Narrowminded continues

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: Narrowminded continues

Post by Lovebird on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:00 am

Just let it out NM... it's hard enough to deal with it... sharing your feelings and thoughts might help somewhat. ((HUGS)) So sorry for your friend too.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:56 am

Aw, NM. Hugs to you.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:40 am

Your DH is so lucky to have you as his loving caretaker.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:15 pm

Thank you girls.

Rough few days. I've had a headache that just won't give up. Started Friday. Still here today.

It's making it hard to concentrate on anything and this time of year requires a lot of concentrating.

I did make it out to try and get close to finishing up my shopping. Just a couple of things left to handle. One of which is finishing my knitting, that too is hard to concentrate on. Then of course wrapping those.

All the other gifts that are here in the house are wrapped. I'm waiting on a few from online then I'll be done.

Still have to plan a Christmas Day menu and shop for supplies. Christmas eve will be taken care of by family and will basically be anything but primal. I'll see what i can squeak out to make it so.

Have an amazing week all
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeangenie on Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:33 am

The same to you, NM. A good week is what we all need now! Hope the kntting gets done. I have a couple of knitted gifts but haven't sewn them up yet. I mjust get onto that!
jeangenie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:44 am

NM, you do such a wonderful job of keeping up. I am always amazed at what you accomplish. I wish you peace and health for the coming year.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:54 am

So sorry to read of your friends loss. 13 years is a longtime to battle. That's rough. Hope he is currently as comfortable as possible. Strength and hugs to you both.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:34 pm

nm, you are so on top of things for christmas, i don't know how you manage it. i was way unprepared regarding gifts, but just a couple of mornings in town and i am almost there. now to wrap everything, single handed.

next year we are going to change our habits by all putting our names in a hat and drawing only one name each. i have mixed feelings. my gifts are on a tight budget but i kinda like finding something for everyone.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:33 pm

Thanks everyone. Yes DH is comfortable for the most part. Spends his days watching Netflix, YouTube and doing emails. Evening is much the same unless there is hockey or football on.

I’ve determined the headache was due to Christmas stress. Just saying the word causes my neck to tense. I may appear altogether but certainly don’t feel it.

DD is getting a breakfast treat. The keto cookbook I bought has a pancake recipe using ground up pork rinds as the flour. They are delish. She eats primally, but is having a hard time wrapping her brain around the pork rinds. She will be pleasantly surprised tomorrow.

Still need a Christmas Day menu. Was thinking pulled pork. We will see.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:33 am

OMG! Never heard of pork rind "flour" pancakes! With a fried egg on top and a little chile, that is yumsome!
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:55 pm

Just popping in to add a virtual hug. Hope your head eases off and you can relax a little bit here and there.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:11 pm

HFF the pancakes already have eggs, but no reason you could not top with more. DD was not impressed and said they tasted eggy to her. However she did like how they held her.

M2M thanks for the hugs. The headache is finally history.

Someone mentioned yesterday about me keeping up here with all I have to do. It’s my me time and a chance to connect with friends, which doesn’t happen in person. My best friend lives in FL so we do text daily. However that’s about it.

When DH’s disease started, friends slowly disappeared. It’s hard when you always have to say you can’t. You invite them here but they generally decline or say they’ll let you know. Even had a friend leave while I went to tend to DH for a couple of minutes. Came back out and she was gone.

So, I make it a point of getting here and the ALS forum. I need time with my friends. It’s generally the only interaction I get most days

So I have to shop for Christmas Day dinner. This year will be pulled pork, cole slaw, roasted sweet potatoes, green beans and DD will whip up a primal dessert.

Christmas Eve will be with DHs fam and they are cooking...

Friday is our Christmas party at work. DS will be here and I’ll get a chance to go into the office. I’ll squeak out a little from what I ordered.

Time for bed
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:55 am

Agree. It is a good outlet to jot down my experiences and I like the interaction with other members. Also, it's a nice way to distract reading about other folks routines and lives. Takes my mind off of my own troubles in a good way.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:12 am

I email daily with my breast cancer friend. I think she likes it. I probably bore her to death with my stuff but, like you said above, it is social interaction and she does not feel alone. Today I take her to her chemo treatment.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:11 am

When DH’s disease started, friends slowly disappeared. You invite them here but they generally decline or say they’ll let you know. Even had a friend leave while I went to tend to DH for a couple of minutes. Came back out and she was gone.
I think this is a very common thing to happen for people in your type of circumstance. It is a shame that many friendships don't really survive the tough, high stress, limited activity times. I sincerely hope that PrimalForum can help fill the gap left by your fair-weather friends.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:47 pm

When my father was dealing with brain cancer the same thing happened except his best friend who I'll love forever. He still came over and visited even though dad's speech was affected from the operation that removed a part of his brain.

In their better days they used to act out the Who's on First Routine now and then. A couple of funny guys.

Sorry this is happening to you and your DH.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:55 pm

My mom found similar circumstances when my dad died when she was 34. Couple friends distanced themselves, so we moved away a year later for a new start. Glad you are able to find some connections online. Yes, it can be a welcome distraction from ones own daily difficulties. Hugs.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:56 pm

This forum has definitely stuck by me better than my friends. Most started over on MDA but it’s nice getting to know more of those special friends since moving here. Kinda made that downward spiral on MDA harder to take.

We’ve been battling this disease 13 years now and most friends were gone not long after dx, which took almost 3 years, then 3 years later when he was trached and vented we lost pretty much any left.

However there are 2 gentlemen from Church that come to visit DH regularly. One stopped by today. The other just turned 90 so his visits are getting less frequent as he takes care of his wife, with the help of his daughter. However the daughter is busy with her own grandchildren as well.

Pam I am sure your friend really appreciates the check in. I know those that do check in mean the world to me. It gets quite lonely.

The good news is, I just have a few things to wrap. I ran out of tissue for using bag, so have to pick that up tomorrow after the work party.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:21 am

How sweet for the 2 to come visit. Cool that the 90 yr gentleman stays active and supportive to the community and to you both.

I hope you continue to find ease through this community. I definitely will keep checking in on you.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:54 pm

Thank you HFF. Yes this community/tribe is very special to me.

I'm currently relaxing and will the rest of the evening. Tomorrow I can wrap the last of the gifts as I picked up the needed tissue.

Did my Christmas lunch for my employees and handed out their bonuses. Not sure if it will heap burning coals upon their heads or not.

We do small manuacturing and the past several years have been very tough economically. I can tell them up and down, but they don't believe me. Add to that the skyrocketing cost of health care and there is zero room in the budget. So, guess who didn't get a gift this year? Generally they all pitch in for something. There are 14 of them, so a few dollars each and it does add up. Not sure what they have collected over the years. I did find out from the one employee who still gave me a gift, that she tried to organize and got nothing but grief.

I've been mulling over ways to try and make more clear to them. The worst part is, the suspected ring leader handles orders/invoicing. She knows exactly what our sales are, I really don't know how she expects me to stretch it further than it can go. However, I'm not sure anything I do would be believable to them.

I'm seriously contemplating selling. The only issue with selling is how do I earn money to support us? The company is not worth enough to make me independantly wealthy and I'm not old enough to retire.

I'm hoping things improve this year. We will see.

time to distract myself with checking other threads
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:20 pm

NM, you are stuck between so many rocks and hard places. May wisdom lead you out.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:21 am

Sometimes people should simply be happy to have a job...employees and whining!  

Don't let the fact that they did not gift you get you down.

Many happy returns to you and DH and the rest of your family. You are still remarkable in this tribe's eyes!
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:11 am

Looks like there is a chance that the economy is going to continue improving. May well be that 2018 will be better. Your ringleader (RL) sees sales & invoices but probably doesn't see the cost side. It is a tough thing, unless you are willing to crack open your books, you won't convince 'em. I assume you are a "job shop", you might selectively allow RL to pick an order and follow the actual costs for the job, and how much overhead is involved. Explaining overhead absorption would be a big problem all on its own.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:03 pm

Employee jobs and actually running a business are entirely 2 different things. Too bad some folks can't see beyond their nose. Hope you find a solution that allows you security without great stress.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:50 pm

Rig we are a job shop of sorts. And she is not totally removed from costs as she does do some parts of purchasing on some items. And when our other gal is off, she opens invoices as well. So while she doesn’t see wage costs or taxes she does see some of the costs and yes overhead is it’s own animal.

I’ve definitely contemplated giving more info, such as this weeks sales were x and invoices that came in totaled Y. We also had payroll or rent this week to the tune of z. You do the math. Wouldn’t totally opening the books, but giving a plus/minus type thing. Then not sure about doing that either as that could create a whole different issue for her to get bees in her bonnet over.

Definitely some thought needs to be given on how to move forward, and scenarios for the consequences of any decision need to be well though thru.

Pam thank you for the support.

I’m praying that the economy does start to really flourish for us. We are usually 6 months behind whatever the news is saying at the time, good or bad.

I actually managed to sleep in this morning. Only had coffee and CO as yesterday’s eating with the party left a lot to be desired. Went until 3 before eating. Plan to do the same tomorrow due to a questionable dinner.

Then I went to work on payroll for next week and could not log on. Had to head to the office, the electric had gone out at some point and everything was off. Got that sorted, hit the grocery for a fruit basket I needed for a gift and then home to deal with the work stuff.

Finished wrapping gifts and the relaxed a bit, until I had to comfort DD. This disease of DH has done quite a number on her, poor thing has been dealing with it as a known quantity for 11 years, from 12 to now 23. Then she finally settled and I was able to relax a bit more

Her DBF came over and he cooked dinner for us. Parts of it left overs from yesterday. Then they went out for a bit and I watched the Pens with DH. That was a waste.

I also started a new book and knitted a bit

Time to finish up here and get some rest. Big day tomorrow.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum