Deep Down & Dirty

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Re: Deep Down & Dirty

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:28 pm

Really hope that rain comes! We are inundated with smoke from nearby and distant wildfires, and it is hot. Shared misery doesn't really love company though - I'd wish for better for you and everyone else who is suffering.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:31 pm

Same is happening here. Blistering high temps (well, for the PNW anyway) and wildfires all over the state. The air is clear this morning, but a change in the air flow brings in the smoke. The world needs a good dousing of rain to end these fires!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LoonieJ on Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:30 pm

If I prayed, I'd pray for rain fersure.

Did grocery shopping today. Even though everything is air conditioned, my ass was still dragging by the time we got home. Small switch for this heat - more fish and chicken than beef.

So, this is what we do... At midnight, everyone get naked and do a rain dance in her/his yard.

LoonieJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:11 am

LoonieJ wrote:Small switch for this heat - more fish and chicken than beef.

This is something I do without thinking when the temps go up, plus more seafood. Smile What I liked about the 'no cook dinner options' I posted in your recipe thread, is the simplicity of most of them. Just make sure you have plenty of fresh ingredients at home (summer tomatoes, avocado, cucumber etc.) and quick to cook/precooked proteins and some deli stuff (cheese/olives) plus some sort of salsa/sour cream, put it on a plate and enjoy. Then again, that's how I cook most of the time...  other than stews/curries... Wink

LoonieJ wrote:So, this is what we do... At midnight, everyone get naked and do a rain dance in her/his yard.

I would have danced naked in the backyard in the middle of the night out of sheer joy for the falling rain, had there not also been thunder & lightning... Very Happy

Meant2Move & Tomi: hope everyone gets plenty of rain soon to make up for the continuous heatwaves/drought.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:59 am

I would have danced naked in the backyard in the middle of the night out of sheer joy for the falling rain, had there not also been thunder & lightning... Very Happy

That's too bad - I'm sure most of us would have paid to see video of that. Laughing

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:37 pm

I'm in a different hemisphere, but we are desperate for rain as well! I often dance in the yard at night, however I do so well clothed. Too cold for nudity. Cool
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm

I did my best to make it rain today - took a walk under threatening skies. Alas, nothing major, just more lightning. Better chances tomorrow. It will come!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:33 am

Thursday we merely got the forecasted rain, plus thunder & lightning, not continuously, but plenty. Nice drop in temps as well.
Unlike other areas where the streets and/or several campsides (South of France) got flooded as it got stormy too... Sad

Right now we're back at dog day temps, however the nights at least cool down again.

Last night we had a really nice dinner of slowly grilled red bell peppers & aubergine (eggplant) with merguez lamb sausages & a simple potato mash. Very Happy
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:07 am

Glad to hear it’s cooled off a bit, at least at night. Always more pleasant to sleep that way.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:55 am

Yep.  Very Happy Monday & Thursday next week we're (supposedly) gonna get more rain and after that should stay at 25 C/77 F during the day, which is plenty for me. Smile

Last year this one was rather interesting: https://www.functionaloralhealthsummit.com/

For those that read about her book at M2M's journal, Cait Flanders' blog: https://caitflanders.com/
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:06 am

Sounds like really pretty weather for you LB. Haven’t looked at our forecast yet. Enjoy
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:33 pm

It's back... after so many years... Very Happy

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:37 pm

Not much to tell... it's been raining pretty much all day... took care of all kinds of chores (mostly indoors) and read a book inbetween. So, a good day, aside from a slightly achy throat & a few sneezes here and there. No intention of jinxing it, but that's usually pretty much it and it should be gone soon. I hope.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:47 pm

Sorry you're feeling a bit under the weather. Hoping it passes quickly.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:38 pm

So sorry to hear you’re a touch under the weather, here’s hoping it passes quickly.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:33 am

Thanks for the well wishes, Tomi & Sue. The price one pays for too many short nights in a row (and perhaps the a/c as it disturbs my sleep due to the noise (and dries the sinuses), but the coolness is so nice when it's needed, double edged sword).

Then again, when everyone and their dogs was down with the flu last winter (and it was a lasting one as well...) we merely had a similar issue like now. Which was good as my Mom was one of the patients and therefore I could give care to her.

That being said, I do need to watch my rest better...
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:53 am

Started yesterday, but didn't get any info before just now: https://theaddictionsummit.com/

Busy day ahead, as you can see by the time I'm up/checking the forum. Hope everyone has a great day!
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:48 am

Happy to hear that you feel this is all from AC and lack of sleep. Hoping you have a better day today.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:55 am

Even though I put the plan of becoming a health coach on hold, I've still signed up for 2 courses... as it doesn't hurt to learn more about what interests me, even if it won't pay any bills. Maybe someday...

On another note: I've been going to bed much earlier these last few days... read a few pages in a book instead of trying to catch up on fun stuff before getting my zzzzz's. Boring, but better for me.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:00 am

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:31 am

Are you going for the health coach training through MDA? It seems that almost every Success Story lately has been from someone involved in their program.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:33 pm

Rig D wrote:Are you going for the health coach training through MDA? It seems that almost every Success Story lately has been from someone involved in their program.

Nope. As much as I appreciate that people are so happy with their results they want everyone else to 'see the light' I've never considered the MDA health coach training at all. Ofcourse I acknowledge there's value in the Primal Blueprint Smile but I'd like to reach more people and give them a chance to change whatever is holding them back from reaching what they want/need and therefore need a certificate that has value here, which is exactly why plans are on hold right now.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:11 am

To remind myself (and perhaps others):

“The French do not frequent “health food” stores. They eat whatever tastes good and they follow traditional pairings and courses. Their tastebuds have figured it all out.

What nobody seems to have noticed is that the French diet is engineered to inhibit the absorption of iron and scavenge its free radicals. Tea, coffee, cocoa, wine phenolics/tannins, eggs, chocolate and cheese are all well known to inhibit non-heme iron. The fondue, cream sauce or cheese course at the end of the meal inhibits heme and non-heme iron. Various forms of cooking transform some heme iron into non-heme iron. Wine does contain iron, and alcohol does improve iron absorption, however red wine phenolics reduce lipid peroxidation, and can inhibit iron absorption, especially when the alcohol is cooked off. The darker and higher the heme content of the meat, the more tannins and phenolics we crave to pair them with. Hollandaise sauce, red wine reductions, chocolate, cheese, spices like rosemary—they all inhibit iron absorption. It’s not intentional—tastebuds crave these kinds of food combinations.

Chocolate is an excellent source of iron-scavening phytates, polyphenols, and high in micronutrients like manganese and copper.”

https://freetheanimal.com/2015/06/en...verything.html

Posted this at MDA April last year.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:00 am

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:00 am