Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you ever thought about blogging?

+3
sharperhawk
Narrowminded
ONTARIO
7 posters

Go down

Have you ever thought about blogging? Empty Have you ever thought about blogging?

Post by ONTARIO Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:11 pm

I like to read paleo blogs and follow paleo instagramers. But one thing I noticed is that nearly all of them are young, fit, and without kids. I'm 46, had two kids (ahem.... stretch marks and stretched/distorted abdominal muscles now, for life! Pregnancy was not kind to my body) and didn't come across primal until I was in the throws of driving my kids to Timbuktu and back 100 times a week. My point is that there aren't really any relatable women out there in the blogosphere for those of us that are over 40, with kids, and full time jobs, juggling the committments of spouses, family, and paying the mortgage.

I've often thought of it but wondered if there would be a following for it.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Have you ever thought about blogging? Empty Re: Have you ever thought about blogging?

Post by Narrowminded Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:22 pm

Ontario - I do think you could find a following. I guess I do see all of the insta people as young and childless. Nom Nom Paleo, Michelle comes to mind. Two boys, DH and they travel together when school is not in session. Then there is WellnessMama. Can’t think off the top of my head, but then there are those of us, over 50’s or so with grown kids...

I’m sure if you blog is interesting, you’d definitely have takers. Would be different than the ones mentioned because you wouldn’t be selling cookbooks/recipes I’m guessing?

I say give it a go.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Have you ever thought about blogging? Empty Re: Have you ever thought about blogging?

Post by ONTARIO Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:31 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Ontario - I do think you could find a following.  I guess I do see all of the insta people as young and childless.  Nom Nom Paleo, Michelle comes to mind.  Two boys, DH and they travel together when school is not in session.  Then there is WellnessMama.  Can’t think off the top of my head, but then there are those of us, over 50’s or so with grown kids...

I’m sure if you blog is interesting, you’d definitely have takers.  Would be different than the ones mentioned because you wouldn’t be selling cookbooks/recipes I’m guessing?

I say give it a go.

I really just wish someone ELSE of this demographic would blog so I could just sit back and read their stories, suggestions, etc. Neutral

I used to blog a lot. I was a daycare provider for years and years and had a pretty popular blog about that, back then. It was definitely just a niche market and it stuck to the job. My apprehension with blogging as a paleo person is that it's more of a lifestyle blog and I'm not sure I want everyone seeing my business, IYKWIM. Also, it's a very time-consuming business.

Last edited by ONTARIO on Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by sharperhawk Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:25 pm

I wouldn't think of it as a binary decision. Write if you feel the urge. The best platform depends on what you want to get out of it. Some things may be worth writing down for yourself and never sharing with anyone. Others might be good to share with a select few. Then there are platforms with increasing levels of exposure all the way to an all-out integrated social media presence.
sharperhawk
sharperhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:05 pm

I've thought about blogging, but not with any expectation of having a following (and I'm not really "paleo" enough). Instead, I'd use it to work on my writing skills. I got as far as starting it, and I have a couple of things in draft. I quickly found it was hard to balance thoughts and feelings against privacy...

Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Starkanda Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:39 pm

Interesting thought. I've never thought about it, for the reasons you suggest, but really mostly, as I feel like the blogs are successful people, and well, frankly, I feel like a total failure in that regard. I've got 2 great kids, and 40 will be here before I know it, but I can't shake the weight, it depresses me. I feel like I live in a relatively healthy way, but I have trouble sticking to things for long, i.e. certain triggers and I get to binging, though I can say I've improved there. I'm loving getting out more, but wish I could do more, between work and the kiddos, it is tough. I'm probably also one of those proverbial "thin person trapped in a fat body" types.
Heck, maybe I should start a blog. Might keep me on track for something, and who knows what else?
Anyway, I would be interested in some of you gals' stories Smile
But anyway, to answer your question, I hadn't thought about it YET.
Starkanda
Starkanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:00 am

For me, there is one big area where I think I fail big time on being able to do a blog and that is content. My normal life is pretty much same old/same old day in and day out. It would have to be essentially an opinion thing where I espouse my own philosophy of how the world ought to be, and who the heck wants to read that?
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Starkanda Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:03 pm

LOL you never know, right? People make money on YouTube opening boxes! lol!
Starkanda
Starkanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:21 pm

M2M - I quickly found it was hard to balance thoughts and feelings against privacy...

RIG - My normal life is pretty much same old/same old day in and day out. It would have to be essentially an opinion thing where I espouse my own philosophy of how the world ought to be, and who the heck wants to read that?

Yeah, what M2M and Rig said. But if those things don't bother you then do it, nothing to lose.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum