Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Pay Or Not To Pay - That Is The Question

+8
Heuristicfireflower
The Walrus
ShelleyM
perennialpam
Meant2Move
Narrowminded
Admin
Pedidoc
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Would you like the paid or free version of the forum?

To Pay Or Not To Pay - That Is The Question - Page 2 Bar_left50%To Pay Or Not To Pay - That Is The Question - Page 2 Bar_right 50% 
[ 2 ]
To Pay Or Not To Pay - That Is The Question - Page 2 Bar_left50%To Pay Or Not To Pay - That Is The Question - Page 2 Bar_right 50% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

To Pay Or Not To Pay - That Is The Question - Page 2 Empty Re: To Pay Or Not To Pay - That Is The Question

Post by ONTARIO Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:04 am

It appears that presently we are at a 50/50 split on the vote. The domain name is set to renew ( or be lost ) on November 27th.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

To Pay Or Not To Pay - That Is The Question - Page 2 Empty Re: To Pay Or Not To Pay - That Is The Question

Post by sharperhawk Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:07 pm

I am not sure a one-person-one-vote poll is really the best fit for the situation. I think that a domain name with no ads is preferable for everyone. However, that comes at a price. If those who want it a lot come up with the money, others will gladly accept the benefits.

You could start a GoFundMe drive, or something similar. The amount of money donated would determine which way the forum goes.
sharperhawk
sharperhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:55 am

Since I posted in the thread I can't vote anymore.. however getting rid of the ads can be done without any additional costs, so the question is whether we want to keep the domain name that was shared at MDA (blog and forum), since most didn't use the forumotion one, or not. It will likely make it harder for people to find us.. then again the MDA forum is bound to be closed sooner rather than later..

I returned to Firefox, since Edge showed a warning for this forum yesterday, due to certain Google ads (timing or what!)  and installed both uBlock Origin and DuckDuckGo. The first one to remove all ads (regardless of being logged in or not) and the second to get rid of trackers etc as I don't want my info to be shared as it's none of anyone's business where I roam on the internet.. Cool plus it makes it more secure as well. Some of you have got no idea of what Google and social media are capable of, least of all how the info they provide to you is filtered, due to what you share on the internet..

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/duckduckgo-search-button/

Easy enough to find the same info for other browsers. Smile
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:44 am

I doubt that we'll have any more users come in by way of the info posted at MDA. To my experience, it would be quite difficult to find it now.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2