The Primal Intellectual

Page 30 of 43 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Primal Intellectual - Page 30 Empty Re: The Primal Intellectual

Post by perennialpam on Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:36 am

Looks like fun. Falling is part of life.

My cc skis are old too. And getting up is difficult but I do not do it enough to purchase new ones.

Glad you had fun and your DD got a chance to try out hers.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:41 am

Sounds like a fun day, minus the recorded fall. Happy to hear you found that new skis might be in order.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:42 am

Well, it's all officially over and life is back to normal. Our office is back on regular hours, daughter is back to school and son is working, as usual. Son is also looking for another part-time job as his dive shop job isn't full-time. The shop is only open 30 hours a week and the owner works some of those hours. He still wants to keep his dive shop job as that is his passion but he wants to supplement with some additional hours elsewhere. He's applied to a number of pet stores in our area. I think he would do well at one of those. Hopefully he gets a call this week to interview. It's funny how the world has changed in that regard - it used to be the "norm" was to print out your resume and cover letter, show up to the business, fill out an application and then hope to get an interview. Now all the applications and remittance of resumes is done online. The candidate never sees the employer unless they actually get called for an interview. In short, your resume just gets stuffed in an online folder. I used to work in HR and I told my son that is NEVER going to get you hired. So, he did do the online remittance as they asked but then he printed it all out the old-fashioned way, put on a collared shirt, and showed up at the businesses and shook hands. Wink  THAT'S the way you get hired.  He's a clean-cut, well put together young man and I am sure that him showing up without 25 piercings and normal, blonde hair, and demonstrates the ability to form a real sentence and have a conversation and show societal norms like hand shaking and introducing oneself should get him a job. Let's hope!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:50 am

+1 Too many job "searches" are forced into the on-line process. I don't see how anyone can do selections the way they do and have 'em come out right. Can the candidate walk, talk, chew gum, and carry a coffee cup without spilling it? No way to tell via that on-line process.
Rig D
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:42 am

It is a different time especially for those in the construction trades. My youngest has navigated it but not happily.

It has changed so much that this dinosaur is unable to help at all, if asked -- that is. haha
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:16 am

Coming from a non-skier .............. that hill is anything but flat! You get props for just putting on the skis and sliding down the slope! Smile
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:38 pm

You relax when it gets flatter, then it is easy to catch an edge.  Yep, parabolics are wonderful!  I bought a pair a few years back and mounted my free heel bindings (I telemark) and I love them for how they make turning so much easier!
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:13 am

Today is my Friday. It is also the day of my long-awaited ultrasound. Finally! I suspect there is nothing anatomically significant going on but I would still like to 100% know for sure. As much as I want it, though, it's a terrible thing to have to pee so bad! Ugh. But I should be able to see the results in a few days through hubby's interface at work. Let's hope for the best!

Not much planned for the weekend. I think I will catch up on some housework and laundry.

It's been snowing quite a bit here and plans to continue today. Not a lot of snow - around a foot has fallen thus far but maybe 18 inches when all is said and done. It could be much worse as we haven't really had a real winter this year. We all knew it would come eventually. And, honestly, 18 inches is nothing, comparatively.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:51 am

Glad you are going to your ultrasound. Hoping you find out what you need to know.

It was supposed to snow here but did not. Cold though, very cold.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:00 pm

Ultrasound done. The req was for a pelvic and the technician did that and then also did a transvaginal. Not sure why. In between the pelvic and the transvaginal the tech left the room for me to put on a gown. She left the images up on the screen. I took a pic of them. Anyone here versed in reading ultrasound images? Wink They look pretty normal but who knows? The report comes back in two business days.

One hour until the weekend. There's a glass of red wine with my name on it. Laughing

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:46 pm

So happy to hear your Ultrasound is now complete.

I’m confused, you put a gown on after the ultrasound or where you getting redressed. Did a If it was the first way, did a Dr come in to see you?

The transvaginal helps them see, I’ve had a few in my day with issues I spoke of prior.

Hope you are enjoying that glass of wine.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:23 pm

NM....I had the pelvic without a gown - just undid my pants, with a small blanket on. I had to be gowned for the transvaginal. I'll admit, I am a wee bit concerned she wanted to do a trans AFTER the pelvic, but who knows? I've had two c-sections so there's scar tissue, etc.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:40 pm

I hope you have a relaxing evening and weekend. Enjoy that glass of wine and we'll all have good thoughts toward a 'perfectly normal' result next week.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:57 am

Well, we have the images and the short blurb by the tech (which cites why she also did the trans).The tech mentioned adenomyosis. My uterus is also 9mm thick and bulky and heterogeneous. No transcription yet of the radiology report. But it's looking like adenomyosis. Let's hope our initial thoughts are correct! There are worse things than adenomyosis. We'll know for sure when the transcription comes back Monday or Tuesday.

Did some grocery shopping today. It was very busy so I'm glad I don't have to shop the inside aisles of a grocery store. I love it when this store has a "spend $20 on produce and get $2.50 back". They aren't making money on any paleo shoppers! We bought broccoli, watermelon, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, zucchini, mangoes, fresh herbs, avacados, peaches, etc.

It's beautifully sunny, albeit cold, today. Had to go to the mall (my least favourite place) to find a gift for MIL birthday. No luck! The search continues.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm

Well, at least you have received some indication of what you are dealing with.

It is sunny and cold here too.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:03 pm

perennialpam wrote:Well, at least you have received some indication of what you are dealing with.  

It is sunny and cold here too.  

The not knowing drives me insane! I'm a questioner so I typically will research until I have the answer. It makes me feel insanely powerless to have to wait for the answer. Also, I'll admit that I really, really, really just want to know I'm not dealing with you-know-what.......I refuse to even say the word. So, I continue to impatiently wait.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:18 pm

I understand your concern and I wish there was a way I could relieve it. Having just been through an operation and waiting for the results....I honestly know.

I am hoping for a positive outcome for you and a great deal of stress relief.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:25 pm

Happy to hear it may be a relatively simple issues, comparatively speaking. Hopefully the radiologist report will confirm.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:32 am

Your grocery list sounds fantastic! Yum.
Good luck with the gift shopping,not a favourite activity of mine either.
Annieh
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:20 am

It's Monday and it's cold! Hopefully it warms up a bit later today. I just can not handle the cold. It's literally physically uncomfortable and no matter how warm I dress it's just too cold.

Hopefully the sonography report comes back today. I'm chomping at the bit, here!

Two things are happening. One, I am peeing constantly. I also have the urge to pee quite rapidly. I am hoping that is just the progesterone catching up and settling in. Progesterone is a diuretic. I've also always been the type who seemed to have a gallon-sized bladder so peeing a lot isn't something I'm used to. I'm also starving all the time. This is also new. I'm starting to wonder how long my hormones have been whacked!

Other than all that, above, life is good. I'm sitting here, in our office, with my little doggie beside me, sipping coffee with the space heater going. I'm housed, I'm fed, I have all the comforts. My family is all well and safe and thriving (daughter has a nasty cold, but in the grand scheme of things she is 'well"). And, when one puts all that into perspective I really have nothing to complain about. Very Happy

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:50 am

Interesting changes. Could it simply be "stress"?

I hope things get back to normal quickly and that you get your results ASAP.

It went into the teens here last night. Brrr.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:18 am

I'm with you on the cold........ once I get a chill it takes what feels like hours to get warmed again. I have never been interested in snow-type adventures or sports because of this. I also do not do well in heat! I'm perfectly comfortable when the temps are between 65 (if sunny) and 80. Thats my 15 degree's of bliss Smile

Hope that report comes very soon! It can be very unnerving waiting for these types of things.
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:02 pm

Eek, the pee thing would make me a bit crazy.  That said, I started taking D-mannose a few years back when I developed some urgency (happened with menopause). It doesn't interact with other drugs based on research I did then, yet helps the problem nicely.  When T was catheterized after his surgery in September, a bit of damage may have been done - he had serious and sudden urgency. I put him on D-mannose 3 times a day and it helped very quickly to reduce the problem.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:54 pm

M2M...thanks for the D-mannose suggestion. I'll definitely look that up and see what it's all about. I am alllll for natural means to an end.

But, before I do/take anything I am waiting (still! Grrr) for the ultrasound report. I am wondering if maybe I have a cyst or fibroid that is large and pressing on the bladder. If the ultrasound tech's blurb about adenomyosis is correct it is possible there is a physical reason for the bladder. I noticed the urgency sensation sort of "there" over the last few weeks but it wasn't bothersome then. It's gradually gotten worse. I also know that progesterone aids in smooth muscle relaxation so I'm also wondering about that.

In short, I am in a stalling pattern until I know definitively what I'm dealing with.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Hang in there, hopefully the report will be there tomorrow.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 43 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36 ... 43  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum