Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mucusless Diet

3 posters

Go down

Mucusless Diet Empty Mucusless Diet

Post by ONTARIO Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:08 am

We had a patient come into our office and she was talking about the mucusless diet. In my mind I was thinking, "what the hell?". But then I googled it:

https://www.mucusfreelife.com/list-of-mucusless-foods/

And now I actually do think, "WTH?". I can not believe people get on this bandwagon.

I mean, don't we NEED mucous? Um, yes!

Anyway, wanted to share and see what others think.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Mucusless Diet Empty Re: Mucusless Diet

Post by Rig D Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:35 am

From the website you posted, on the "about" page:
"Take a piece of meat or something like rice as examples. You can actually melt rice down and it becomes this very sticky substance. This sticky substance is mucus. In fact, rice is used as book binder’s glue. Yet, why would we eat something that can turn into slimy glue? Over time, the accumulation of this slime builds up in the body, making it hard for our cells to breath! And all mucus-forming foods eventually turn to acids in the body, that can destroy or damage healthy cells.This discovery was made by Prof. Arnold Ehret in the late 1800s and shared with the world in his famous Mucusless Diet Healing System in 1922."
"The Mucusless Diet, which is the ORIGINAL Vegan Diet, consists of all kinds of raw and cooked fruits, starchless vegetables, and cooked or raw, mostly green-leaf vegetables. The Mucusless Diet Healing System is a combination of individually advised long- and short-term fasts, menus that progressively change to non-mucus-forming raw foods, and strategic colon irrigation."

If it being vegan isn't enough, that "strategic colon irrigation" might be the final component of a "no thanks" position. It is one band wagon I think I can easily let just roll on by.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:45 am

I think the repeated use of "pus and mucus" was their to attempt to scare people, especially since both are equated frequently with infections. Mucus has lots of important functions in the human body and I don't think it has too much to do necessarily with what you eat or don't eat. Of course, I did not care enough to read the info very carefully or do much more research on it. A healthy liming of mucus in your gut appears to help prevent a leaky gut from most of my reading.
Vh67
Vh67

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:22 pm

Rig D wrote:

If it being vegan isn't enough, that "strategic colon irrigation" might be the final component of a "no thanks" position. It is one band wagon I think I can easily let just roll on by.

Laughing Laughing Laughing I thought the exact same thing, Rig! Nope, I'm out!

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:25 pm

Vh67 wrote:I think the repeated use of "pus and mucus" was their to attempt to scare people, especially since both are equated frequently with infections.   Mucus has lots of important functions in the human body and I don't think it has too much to do  necessarily with what you eat or don't eat.  Of course, I did not care enough to read the info very carefully or do much more research on it.  A healthy liming of mucus in your gut appears to help prevent  a leaky gut from most of my reading.  

The bolded part (mine)......that was my take on it as well. I will also admit that the little bit I did read was just too far out there from what any educated person would know that I didn't bother to really read the rest of it.

But it makes me laugh is that there are so many of these cockamamie diets out there and for each one there is someone willing to follow it. Now, of course there are those out there who would say the same about primal/paleo. Wink

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:39 pm

IMO, if you want to get really "out there" you need to become a Breatharian
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:15 pm

Rig D wrote:IMO, if you want to get really "out there" you need to become a Breatharian

lol!

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down