Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to Nature

+2
Narrowminded
Annieh
6 posters

Go down

Back to Nature Empty Back to Nature

Post by Annieh Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:40 pm

What have you been doing lately to reconnect with your wild side and/or deepen your experience of nature?

Do you find it necessary for your wellbeing?
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Back to Nature Empty Re: Back to Nature

Post by Narrowminded Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:39 am

Annie while I can’t say I’ve done anything due to the cold and my situation. I definitely feel a difference when I can connect with nature. I can’t wait to go take a walk on a trail,near here that is totally tree covered and get back into nature. My mental health demands it.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:23 am

I suffer in the winter from lack of nature. I'm extremely cold intolerant so I avoid going out in the Ontario winter other than from door to car to door. I suck up as much nature as possible from April to October. We're camping and geocaching enthusiasts so we spend a large amount of time outside in the nicer months.

Off topic but.... I've noticed that since I've started daily exercise by counting steps that I actually seem to be able to handle a bit colder temperatures. Weird.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:23 pm

We live really close to nature and I really notice it when I spend much time in a city. We just spent a week in a largish metro area - lots of noise, people, houses, and lights. I miss seeing the moon, and actually since it was cloudy a good bit of the time, missed the sun. We were outdoors skiing 3 of the days and took walks on 2 other days so that helped, but too much civilization leaves me feeling hemmed in. I need lots of open space, and alone time. I'm just hanging on until the weekend when I can get outside and play.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:01 pm

My daughter spent a year in New York, we realised there are people who have never seen the stars. How sad that is.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:59 pm

I have been gravitating to my garden more often, and there may be a few reasons for this.
Sense of summer ending and wanting to make it last as long as possible, temperature has dropped so not so harsh outside, spent more time outdoors while away on holiday and missing that, plenty of work to do out there...I'm not really sure.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:56 am

Just back from a rejuvenating walk on Lake Michigan beach. Was needed and timely. Cannot wait to go back though when the ice shelves have melted and the lake shore shines through. I had hoped that the 60 mph winds would have helped dismantle the ice shelves. There is always hope, right?

I saw WI side had waves and some shoreline. The 30F temps were fine for being outside and wandering.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:41 am

Annie, we still have a couple of months before gardening season and I am ok gong for it. I understand the need.

Sounds like an enjoyable day PPam. I like shore lines. Did you find anything interesting?
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:41 pm

Pam you are so much better with the cold than I am. I would not be wandering in 30 deg. Smile. But what you saw was incredible.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down