Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People are posting pictures but I can't see them.

5 posters

Go down

People are posting pictures but I can't see them. Empty People are posting pictures but I can't see them.

Post by Annieh Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:33 am

What do I need to do?

Also, how would I post a pic myself?
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

People are posting pictures but I can't see them. Empty Re: People are posting pictures but I can't see them.

Post by Rig D Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:32 am

I posted a jpg using this forum's tools and it showed up. Can you see it on the "any way to put newer posts on top" thread?

I don't see a way to post a file directly from your PC to the forum.  It looks like your pic/image needs to reside on the web already.

I've never put images on the web, so I used a 2 step process. Click the
"host an image" icon (first in "youtube" section immediately above the text entry area, mouseover for description). Use the green select button to id and pull the files you want into the window then then click the send all.   On your first use this will create an account for you on servimg.com. It also gives you the url for the files you have.

Once your image is on the web you now click the "insert image" button, beside the "host an image" . Give it the web address of the file you just created and click insert.  Done.

FWIW: The account created for me on servimg.com is as yet a mystery. They emailed me info on logging into it, I couldn't get it to work, requested a new password and am OK getting in now.

Last edited by Rig D on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

People are posting pictures but I can't see them. Empty Re: People are posting pictures but I can't see them.

Post by Pedidoc Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:14 am

I'm slower than the average bear with all things tech. I can get to my profile (using iPad and laptop and yes I'm showing logged in), but I can not edit it to add an aviator or change the alert notifications. I'd also like to change to see new posts first if that option is available. I've tried what I can, followed the previously posted instructions and still have had no luck. Thank you to all who attempt to help this old bear learn a new trick.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:49 am

Pedidoc -- I just added an avatar and it went smoothly.
So let's walk the process and see where you are losing out. (Not trying to insult you with this step by step approach, but don't have a clue where the process is failing.)

1. Go to edit profile. (at the top, Click "welcome <user>", then click edit profile on the pulldown)

2. The edit profile page should open on the Preferences tab. Right above the blue bar with Preferences is a list of tabs going across, Avatar should show on that (4th). Click that

3. On the Avatar page, just scroll down to either pick a picture on your PC which you can select using the blue "browse" button off to the right. Or input a web address below that line, or pick a pic from the gallery at the bottom.

4 Click Save. That should do it. Check it by loading or refreshing any page you have open where you've posted.
---
The newest post thing is controlled by Ontario at a forum topic or site level and can't be changed by individual users. There's been a lot of discussion on which way to go on this thread:
primalforums.forumotion.com/t26-any-way-to-put-newest-posts-on-top
It looks like you are in the minority, most everyone seems to like "oldest first". I've got a post in that thread showing how to open the thread to see the latest post. Not sure what issues you might have with your Ipad.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by srinath_69 Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:59 am

RigD - Love your avatar.

srinath_69

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:02 am

Thank you.
From my high school football years forward, one of my nicknames was "the rhino", it reflected my football style as a defensive lineman, my body build, and the fact that I'm blind as a bat.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:07 am

RigD is officially the resident how-do-I-do-this support tech. Laughing

See what you did to yourself?! Razz

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:21 am

Ontario -- See my PM on "HOW TO" stuff.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:58 pm

Thanks, Rig D. I will give you a report when I'm back at my laptop. Nothing works the same from an iPad.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:01 pm

It was my browser!

Changed from Safari to google chrome and now I can see your awesome rhino.

Also, I made my avatar a small spray of clematis.

Last edited by Annieh on Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:12 pm

Annieh wrote:It was my browser!

Changed to google chrome and now I can see your awesome rhino.

Also, I made my avatar a small spray of clematis.

There ya' go! See, you figured it out! Yes, one browser over another can make all the difference. Glad you got it figured out.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:53 am

Rig D, thank you for all of your tech help. Once I sat down and really looked at what was going on I realized downloading the website might help. Magically all the buttons are there! Very Happy
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down