Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No tracking at all. Who does this?

5 posters

Go down

No tracking at all. Who does this? Empty No tracking at all. Who does this?

Post by ONTARIO Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:13 pm

Does anyone here not track any nutrients, foods and any other thing they put in their mouths? I track. I have usually always tracked food. I am wondering if not tracking foods but just focusing on food quality makes you less stressed about food? And, as others pointed out in a different post of mine, stress affects hormones which affect weight. I am trying to find ways to have as little stress and extra "thinking" as possible.

Who does not track AT ALL? And, does it work for you? How does it work for you? How does it NOT work for you?

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

No tracking at all. Who does this? Empty Re: No tracking at all. Who does this?

Post by Rig D Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:10 pm

I don't track, if tracking means counting cals, carbs, fat and protein grams. I try and follow the Primal program and understand what foods are "good uns" and which are "bad uns" and pretty much eat accordingly without measuring and counting stuff.

Perhaps it doesn't work all that well for me as I've been pretty much steady state weight for a long time, and it is not where I would like it to be. However, the hassle of tracking it all is just too off-putting.

I do find that if I closely adhere to my advice on eating only when hungry, and never eating until "full" things go much better.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:28 pm

I do not track. I know what I should eat and if I follow keto, I loose. I get lazy especially when traveling.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:15 pm

The year I lost all of my weight I did not track at all. I just stuck mostly to the W30 principles and it worked like a dream. Of course if you leave the straight an narrow it takes you down another path that only leads upward in weight. I'm still trying to get my mind right with those principles again to get my gain back off.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:58 am

I have never tracked my weight regularly, though I will hop on the scales at my parents place from time to time.

When I was learning the primal principles, I used to track my food and my workouts. I also used to track my measurements almost daily but I no longer do so. While I was living this way I was in fact exceptionally healthy, strong and not fat. However, it was pretty much all I thought about.

Now, I do not track my food. I know perfectly well that a licorice bar does not meet the guidelines, so I see no point in tracking whether or not I eat one. Overall, I can tell when I am "doing it right" and when I am not, by the way my clothes fit (or not) and by the way I feel.

Basically, at the moment I am NOT "doing it right" to the extent of getting the results I used to.

However, the most problematic issues - bloating, sugar crashes and the worst of the moodiness, insomnia, night sweats - have remained minimal for years now, and so the few extra kilos do not bother me enough to get strict on myself again.

I am probably too comfortable with my average results from my average efforts, but maintaining self supervision at that intense level was not sustainable or desirable for me.

Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down