without losing too much sleep Smile Lucky for me - we have an accountant who prepares paystubs (I write the checks), and she also prepares and mails W-2s, and our quarterly statements. I figured out how to pay the taxes online each month Smile

Today I received the packets from the accountant who took over for my cousin after last season when he retired. The packet is identical to what I have always received. For this reason, I have decided to go with this accountant this year and see how things go. Smile I'm hoping I can just drop them off and he'll call me when they are done. Easy peasy. Also - I wasn't looking forward to breaking in a new tax preparer.

Hubby is going to the hospital after work to visit his best friend, M. He went to the hospital on Monday with extreme pain the upper abdomen - turned out to be his gall bladder. But before they could operate, his liver enzymes soared and he became jaundiced. The bile duct was blocked - so they quickly went in to clean that and put in a stent - but now his pancreatic enzymes were also elevated. An ultra sound showed a "cyst" on his pancreas. They couldn't operate until levels dropped. Today they went back in and found his gall bladder was so full of stones that they needed to flush and clear before they could remove the actual organ. The pancreas "cyst" will be addressed in the coming weeks. Kinda worried about the cyst. I know it is not uncommon to have benign cysts on the pancreas and in the liver - but it could be something not so benign.
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:26 am

Yes, the end of year tax stuff is a pain. I have a few things left to finish myself. Then of course getting everything ready for the Acct to do the actual 1040 stuff for us and the biz.

So sorry to hear of DH’s friend. Hopefully the cyst is nothing.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:07 pm

More info on the surgery --- apparently the gall bladder had attached itself to the liver - so cutting that apart caused the liver to bleed and needed to be cauterized. For that reason, they are going to keep him in the hospital for 4-5 days to make sure nothing goes wrong. They decided the cyst did not warrant more testing at this time - but needs to be "watched". Whatever that means.

My patience is running out with Viome. Even though I KNEW this was going to be a long wait - I am having a difficult time.

Hubby is going to the Portland Boat Show with BIL (the one who cuts my hair) tonight - a work/fun type thing since he is also delivering a boat and 3 motors to our engine guy in P-town. A's husband is also at the Boat Show - as a vendor ----- so A is coming for dinner and we'll keep each other company for the evening. I'm going to heat up our home canned turkey soup. A also eats paleo.

Slept well, but again, do not feel rested and energy is low. I am growing very weary of this......... I want my life back!!!!

Sorry --- kinda feel like Eeyore today. Its hard to feel positive and optimistic when you don't feel good. Energy level measures in at about 40% today.
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:15 pm

Hang in there Tomi
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:55 pm

Thanks, NM Smile

I ended up cancelling the evening with A. Between my gut hurting, running to the bathroom, feeling totally drained and just wanting to sleep I decided this was not the best time for a visit. Sad Bummed.

Come on, Viome!
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:30 am

Hang in there Tomi. Journey of health is apparently many steps forward and back. Your body sounds like it's telling you it needs a break. But, think of all the things you DID get done. It's still progress upward and forward.
Heuristicfireflower
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:43 pm

Thanks, HFF Smile I feel like I'm not gaining any ground --- I will have some gains, but then slide back again. Maybe not all the way the back to the worst point, but far enough that it brings me down and breaks my spirit a bit. I'm trying really hard to remain hopeful. At this point, I'm putting all my hope into the Viome results - because it seems pretty evident that what I have been doing with the diet and supplements is just not enough to climb over the wall.
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:23 pm

Tomi, focus on the always going forward even when you slip back it is never to the beginning. Step by step, inch by inch you can do it.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:08 pm

+1 to what Pedi said.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:36 pm

Thank you, Pedi and NM.  I am trying very hard to remain hopeful and to focus on moving to a healthier state of being.  

My gut is better than it was a year ago.  Not by much, but there is improvement.  

My energy levels are considerably less than I would like, but I do have the occasion good day.  Yesterday I helped hubby clean up the area behind the shop (that is being torn down and replaced).  It is an area that measures 15'x40' - we store wood for the fire pit, and several ladders back there.  It also had a bunch a junk that needed to be discarded, you know stuff you keep "just in case" you need it ---- and far too many blackberry vines that had snaked their way through the fence - plus gobs of fallen leaves from the forest behind us.  Hubby had brought home a junk boat that was destined for the landfill and we completely filled it.  We got most of it cleaned up and tiddy.  After the yard debris bin is emptied tomorrow we can finish cleaning up all the leaves.  We decided that the area is going to be paved after the shop is built and we use up the wood that is stacked back there.  Then it will be much easy to keep clean.  Right now it is covered in pea gravel.  

Anyway - all that to say that I had 2 hours of pretty good movement and a lot of heavy lifting.  I was totally wiped out for the rest of day, but it felt good.  We went to bed just before 10, I was up 3 or 4 times to potty, and slept until 8:00.  Not a good solid nights sleep, but I won't complain.  

Today I'm feeling pretty good.  Sore from the activity in the yard yesterday, but I did manage to get up, clean up a bit and make a bank run.  Driving sure does take it out of me.  I never realized the amount of mental exercise that goes into driving.  I've a load of whites in the dryer now, and the dishwasher is almost done so I can empty it a bit later. Not sure I will get any office work done today. Saturday I cleaned out and boxed up all the files and work orders for 2018 - ready to restart with 2019. I have to do the 1099s this week - and finish gathering documents for the accountant to prepare our taxes. I think today I will do the dishes and laundry and maybe get the upstairs vacuumed and dusted. That might be all for today.

Viome still says "analyzing results".  GRRR.  Its frustrating to wait and anticipate.  But what else can I do?  

My sister from Idaho is coming to visit in April.  She will be here for 2 weeks.  Her daughter (my daughter by another mother) will be coming also, but can only stay a few days.  I'm so anxious to have them both here.  Sis is retiring the end of March.  I'm hoping while she is here we can gather all my sis's and my mom for a nice day of hanging together.
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marcadav on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:50 pm

I suggest you stop checking the status of your Viome results.You'll get the results when you get them. Checking won't make the results come in any faster. Not checking might help your frustration.

marcadav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:55 pm

marcadav wrote:I suggest you stop checking the status of your Viome results.You'll get the results when you get them. Checking won't make the results come in any faster. Not checking might help your frustration.

If don't check I won't know they've come. The results are given through the APP only - not by paper/snail mail/email. I might get an email message saying my results are ready - but I still have to check email to find out.
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:10 pm

well, it pains me to say this - but after several weeks of trials I have concluded that there is something in my protein drink that my tummy is not happy with.

Ingredients:

Amy Myers Chocolate protein powder
Amy Myers Collagen protein
Amy Myers Leaky Gut Revive
Amy Myers Greens
Powdered coconut milk
1/2 Avocado
1/3 cup frozen blueberries
water

As soon as I drink about 1/2 of it my stomach starts to cramp up and within 15 minutes I'm in the bathroom. It doesn't happen if I eat something else for my first meal - but always with the protein drink. My best guess is the chocolate.......... I was using the Mocha Latte flavor until about a month ago and don't recall having this kind of trouble. But for the past several weeks I have been getting the reaction with every drink. What a bummer - cuz I just opened a new canister and still have an unopened one in the cupboard. I'm going to ask my friend A if she has ordered yet - if not I will see if she will order the vanilla or the mocha and I will trade with her. Until then, I think I will have to eat something else for my first meal. If she isn't going to order -- then I will try ordering the vanilla and mix them so there is less chocolate. The Mocha Latte has chocolate - but obviously less of it. UGH...... its always something with this stupid gut of mine.
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marcadav on Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:45 pm

Then pick 1 or 2 days a week to check. Just don't check every day.

marcadav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:50 pm

I came across this on facebook:

Tomi found her way - and the quest continues. - Page 26 Never_10
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:54 pm

Marcadav - I'm so anxious to have this information and begin implementing the changes - I don't think I could go several days between checking. Its not stressing me out - I'm just very much looking forward to getting the results and reading the "what to do"s.
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:08 pm

Just found out from a neighbor that the homeless camp under the main bridges in downtown Salem are being forced to relocate within 24 hours. Keizer city officials are concerned they will invade our parks -- meaning - my backyard........... or just beyond it in the forest. I sincerely feel for these people - many who are mentally ill, and mostly who are drug/alcohol dependent - but I don't want them living in my neighborhood.

I don't need this - I have enough on my plate.
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:00 pm

Tomi - I think you should get the sister that knits to teach you. It is fairly easy, but it does take practice to get your tension even. That is normal for every beginner, so don’t let it get to you if that happens. Plus it will give you something else to focus on and you just sit while you do it, so no extra movement requried.

something I’ve noticed in your journal. Every time you’ve done a task that takes a fair amount of movement and LHT, like your yard clean up, you feel good the next day, albeit sore as is natural. I’m wondering if you could start implementing that type of movement just 2x’s a week if it would not help your energy? As physics says something in motion stays in motion.... Just a thought.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next