Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Re: Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Post by ONTARIO on Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:25 am

Glad you got some positive, fun time away from all your everyday stresses. Have a safe drive home.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:30 pm

Smile so happy for your wonderful weekend with friends! You soooo deserve this time. I hope you feel a renewal of the soul - and energy to handle the days ahead. Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:20 pm

So glad you had some good times! And hope all was well when you got home. flower
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:31 pm

The over night was truly awesome.

Got there and we had time to sit and catch up. Then off to the formal lunch they had for us. Actually pretty primal, other than not sure about any oils used. Started with a nice salad, ranch dressing. The dinner was chicken breast and asparagus. Both cooked perfectly. Desert for me, since I said DF, GF was fresh raspberries and blackberries in a little chocolate lattice tube. Most excellent. The others had this chocolate cake that looks way over rich.

Then we all kind of split up, but 5 of us went and had tons of laughs talking. Split up again a bit. I got a jalapeño margarita. Interesting and quite good and definitely spicy. Some of us then met up again. I was still drinking my drink.

Most of us then met for dinner. Had an awesome prime rib with fresh horseradish, mashed red potatoes and sautéed veg.

From there we went down to the bowling alley. While I love to bowl, since my back has been bothering me, I just watched and had just as much fun. Then off to the night club. Didn’t stay there long, the music wasn’t great. Bed time.

Then this morning we all met for breakfast which is a huge buffet. Had a made to order omelet, bacon - always bacon Smile, a bit of roasted potatoes and coffee.

After that 3 of us went and got ice cream in honor of our dear friend who could not come as her DH lost his battle to ALS on Friday. We took a pic and sent it to her. She was thrilled. She and I would go and have a dish of ice cream each time.

I also took a card for everyone to sign and I have that ready to mail tomorrow.

It was a sunny and nice day to drive home.

The time was very enjoyable and we all let loose and had some good laughs.

Getting home was kind of a different story. DH wasn’t very responsive, he is better now, but wasn’t sure what the rest of the day might bring. He’s resting.

Tomorrow should be W30 day one. We will see how it goes.

Sleep was eh, was up twice, the time changed and when I tried to fix my sleep time, it lost the comprehensive break down and said not enough info. Oh well.

Have a great night all
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:04 pm

It sounds like you had a great time.  So thoughtful to have ice cream and send your friend a picture and to take a card for all to sign for her.

Sorry to hear DH was not doing well.  I hope you both get a great night's sleep.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:04 am

NM, you needed that overnighter so much and I am very glad you had such a good time.

Blessings to you, as always, and to your DH.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:11 am

Happy to hear your weekend away was wonderful & fun and you (all) made sure your friend felt loved and thought of during her difficult time.

Hope DH is feeling better today. *hugs*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:56 am

Oh what fun and laughs you had while away. So happy for you.

You are a dear, thoughtful, friend was evidenced on the forum always.

Sorry to hear DH was having a rough time. Glad to hear he came around once you came back home.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:08 am

Thanks all - it was a much needed shot in the arm. So many good memories.

Sleep: 6h 54m, 29m awake, 1h 49m REM, 4h 10m light, 55m deep

Woke groggy, but my chart shows I was just headed back into deep when my alarm went off.

Today is W30 day 1. So needed. Got on the scale, that was not pretty, not pretty at ALL. Did not measure. My clothes will tell the story.

DH’s vitals good this morning. He still sleeping, but I will be waking him for meds after I finish here.

B - hash, coffee/co

DD has a test today. She’s feeling ok about it, but also has a few others coming up.

Have a bunch of work stuff to catch up on from being gone. Usually I do some of that on the Weekend while watching FB.

I must have bumped something this morning incorrectly as my Versa didn’t record my walk w/the dog Sad. I did get exercise min credit, but not a WO credit.

Have an awesome day all
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:50 pm

So pleased to read you had a little getaway. Best to you as you embark on W30!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:08 am

Good Morning all,

Sleep: 7h 2m, 47m awake, 1h 32m REM, 3h 46m light, 1h 44m deep

Much better sleep, feel better for it too. Smile

W30 wasn’t completely off the ground yesterday. Mostly, but bad stuff crept in. I hate throwing away good food, so re declaring today day 1

It’s raining here again, so my morning walk was loops around my house. Smile. That’s ok, just 9AM and I already have 5000 steps.

DH is still sleeping, will wake him in about 30 min to get his vitals and meds he might need.

DD did well on her test yesterday. The fact that she had some cardio in undergrad is helping her now.

B - a w30 casserole I made for dinner last night.

Plan to have hash either for lunch or dinner and then some leftovers for the other meal.

Will get out to vote after DS gets here this afternoon. Please I encourage all to vote, no matter what your choice, it makes the system work.

Have some works stuff left to do and personal and parental finances as well.

Have a great day all
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:02 pm

Oregon has vote by mail - so easy! We sent in our ballots last week. Wink

I hope you and DH have a wonderful day!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:22 am

Good luck on the new W30. I hear ya on not tossing the "bad" foods out.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:31 pm

I struggle with that too --- luckily hubby will eat anything. Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:31 pm

Sleep 6h 20m, 27m awake, 1h 45m REM, 2h 49m light, 1h 46m deep

Didn’t feel too bad this morning, but went to bed too late, looking at election results.

Went to visit Mom and Dad today. Both are doing well.

Then home to try and get a few other things done. Didn’t really happen.

My nurse is driving me crazy. She is good at what she does, but her self esteem is a big fat 0. By the time her shift was almost done, I needed to give DH some Ativan and I felt like I needed a drink.

Then DS came and I got a good WO. Messed up my elbow on a move though. It was my own fault. My rough day contributed to it.

Did get some work stuff done too.

I wish I had another option of a nurse, but I don’t. I need someone, so I’m stuck. If I don’t have her come back, then I won’t have anyone again. Some days though that almost seems easier.

Mom decided today she’s ready to part with her car. That was a huge leap for her. I’m glad she made that decision on her own.

I’m going to relax tonight, maybe watch some hockey.

Have a good one all.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:36 pm

What a place to be in...with nurse. Sad

That was a great decision your mom made on her own. Saves you feeling bad about taking it away or forcing the issue. I worked it out with the eye dr. I just mentioned that she was still driving even though I was accompanying her to her eye appointments. That way mom got mad at her.

Have fun watching hockey.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:10 pm

Enjoy the hockey.  Maybe mention to the nurse that you are happy to talk to her about her day after she is done with DH, but that she should not share with him as it has adverse outcomes?  Hoping for good sleep for both of you and a healed elbow.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:27 am

Update on nurse issue - I think the biggest thing that irks me is she is so “in your face”. I asked DH last night if he was ok with her, and he is, so I won’t be making changes. I’ve spoken with her before. I know she’s trying to be helpful, but it gets over the top.

One thing is the laundry business. My MIL comes on Monday’s and does his laundry. She loves doing that, its her way of helping me. The nurse knows this. While I was away this weekend, she did his laundry. Yesterday I came home and she had done a load of laundry. I’ve talked to her about this before. I said something on the weekend, and yesterday I said “I see you’re doing my MIL’s job again”. In a very nice way. Her reply was “busted”.

She and I need to sit and have another talk. I know her heart is in the right place trying to help me, but she winding up making me very annoyed. I want her in the room with DH. Even if she’s just sitting there doing her charting. She doesn’t need to take out my garbage (did that too yesterday), do laundry etc. Sit there and just talk about your day, your weekend whatever to DH. He can’t answer, but likes to hear about things. I’ve also told her that.

She also can go from 0-60 in 1 second flat if she thinks there is an issue. So when she gets anxious, it just rubs off on DH.

I also need to call the supervisor to ask a question. I asked her to give DH some pineapple juice. It’s good at thining secretions. It’s just food. She believes she needs an order because it’s not on his sheet. The only thing on there are meds and his canned food, so she can’t give him juice. I want to double check this is correct, because my physician will think I’m nuts if I ask him for an order for pineapple juice.

She’s driving me crazy.

I’ve already started to formulate a conversation in my mind. I didn’t talk to her yesterday as I wanted a cooling off period for myself, so
I could clearly think through how I wanted to address things. By next Wed I will have that and we can talk calmly and rationally.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:29 am

Sleep: 7h 1m, 1h 5m awake, 1h 7m REM, 4h 51m light, 1h 3m deep

Not enough deep and too much time awake.

My friend will be here to help in about 30 min. Then
I can get some work stuff done. She’s only here about 2 hours, but it’s a good 2 hours.

I need to get a few things cleaned up before she comes.

Eating is improving slowly.

Will be back later with a day report.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:22 pm

Sorry you're having these issues with the nurse. Sounds like she needs some very clear boundaries and maybe an explanation that she messes with the "balance" of things when she crosses those boundaries. I'm sure you will come up with the right words when you talk to her.

Its great that you have a friend coming to help. Smile Good friends are worth their weight in gold.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:23 am

sleep 7h 1m, 57m awake, 45m REM, 5h 4m Light, 1h 12m deep

Woke early and could not go back to sleep. Stats probably look better than I feel.

Tomi - you are right about good friends.

DH still sleeping. Did get him eye drops yesterday. Will do vitals shortly.

Today DS will be here. Will get a good WO, then shower and groceries. Have to go to the funeral home this afternoon. A very good friend’s wife has passed. This is the gentleman from church that always visits with DH. Such a wonderful couple.

DD reported snow this morning. Uggg. So not ready for that.

I think I need a second cuppa. Sitting here quite tired this morning. Even went to bed earlier last night.

Didn’t get to any decluttering, but did get a good amount of work stuff done. Payroll prep this weekend.

Have a great day all
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:47 am

Where is DD that reports snow? We have it coming down now in SW Ontario. Ugh, is right!

I hope you pep up today. It's hard going through your day tired.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:52 am

Hope your second cuppa helps boost your energy.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:07 am

Glad to see everything is relatively okay. And sending good vibes for a constructive convo with the nurse. I’m guessing she is either a control freak or just bored. Maybe a bored control freak? (Joke)
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:15 am

Sleep 6h 54m, 1h 15m awake, 59m REM, 4h 32m light, 1h 23 deep

I think I’m learning that REM is almost more important for me to feel well rested than deep. Woke early again, but didn’t feel overly rested.

Ontario - DD is in Erie. She woke to snow and they are calling for 6-9” for her today.

Pedi - I didn’t end up having a second cuppa. Didn’t want to have myself over done. Fairly sensitive to caffeine. But today I did have straight caf instead of half caf that I usually have. We shall see.

TW - I think you have hit it about right. Control and bored. One of those who can’t sit still. I need her to sit still LOL

Yesterday I did some grocery shopping. I hope I got enough things. Just wasn’t feeling it. Then in the afternoon it was off to the funeral home for a friend.

Moving my Celexa back to night time, see if that helps. I’m trying to get through 1 full month on the higher dose before I make a determination. As of today I feel like I just want to drop it again. I’m not feeling anxious, but I feel like I’m more down. Zero motivation to do anything at all. Definitely none to cook. Just looking for quick and easy and quick and easy isn’t healthy. When it’s not healthy bad things happen with the body.

If things don’t improve over the month, the I will make an appt to go talk with her and explain the situation and see if there is something else we can try that might work better.

Then again, I might just wean off and wing it again. Haven’t decided yet. I just know this isn’t working the way I need it too.

I also know, the situation with DH is one of the major factors. This roller coaster doesn’t give me time to breathe or get into balance. I think I’m probably grieving more as I know the time is probably short. But I’ve thought that before as well. So hard to know. And that is something I have absolutely no control over. It will be whatever it will be, nothing will change it, nor will meds change it. They just may help me deal with it better.

Ok, wasn’t planning on a down post today, but it is what it is.

Hugs

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next