Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Move your DNA - You are how you move

3 posters

Go down

Move your DNA - You are how you move Empty Move your DNA - You are how you move

Post by Meant2Move Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:42 pm

Katy Bowman is a favorite author/blogger of mine. I love her focus on movement - not just exercise, but fully using our bodies in a natural and healthy way for the other 23 hours of the day when we are not exercising. The podcasts is "Katy says".

Each December, she does an Advent calendar of sorts with movement as the focus. This year it is entitled "You do know squat" and the posts are on Instagram and Facebook.

I highly recommend her books "Move your DNA" and "Movement Matters". The latter is a compilation of essays on how movement affects not only our health and bodies, but also our ecology and our surroundings.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Move your DNA - You are how you move Empty Re: Move your DNA - You are how you move

Post by Narrowminded Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:36 pm

M2M - this sounds really interesting. I'm going to go check it out. Thank you.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Move your DNA - You are how you move Empty Re: Move your DNA - You are how you move

Post by Heuristicfireflower Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:23 am

Aah, yes!!! Heard her interviewed on Sean Stevenson's The Model Health Show. Learned a lot from her book on Steps to Foot Pain Relief.

I am on board with her concept that modern "supports" create weaker muscles and later degeneration of our feet. I am working on strengthening my messed up ankle as well as the "good" foot with plantar heel pain. Am going to read Move you DNA. There is hope for what's considered "age related" issues. :]
Heuristicfireflower
Heuristicfireflower

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:59 pm

As of Friday (Jan 5) the website was selling copies of the old version of the book for $8 plus shipping. There weren't that many changes between versions, so I snapped one up as I only had audio. You might want to take a look.

While I honestly don't see myself making the move to minimalist footware, KB has a lot of good wisdom on whole body movement and suggests many really good remedial exercises.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:27 pm

Thanks for the tip M2M, I’ll have to head over there.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:55 pm

I am moving towards flat shoe wear, but, know that your feet have to be strong and muscles brought back to use or it will be a difficult transition. I have hope that it will help my plantar issue along with stretching..   :]
Heuristicfireflower
Heuristicfireflower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down