Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heart Rate Variability - FitBit metrics

3 posters

Go down

Heart Rate Variability - FitBit metrics Empty Heart Rate Variability - FitBit metrics

Post by ONTARIO Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:12 pm

Would anyone with a FitBit care to share their heart metrics with me? Also, if you share could you also include your age (as this affects the metric). I am most interested in your Heart Rate Variability.

Mine is 37 which is very low for my age and gender (higher is better). As someone who follows a healthy lifestyle and gets moderate exercise and is generally good mentally (low stress, no anxiety) I was surprised by my data. I did some research and apparently both Lyme and MS can affect HRV. It makes sense as it’s part of your autonomic nervous system.

Just wondering where others are in this metric. You can find it under the heart area on your FitBit app.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Heart Rate Variability - FitBit metrics Empty Re: Heart Rate Variability - FitBit metrics

Post by Narrowminded Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:49 pm

Ontario, My Apple watch has my average for the week 23ms. Not sure exactly what the ms stands for but that's the unit is uses. So depending I may be lower than you. I'm 59. Hope this helps.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Heart Rate Variability - FitBit metrics Empty Re: Heart Rate Variability - FitBit metrics

Post by Pedidoc Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:14 pm

MS= milliseconds. My weekly average is 28ms. HRV is a measure of the variation in the time between heart beats. Today my average is 42ms.

Last edited by Pedidoc on Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:19 am

Thanks ladies. It appears mine is not far off from either of your. That makes me feel better!

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:50 pm

I did a bit of research on it today. Not as much as I'd like, but enough to know what I need to work on: Sleep - getting more, Exercise - ditto, and reducing stress. Also deep breathing is supposed to help with it as well.

I did watch a short youtube vid by Thomas DeLauer on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k3mdAPmIdo

Does a decent job of explaining it with studies connected.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:18 am

Sorry, Narrowminded. Another rabbit hole to explore. Heart Rate Variability - FitBit metrics 1f606

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:12 pm

I did some more digging with my HRV stats. I went back and noticed a trend. It goes down on weekends. During the week it's about 60ish. The weekend it's in the 30s. Apparently alcohol lowers it. The only time I drink (and just a drink or two - usually wine) is on the weekend. So, there ya go. It's the alcohol. During the week i'm in the 75th percentile for my age and sex.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:01 pm

You are doing better than I. Mine does change too, but I can definitely see a stress connetion during the day. At night, not sure what would lower it then.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down