Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COVID-19 news & status

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

Go down

COVID-19 news & status - Page 29 Empty Re: COVID-19 news & status

Post by Narrowminded Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:02 pm

Thank you for the article Rig. It does make me angry even though I've expected this. Since it's in New York, you can bet your bottom dollar it will be in my state very soon.

We will see, if my intuition plays out. I'm guessing this is going to show up in the states that have the worst record getting vaccines done before anywhere else.

But remember the vaccines are not "mandated"
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:28 am

On the other end of the spectrum, Desantis in Florida is saying no vax passports:
https://thefederalist.com/2021/03/29/ron-desantis-vows-to-ban-vaccine-passports-slams-them-as-totally-unacceptable/

With the current definitions and terminology, the MRNA shots can't be mandated as they technically are not vaccines, they are experimental gene therapy. But give Jo~Bid~n a little time to "correct" that.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:43 pm

Thanks Rig. I doubt Canada will go for vaccine passports. It goes against our Charter. It would take an act of parliament and the blessing of The Queen to change it. However, that being said, nothing would surprise me at this point. A bunch of fear-driven lunatics out there, I tell ya'.

Dougie (Ford) our Premier just said, "Don't make any Easter plans, folks". He's making an announcement tomorrow. I would bet my net worth we're getting locked down again.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:09 pm

Yeah, I think "they" are ramping up for a whole new fear campaign. I'm hoping average Joe and Jane have about had enough.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:27 pm

Happy to hear DeSantis has his head on straight for now.

Ontario I hope you don't get locked down again.

Rig I hope the same, but I know from some of my friends, they haven't.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:45 am

It's official. We are locked down as of Saturday. I am sooooo over this. Luckily it doesn't really affect any of us. Our whole family can still work. We are not big shoppers so we don't care about this. We also don't eat out often so that doesn't matter either. We even cut our own hair! So, it doesn't stop my normal life. It's just the general sentiment of FEAR it puts out there. I am so tired of society living in this fear mindset and judging those who are not. And, I want to be able to pop over to a Lowe's and look at the actual appliances or screws or, whatever we need, without having to think hard about what hours they are open, what the line up will be, etc, etc.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:04 pm

I'm so sorry Ontario. You know they did it because they want to ruin people Easter dinners. Good grief, it's your own family, you either trust them or you don't. If you're not comfortable you stay home, if you are you go.

I really believe that personal accountability would work much better. Why? Because just tell someone what they can't do and guess what they are going to do? Now obviously there are those that follow the rules and those who never will and those who are just so fed up, they'll break them just to do so. Why set up that scenario?

If someone wants to mask and stay home I'm all for it. Everyone needs to do what make them comfortable. As the sayings goes "you do you".
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:26 am

NarrowMinded, you are correct. As time goes on fewer people are complying. Even those who used to be pretty compliant are lax. Generally people are starting to realise that this is jot living and it's gone on too long.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:04 am

Week 11 data:
COVID-19 news & status - Page 29 2021_w21
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:08 pm

Thank you Rig
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:09 am

Ohio has revoked a whole bunch of directives and consolidated them all into a new package, from what I see, no major changes, but now it is all in one place.

Ohio's legislature passed a law restricting the Governor's authority in handling public health emergencies. He naturally vetoed it, and they promptly overrode his veto. https://www.cleveland.com/open/2021/03/ohio-lawmakers-override-dewine-veto-pass-limits-on-governors-coronavirus-powers.html
article wrote:Senate Bill 22, which takes effect in 90 days, gives lawmakers the authority to cancel any gubernatorial health orders that last longer than 30 days, require the governor’s office to renew such orders every 60 days, and create a legislative oversight panel.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:13 pm

Sounds like you are making some progress in your state.

Ours will be opening vax to all 16 and up in the next few days. So we jumped from 1a, just a week at 1b and are completely skipping 1c, and right to free for all.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Yesterday at 2:31 pm

2021 Week 12 stats:
COVID-19 news & status - Page 29 2021_111
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Yesterday at 9:34 pm

Thank you Rig.

As you know from my journal, I've had 2 cases hit close to home with 2 employees, one being my BIL.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum