Rig D's 2018 weight and health campaign

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

Rig D's 2018 weight and health campaign - Page 9 Empty Re: Rig D's 2018 weight and health campaign

Post by Rig D on Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:28 pm

PPam: No, there is no second chance, but there is the opportunity to redeem their crappy business ethics. If they come back and finish getting the trunk down to near ground level, get the large pieces cut to manageable size (LEQ 3ft long) and stacked, I'll gladly pay them their fee, excluding the stump removal charge, and my stop payment fee from the bank. The ball is definitely in their court, right now they are pissing away a lot of $.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Rig D's 2018 weight and health campaign - Page 9 Empty Re: Rig D's 2018 weight and health campaign

Post by perennialpam on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:22 am

I still hope they come back.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:21 am

Tree service showed up y'day evening around 7PM and finished taking the tree down to near ground level, they finished up around 9:15. Supposedly will be back over the weekend to grind down the stump.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:03 pm

And the customer for the WIN! Smile Yeah!
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:22 pm

Rig D wrote:Tree service showed up y'day evening around 7PM and finished taking the tree down to near ground level, they finished up around 9:15. Supposedly will be back over the weekend to grind down the stump.

And I am sure the payment is waiting until the stump is ground.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:45 pm

Good.  Glad they showed up.  Too bad for the stopping the check.  You should subtract that from your next check, if you write one.

Last edited by perennialpam on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:01 pm

Rig, happy to hear you rope tightening worked. Maybe they will think twice in the future. If they are really out to scam, they’ll start asking for payment upfront.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:32 am

So, did they actually show up for the stump?

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:31 am

Week 18 update Weight: 243.25  Down 0.5

A modest move in the right direction. Hopefully I'm back on track and will see better results in the next few weeks. Food this week was OK, no big deviations from plan. Exercise was mainly Air-Dyne, but I've had a number of house maintenance tasks that have contributed. Very little work with the weights. I have added in some leg exercises, especially squats to try and strengthen things up prior to next month's TKR.

We went for a hike in a new park near us this week, it was opened late last year and we had not visited yet. It was quite nice, surprisingly hilly. The main park entrance is in a flat meadow, and the main road running by the park also shows a very flat area. We did a modest 1.5 miles, and my left knee was getting pretty sore by the time we finished. And it was tender and gave me a few pain jolts the next day in addition to being unusually stiff. I fear the cortisone shot I got last month is already wearing off.

We have had several days of hot temps and heavy rain in the afternoons. We have turned the AC back on “for a while.” I noticed my gutters were not draining well, and that I was getting overflow from the gutters all along the length. We have a ranch home with a low roof, but it is still up n down the ladder numerous times to clean them out. I had put cheap plastic “gutter guards” on the back of the house where the massive tree contributed many leaves to the clog effort, but it didn't help that on either end of the gutter run where the down pipes are the birds had found openings under the guards and had deposited massive amounts of sticks and other nest building stuff, right over the downspouts.  With the big tree being gone, I've taken the gutter covers off, they never worked as well as they should have, they didn't handle the high volume rains well at all.

The big tree is finally down.  The last two cuts the tree guys made left us with two massive slabs that I think would make interesting table tops for someone's casual eating table. They are intriguing because the tree looks to have really been 4 trees that grew up together. There are definitely separate sets of concentric growth rings all jammed together and sharing a common exterior layer of bark.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:21 pm

Good job on the health progress! Smile even a 1/2 pound down is going in the right direction.

The tree round sounds like it would make a really great table top! Take a pic and put it on Craigslist or FB Market. I'm sure someone will snatch it up. And extra cash in the pocket for you!
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:26 pm

Rig - awesome loss. Happy hear things are again going the right way.

Glad you could explore the new trail and something to look forward to next summer when you’ll really be up for it. Good job on the Airdyne and squats as well.

So sorry you had to be up and down the latter so much. Mine probably need looked at as well, although not many trees here at the moment.

Those slabs sound awesome. I agree with Tomi, if you’re not going to make a table top, give selling them a go.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:19 am

Happy Father's Day Rig.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:21 pm

Happy Father’s Day - I hope it was awesome!
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:59 am

Week 19 update Weight: 241 Down 2.25
Note: I'm sure I posted this yesterday, but it isn't there. so here is my second try.

A good week, I'm happy that I'm now at a weekly low since starting this campaign. I'm again feeling “heavy”, so I expect the weight to continue falling off a decent pace, fingers crossed. I've been pretty good on food this week, have had moderate exercise, I still need to pick this up some and do more.

I changed the blade on my mower and cut the grass yesterday. New blade made a noticeable difference in the cut quality and ease of mowing, and it is a good thing. It has been very hot, +90 degrees and humid the last couple of days and will go at least through today. It took me a longer time to cut, had to take several cool down breaks and to wring out my head sweat band.

Today will be a challenge, not only hot (mid 90's) and humid, but today I'm helping son T move into another house. The move is only about 10 miles,I'm not sure how much is left to do, but he's got a U-haul lined up, so it will be moving the big stuff and should be a pretty intensive day. The “crew” will be him, me, two grandsons and new GF and possibly a couple of his friends, but they have conflicts so not sure about their showing up.

Instant Pot fans: My daughter K sent me a recipe book for Father's day. It is a 8 ½ x 11 inch paperback, ingeniously titled “The Keto Instant Pot Cookbook” by Urvashi Pitre. K has been using it for a few months now and has nothing but good things to say about it. I've skimmed over a few of the recipes, and it looks like the instructions are very adequate, even for an IP newby like me. It also seems to be well organized.

PPam: Thanks, I think it will be a good day, probably capped by a celebratory brewski or two at the end of the move.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:09 am

Moving people is my specialty. Having me around helps with crankiness. haha

Good luck with the move considering this weather. Awful.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:10 am

Moving people is my specialty.  Having me around helps with crankiness.  haha

Good luck with the move considering this weather.  Awful.

And congratulations for sticking with your diet plan and having a huge loss. Good for you.

The cookbook sounds good. And the IP is so great to use during this heat wave. I may pick up that book. Thanks for the info.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:30 am

Yesterday was an exhausting Father's day. It was pretty much an all day effort moving T's stuff to his new home. Our moving crew was T, his 15 yo son, his new GF, and me. His 10 yo son tried to help but faded fast in the heat and wasn't much help. It was fortunate that I had a hand truck and some moving dollies, he has a bunch of quite heavy and awkward stuff and I don't think we would have made it without the tools. I was lucky in that my left knee held up well, it was bothering me by day's end but was not bad at all. The day was hot, 93 and the AC in T's old house was not working, so it was really miserable. We all took frequent breaks and drank tons of water, none of which showed up in bathroom runs, it was all sweated out.  Even with all the water consumption, I lost nearly 6 lbs from start to finish.

We didn't get it all done, but the only things left, with one big exception are all small, light, and trivial stuff that can be moved over in cars over the next few days. The big exception is moving his three fish tanks, both boys have one and the third is his big one, it is about 2 1/2 ft tall and nearly 4 ft long, 18 inches width. Getting that thing emptied, the fish moved and refilled will be a huge task, and it is all his to do as he knows what must be done to ensure the fish and the tanks all survive the move.

I went to sleep on the couch around 10, woke up around 11 and went to bed, and woke up this around 8 am. It has been a long, long time since I've slept that long. Surprisingly, today I feel pretty good, I can tell I did a lot, but don't really have any sore muscles.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:54 am

Moving is such a big chore; I don't wish it on anyone. But I'm glad your knee fared well. We've also moved fish tanks in the past. They're definitely hard to do. My son has always had a tank and, like you, we've always left it to him to ensure survival of both the fish and tank.

Congrats on the loss! It seems you are back on track! Now that, at least, has to have you smiling. Very Happy

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:12 pm

I have the 3.5 quart IP. Perfect size for just the two of us. I'm getting used to it - but definitely need to use it more. I made an awesome chicken curry last week.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:28 pm

Sounds like a long and hard, yet satisfying day. As a desk jockey, I love days when I work hard physically and then can actually see what I've accomplished. An empty house or mowed grass both count.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:57 pm

Rig, congrats on the awesome loss. Fantastic. This will also help,the TKR recovery.

Man I can’t believe you moved in this heat. Just plain miserable any way you slice it. Great job on getting it done w/o the knee bothering you too much.

Maybe you can keep a little of the water loss for next weeks WI Smile
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:26 am

Hope the rest of the move went smoothly too as well as your weight and health campaign for this week. Smile

Self-acceptance doesn’t mean that you’re no longer allowed to change anything about yourself. It means that you love yourself without condition, regardless of your flaws; that you can be both okay with yourself and committed to change, at the same time. - Sean Croxton
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:57 am

Week 20 update Weight: 242 Up 1 Crying or Very sad  
It appears I may have entered one of the dreaded plateaus. Not a good time to do so, I wanted to be around 235 before going in for knee surgery in a few weeks. Doesn't look like I'll get there.

My younger son S is here for nearly a week while waiting on the next trimester at Palmer to start. He hasn't been home for about a year, so it is very good to have him back. The downside is that while he's here, my wife will be in overdrive providing super tasty big dinners and desserts. Last night was Mom's pasghetti with strawberries & whipped cream for dessert. And despite good intentions going in, I over ate substantially.  I hope to partially offset my “see food” dinner diet by doing IF and only eating dinner. Probably won't help much. We'll have both sons over tonight for Mexican chicken, another of S's favorites.

I provided incremental muscle for T to move his aquariums and fish on Tuesday. It went well, he got Leroy, the king of the big tank, out and had it pretty much drained when I got there. Murphy did strike, although T had measured the case the aquarium sits on and matched it to his rear door on his car three times,  we could not get it in the back seat. He failed to account for the length of the case and we couldn't square it up enough to go straight in, the door would not open wide enough. Ended up with it in his trunk, wedged and tied in place, with about 2/3 of it hanging out.  He is all moved in, S went over y'day to help with some last minute stuff. All my gear is still at his new place, I'll wait another week or so for him to settle in then will go reclaim dollies, hand trucks, and other stuff.  He doesn't have to fuss with anything yard wise other than cutting the grass, so at his urging, I've reclaimed a lot of the shared yard tools I inherited from my uncle about 35 years ago. Most are real antiques, and very heavy duty. I am happy to have 'em back, although finding storage in the garage is a big issue.

My daughter L is off to Switzerland later this week for vacation. She's visiting one of her "gang of 5" HS buddies who works for some branch of the UN and whose husband is doing very advanced computer & genetic stuff. They live just outside of Geneva.

Ontario: some time back you asked if the tree guys ever came back to finish the stump removal. The answer is no. I've paid them for the work they did, and will pursue other options for getting the stump out. No rush to get it done. I'm just happy that I don't need to worry any more about a giant maple tree crushing the house.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:05 pm

Well, that sucks about the plateau. But what can you do? And your wife certainly isn't helping going into "mom mode" with all the cooking. But I completely understand her! It's VERY hard not to want to just do for your kids when you have them. She sounds like a great mom.

Ontario: some time back you asked if the tree guys ever came back to finish the stump removal. The answer is no. I've paid them for the work they did, and will pursue other options for getting the stump out. No rush to get it done. I'm just happy that I don't need to worry any more about a giant maple tree crushing the house.

I'm not sure how tall your stump is (okay, that sounded weird! LOL!) but here, in my city, there is a local artist that takes a chain saw to a stump and turn it into a nice piece of art. Point is - maybe you could incorporate it into your yard somehow.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:54 pm

The crew cut it down to close to ground level, so I don't see much opportunity to do anything with it. I'm experimenting with trying to burn it to below ground level. We'll see how that goes.

Remember country singer Roger Miller's King of the Road? "Short but not too big around." Which isn't quite right, it is pretty darn big around.

Yes, M is a great Mom. I think it says something when all your thirty somethings are still calling Mom for food prep, decorating, paint color choices, whatever advice. I get to chip in my nickel's worth on some items, but she is the main "font of wisdom."
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum