Post by Pedidoc on Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:41 am

Sounds like a productive day.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Down & Dirty

Post by Lovebird on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:11 am

Thanks! Coming from you that's a great compliment. Very Happy

Since the last entry I've had a cup of tea and a few bites of scrambled eggs. Not enough veggies, I know.

We're having sausage with spinach and onions for dinner later today.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:27 am

I did the test. No wonder people are sometimes scared of me. I think I am scared of me.

ESTJ-A

Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:42 am

I once worked for an outfit that went way overboard on the Meyers Briggs stuff. All us managers took a training class in it and self assessed. And then the company tried to use it to help out in making decisions on staffing and who does what. Didn't work so well. I'd suggest you look at your outcomes, see if anything in there looks out of whatck or needs attention, then file 'em away and carry on.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:56 pm

Annie:  

I find you to be a wonderful person.  Refer to below:

ESTJs generally have the following traits:
Natural leaders – they like to be in charge
Value security and tradition
Loyal
Hard-working and dependable
Athletic and wholesome
Have a clear set of standards and beliefs that they live by
No patience with incompetence or inefficiency
Excellent organizational abilities
Enjoy creating order and structure
Very thorough
Will follow projects through to completion
Straight-forward and honest
Driven to fulfill their duties

And, Colin Macleod, Wow in so many ways.

Thanks LB
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:00 pm

Rig D wrote:I'd suggest you look at your outcomes, see if anything in there looks out of whatck or needs attention, then file 'em away and carry on.

Come on Rig... fill us in on your score... Very Happy See if it fits with the rhino.

There is no test that can tell you everything there is to know about a person. As much as I agree with most of the info given on my type, I'm far more organized than that and less inclined to jump into uncertainty, even though I answered the questions honestly.

I did the test. No wonder people are sometimes scared of me. I think I am scared of me.

ESTJ-A

Hey Annie, nice to see an extrovert show up too! We need strong people like that. And assertive as well. Wink

And, Colin Macleod, Wow in so many ways.

Thanks LB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqGXXlsD0Po

It was so nice to know he usually plays with a band and they have such fun together...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:17 pm

The little caricature of the woman fiercely saying words to the effect of "Obviously someone has got to do something about this!!!!" is so ME. I can't find it again now.

I don't really think of myself as extroverted, but it definitely came out that way.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:50 am

Sorry. Too little info for me to go on this time Annie. scratch

I just realized I haven't eaten anything yet. Busy and not hungry at all. Just 1 coffee. Planning/phonecalls/appointments... time flew.

Quick visit to the store to get some groceries. Smile Nice green veggies (asparagus/broccoli/brussels) to go with the Boston butt and whatever I pick up tomorrow at the other store and/or what's in the freezer. Got some chicken wings as well. Smile And there are some sweet potatoes to prepare...

Need to focus on drinking more water and getting more sleep. DH was home for a week and a half, so there's plenty of catching up to do.

Checking internet for new (free) antivirus software. Thinking about Avira. Anyone familiar with it? Got to ask DS about it as well.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:55 am

Chicken wings & sweet potato fries (oven), bbq ranch dip and cucumber slices for dinner.

All pretty basic, wings with butter, paprika & hot sauce/potatoes peeled and cut into fries, tossed with avocado oil and salt/bbq ranch dip according to recipe. Wink

First time for the sweet potatoes as well as the ranch dip. Cool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:24 pm

Wings...you're making me hungry. And sweet potato fries....ack! Now I need a meal!

Thanks for that! Laughing

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:30 pm

You're welcome!

I would share but alas, the only thing still available is about half of the dip... not that it wasn't good, on the contrary, but a bit much for the 2 of us.

Enjoy your meal!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:08 am

Annieh wrote:The little caricature of the woman fiercely saying words to the effect of "Obviously someone has got to do something about this!!!!" is so ME.  I can't find it again now.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:11 am

Guess I've found the secret to IF without any significant hunger... just stay busy (and out of the kitchen)... which undoubtedly explains Pedidoc's success with fasting. Smile

Put on the Timberlands earlier as it appeared somewhat slippery outside, to get more groceries (yes, on foot, carrying more or less heavy things. Why? Because I can. Razz And it takes care of some of the movement and fresh air for the day). Must sounds pretty weird to most Americans that can't get anything without taking the car. Heck, it even sounds silly to most people here! LOL I like it, unless it's raining cats and dogs...

Got a pretty bouquet of flowers as well with lovely roses in two different shades, dark red and bi-colour like these:

It's cold outside yet sunny, so I think I'll go for a walk in the park. Just for fun. Very Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:34 am

LB I’m with you on walking to get supplies. Definitely not in the city, but closer than some on here probably. We have a Walmart about 1/2 mile away and as long as someone is here with DH and it’s not pouring, I will do the same. Definitely Italy ticks a few boxes in the process. Good for you
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:59 am

Guess I've found the secret to IF without any significant hunger... just stay busy (and out of the kitchen)... which undoubtedly explains Pedidoc's success with fasting. Smile

HA, HA yup that sums it up!!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:12 am

For all that I generally love exercise for exercise sake, I too really like walking for errands. A good number of my midday walks involve picking up some groceries or something else needed at home. Since the stores are close to the office, I simply pick a roundabout way to get there.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:55 am

Thanks for the visit ladies. Nice to know I'm not alone in this. Very Happy

Pork butt with potatoes and sauteed asparagus for dinner.

Some leftovers for tomorrow. Surprised

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:55 pm

Happiness, like most things, is a skill.

1. Gratitude
2. A Good Night’s Sleep
3. Exercise
4. Meditation
5. Do Deep Work

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:56 am

I might change exercise to either "Play" or "Movement". Exercise can be a drag, but play or movement - that's something to work into your day in order to feel joy.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:17 pm

Meant2Move wrote:I might change exercise to either "Play" or "Movement".  Exercise can be a drag, but play or movement - that's something to work into your day in order to feel joy.

Great idea. I think I'm stealing this!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:15 am

I'm always assessing if I can walk for errands and sometimes I, sadly, have to drive. I really enjoy walking in the rain.  Makes it feel like I'm visiting another city.  I'm a Pluviophile , the wonderful smell of wet earth goes to my head and Heart.  Petrichor and geosmin are now in my vocabulary.  Very Happy

Indeed, I am learning those skills of contentment and am crystal aware of the importance of gratitude.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:37 am

Meant2Move wrote:I might change exercise to either "Play" or "Movement".  Exercise can be a drag, but play or movement - that's something to work into your day in order to feel joy.

Semantics... no I agree with that notion, just c/p'd without any corrections to remind me.  Wink

Heuristicfireflower wrote:I really enjoy walking in the rain.

So do I. Especially when I don't have to carry a sack of potatoes home... and when it's not pouring down like there's no tomorrow...  Laughing

Heuristicfireflower wrote:Indeed, I am learning those skills of contentment and am crystal aware of the importance of gratitude.

Being grateful for what you have is key to change.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:37 am

I read a new post this week on a site I frequently visit (health related) that for some reason piqued my interest... forgot to c/p it or save the link as I normally do, searched for it later as I wanted to check on the details again and it was gone. Sad They simply took it down. Rolling Eyes

Of course I managed to find and save the cache... duh... but it raises the question as to why they removed it. Not even sure why I'm drawn to the proposed protocol at the moment. Just that I am.

They use the word 'movement' there as well M2M. Wink

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:33 am

Since nobody's interested I won't bother explaining... Sad

Duck breast with brussel sprouts and Roseval potatoes for dinner.

Found a different kind of sweet potatoes in the store, white instead of orange on the inside. Not sure whether they are the Japanese kind I was looking for though...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:53 am

I agree with you on the happiness list. I think gratitude is so important. I grew up with nothing and crappy parents so I am grateful every day for my beautiful home, food on my table, and my truly wonderful family. And at the end of days that's all that's really needed for a happy life.

It's pretty hard to walk for groceries in my city. We're lucky in that we do have the ability to walk to the Walmart Supercentre, clothing stores, Canadian Tire (hardware store), etc. But I would say that 90% of Ontarians probably have to take transportation to buy groceries. Our cities are just so sprawled out. However, this also the advantage of living in North America - we have a lot of land space per capita. And that makes for a very pretty landscape. Heck, most of our cities are beautiful with lots of trees, parks, and green space. We even have a forest smack in the middle of our subdivision. Most subdivisions in my city are like this.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next