Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Porky Goodness

4 posters

Go down

Porky Goodness Empty Porky Goodness

Post by The Walrus Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:06 pm

Pork. It's what's for dinner...and lunch...and snacks. Is there anything better than pork? Maybe beef rib roast, which is oh so much pricier. Anyway, I love pork and my Instant Pot makes it REALLY easy to love pork. I just made the recipe from MDA last Saturday - IP Pork and Kale Salad I made the pork as in the recipe, and I was very pleasantly surprised. I had not used coconut milk before for this purpose, and it goes very nicely. The meat is well flavored, and a change from the kahlua pork that I normally make. I didn't make a kale salad, however, because kale doesn't me at all. I made a cabbage and fennel slaw instead, which went very nicely. I found that the dressing as written is not acidic enough, and rather bland so I added some white balsamic and was much happier. All in all a really nice meal and just a bit different than my usual IP pork.

So - if you have any pork recipes you'd like to share, I'm interested! My pork chops never seem to taste as good as I think they will - often bland or tough. Hmmm. Any hints?
The Walrus
The Walrus

Back to top Go down

Porky Goodness Empty Re: Porky Goodness

Post by Narrowminded Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:24 am

Walrus - not sure if you were on the thread, but I just did pork chops with a pork rind and herb coating, then sautéed in avacado oil.

Crush the pork rinds, add your fav herbs, I used savory with a little heat. Then dip in an egg wash, into the rinds, and into the hot oil. YUM
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LoonieJ Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:35 am

I haven't tried this, but it looks good: https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-perfect-pork-chops-in-the-oven-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-194257?utm_source=k_welcome&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=03172018&recip_id=1564661

When I had a Cuisinart Griddler, I used to get good results. I think it's because it heats the chops from both sides, so they're ready in very little time on the heat.

The reason our moms' and grandmoms' chops came out so succulent and today's come out tough is the whole low fat movement. The pigs are actually less fatty than they were 30+ years ago. It's a danged cryin' shame. pig pig pig
LoonieJ
LoonieJ

Back to top Go down

Post by breadsauce Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:41 am

I've been cooking pork fillets (tenderloin) recently using a sous vide circulator. Rubbed with garlic salt, smoked paprika and a sprig of rosemary then put in the water bath at 56°C for 3 hours then dried and seared quickly in a cast iron pan  - it is mind blowingly good!

breadsauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum