Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRIMALFORUMS.COM versus PRIMALFORUMS.FORUMOTION.COM

5 posters

Go down

PRIMALFORUMS.COM versus PRIMALFORUMS.FORUMOTION.COM Empty PRIMALFORUMS.COM versus PRIMALFORUMS.FORUMOTION.COM

Post by Admin Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:06 pm

Something has come to my attention. I am no longer able to access www.primalforums.com. I am wondering if other members are able to access the forum using the aforementioned website address. Please let me know.

I got here using www.primalforums.forumotion.com.

I would like EVERYONE's input on this.

I am thinking Forumotion is trying to make us pay for the benefit of using our own domain name.

Admin
Admin

https://primalforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

PRIMALFORUMS.COM versus PRIMALFORUMS.FORUMOTION.COM Empty Re: PRIMALFORUMS.COM versus PRIMALFORUMS.FORUMOTION.COM

Post by jackmormon Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:52 pm

I am posting this from primalforums.com. Works OK here. Did you try clearing your browser cache for primalforums.com?

jackmormon

Back to top Go down

PRIMALFORUMS.COM versus PRIMALFORUMS.FORUMOTION.COM Empty Re: PRIMALFORUMS.COM versus PRIMALFORUMS.FORUMOTION.COM

Post by ONTARIO Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:57 pm

jackmormon wrote:I am posting this from primalforums.com. Works OK here. Did you try clearing your browser cache for primalforums.com?

Interesting. What browser are you using? I am on Chrome but have also tried Edge and the Silk browser (comes installed on a Kindle tablet). Nothing. Behind the scenes in admin functions I noticed that now Forumotion want to charge a fee to use your own domain name. I am thinking that is why it does not work as we've been bumped down to a basic plan now that they have implemented this new thing.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:52 pm

I use this, and it is new to me: primalforums.forumotion.com/

I do not clear cookies unless it happens automatically as part of my set up.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by jackmormon Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:03 pm

ONTARIO wrote:
jackmormon wrote:I am posting this from primalforums.com. Works OK here. Did you try clearing your browser cache for primalforums.com?

Interesting. What browser are you using? I am on Chrome but have also tried Edge and the Silk browser (comes installed on a Kindle tablet). Nothing. Behind the scenes in admin functions I noticed that now Forumotion want to charge a fee to use your own domain name. I am thinking that is why it does not work as we've been bumped down to a basic plan now that they have implemented this new thing.

If Forumotion is wanting to charge a fee for a domain name, what may be happening is they have turned the domain off but this info hasn't been updated in all of the various DNS servers out there. These are usually assigned by the ISP. Could be mine remembers the ip address for primalforums.com for now. It works in both Chrome/Firefox on Linux & Windows.

jackmormon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:13 pm

jackmormon wrote:
ONTARIO wrote:

If Forumotion is wanting to charge a fee for a domain name, what may be happening is they have turned the domain off but this info hasn't been updated in all of the various DNS servers out there. These are usually assigned by the ISP. Could be mine remembers the ip address for primalforums.com for now. It works in both Chrome/Firefox on Linux & Windows.

This makes sense. However, I JUST logged in using www.primalforums.com again. Weird after two days of it not allowing me to. The plot thickens.

Anyway, you can see, here, what Forumotion is doing (it USED to say our forum address was primalforums.com):

PRIMALFORUMS.COM versus PRIMALFORUMS.FORUMOTION.COM Forum_10

PRIMALFORUMS.COM versus PRIMALFORUMS.FORUMOTION.COM Forum10

Admin
Admin

https://primalforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jackmormon Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:35 pm

Even weirder is I cannot get to primalforums.com anymore!

jackmormon

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:37 pm

jackmormon wrote:Even weirder is I cannot get to primalforums.com anymore!

Hahahaha! Funny! The whole thing is so odd. I'm convinced it's a Forumotion thing. I plan to send them an inquiry. But by looking at those screen shots, above, it looks pretty obvious. They've changed the rules in an attempt to make more money.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:13 am

I got here by primalforums.forumotion.com.  But it looks like you've figured it out already!
The Walrus
The Walrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum