Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bob Harper’s New Diet

4 posters

Go down

Bob Harper’s New Diet Empty Bob Harper’s New Diet

Post by Rocky07 Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:03 pm

Just saw this article. Going to search to see exactly what his pre heart attack high protein/high diet was compared to his new more balanced one. If any of you already know, please post links. Thanks.

https://www.today.com/health/celebrity-trainer-bob-harper-shares-chilling-photo-1-year-after-t123816

Edit: didn’t take long to see what he is up to...parlaying his heart attack into a lucrative book deal. The comments are very entertaining.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/post-heart-attack-bob-harper-012504972.html

Rocky07

Back to top Go down

Bob Harper’s New Diet Empty Re: Bob Harper’s New Diet

Post by Rig D Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:47 pm

I don't know. Harper seems to have been all over the map on food.
Your link indicates that he is now 52. He has a family history of heart problems. He was a trainer on "Biggest Loser" with their insane weight loss regimen. He came out on the show as gay, which may/may not have an influence, but is certainly an alternative life style.
Here is is at age 46 advocating veganism:
https://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/healthy-eating/nutrition/bob-harper-diet-plan/

So he apparently shifted from vegan to paleo prior to his heart attack. Not clear when.

Now he's "balanced." Looks like you need buy his book to find out what that means. A couple of links had a daily food program, which looks pretty much in line with what I would eat, except for a couple of bread servings at breakfast and dinner. I wouldn't spend my money on his book, the guy seems to be a food faddist, and looks to my eye to be capitalizing on what was a major life crisis.

Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:38 pm

Very much following the American Heart Association guidance from what I've read. If one looks at coronary artery disease as a disease of inflammation, adding that much bread seems iffy. I've a friend who had a first heart attack in his 40's. He was very type A, but also consumed a lot of soft drinks as well as sugars in the form of sports drinks, bars and gels due to his high intensity bicycling. Further investigation showed that he has a genetic propensity for a certain type of sticky plaques and scalloping in his arteries - bad combination.

I've always wondered what the best course is for those with a stronger genetic component to their heart troubles than the average person for whom it is mostly an inflammatory response.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:42 pm

Meh, I just go back to the old, "causation does not equal correlation" argument. Who knows what other lifestyle factors were or were not involved. And then there's the genetics factor. In the end, who knows.

But I agree that he's capitalizing on it all.

Just eat real food. If it didn't grow that way don't eat it. Period.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky07 Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:13 am

if Lp(a) was the primary cause, why didn’t Harper disclose the actual results? Perhaps he does in his new book. As far as I can tell, you can not materially change Lp(a) with diet so why is Harper hawking a new diet now? He is obviously 100% profit motivated. To be honest, I don’t trust any of these shysters, even Mark. He squeezed everything he could out of Primal so now he is doing keto. Does he really believe in keto? Does he even actually eat keto? My guess is he will do whatever it takes to get the revenue coming in.

Rocky07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down