Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Billy Graham, dead at 99

2 posters

Go down

Billy Graham, dead at 99 Empty Billy Graham, dead at 99

Post by Rig D Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:06 pm

A sad day in the USA and throughout the Christian world, evangelist Billy Graham has died at age 99. He was perhaps the single loudest voice for Christianity in the 20th Century. After the Pope, he was without doubt the most widely recognized Christian in the world, possibly even more recognized than the Pope.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/02/21/billy-graham-americas-pastor-has-died/858017001/

When I was around 6-8 years old, I remember my family watching Billy Graham crusades on network TV. He was an advisor to essentially all our Presidents since Harry Truman.

We saw him in Cincinnati in 2002. He was frail and did not speak very long, but it was a worthwhile trip to the jam-packed Paul Brown stadium (home of the Bengals).

Graham was a very handsome guy, very telegenic, and had a powerful voice and projected an amazing aura.  In at least one aspect, he was way ahead of the culture. In today's world of "me too" nobody would be able to touch him.  He never met with a woman in any situation where there was not at least one other person present.

In recent memory, many tele-evangelists have made a pile of money and live an extravagant life style, Graham never did. In the picture roll on the link above are several photos showing him at his log home in Montreat, NC, near Asheville.

If any are interested in more information about Graham, visit The Cove
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Billy Graham, dead at 99 Empty Re: Billy Graham, dead at 99

Post by Narrowminded Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:00 pm

Rig you are quite correct. We had the chance to see him about 25 years ago. Fantastic
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum