The Primal Intellectual

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Re: The Primal Intellectual

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:13 pm

So sorry Ontario. I used to get like that with PMS, I certainly don’t miss it. Hopefully no more changes tomorrow and you can get on the right path.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:02 pm

Well, NO ultrasound today. Evil or Very Mad

I got there, drank a gallon of water beforehand and felt like I was going to burst. The lab didn't have my requisition from the MD. They have it faxed over....it's incomplete. So, they ask again for it and waited and waited....and then the tech tells me it's her lunch break and I would have to come back an hour later. Well, considering that my bladder was NOT going to make it an hour and I would not be able to fill it up in that time I had to reschedule. I am not a happy person right now.

Oh, and they aren't scheduling until into January now. I'm going to forecast how this is going to go down....I'm starting progesterone cream daily. I actually used some on Monday night and then twice Tuesday and then this morning. My symptoms are going to disappear and I'm not going to bother to go to the ultrasound.

On a positive note...no bleeding today. Yesterday was just when I wiped (sorry, TMI), and almost looked like old blood.

I don't even see the point of keeping my MD appointment to go over my blood work on Friday. I already have the results and I am not interested in his high cholesterol speech. And, now I won't have any ultrasound results either. I'm probably not going to the appointment and will cancel. The Canadian medical model at its best. I admit, I am a terrible patient but this is exactly why!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:35 pm

How disappointing!

Glad to hear the cream seems to be helping.

I do not blame you from cancelling.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:49 pm

I hate to judge, but it was quite unprofessional of the tech to go lunch when you had been waiting. Yes, people need breaks and food. But really, couldn't other things have been moved a bit? In all of the time I worked in hospitals, I never turned away a patient because it was lunchtime. And I always got my breaks in - I was a champion break taker actually! Smile. Well, this isn't helping, is it? So I will stop ranting now.

So glad the cream is helping. Must be a relief and maybe the end is in sight.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:34 am

This is the beginning of day 4 of the progesterone cream and I am already feeling sooooo much better, mentally. I couldn't stand myself and the anger I felt. I'm usually pretty chill and a "live and let live" sort of person but I was definitely not feeling that way lately. I've never understood post-partum depression until now. A decline in progesterone brings on PPD and explains the rage. And the same decline happens in peri-menopause (as compared to excess estrogen) and makes you feel the same way. Gosh, what an eye-opener!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:40 pm

I’m so sorry about the ultrasound mix up. I agree, rather rude of the tech, esp for someone with a full bladder.

Happy to hear the cream is helping.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:51 pm

Glad you are using the cream. Totally get the anger and nothing makes me happy feelings. If the tech could not do your ultrasound, she had an extra bit of time that she got as a break. Very unprofessional.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:48 pm

I went to the MD appointment/follow-up to the blood work. Hubby got all doctor-ey on me and basically made me go.

In short, doc didn't seem at all concerned about my blood work, other than ferritin. He want me to do an occult blood test. Yuck! He also stressed the importance of the ultrasound (as did hubby when he went all doctor on me). I have it rebooked for Jan 10th. Doc was pretty angry they didn't do it yesterday because of their "lunch break". He's going to call them and ream them out. He also agreed the progesterone cream can do no harm and to keep using it if it's working for me. He also wants hubby to take my blood pressure at home for an accurate reading. I get performance anxiety about that at the doctor's office and it always reads high. Medical offices make me incredibly anxious.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:12 pm

I have the same problem with my blood pressure. I am sorry that you have to redo your ultrasound prep. I hate having to do them.

I am glad that the cream is starting to work,
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Ditto on the blood pressure, which all my providers think is hysterically funny! Rolling Eyes
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:08 pm

Ontario I’m glad DH is acting on your health behalf. I know it’s frustrating to you.

Also happy the DR is going to ream out the tech for not doing the US. Hopefully Jan with go off w/o a hitch.

Lots of people have their BP go up at the Dr.

Pedi - I can understand why your providers would think it funny considering you are one of them Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:29 am

Higher BP at the doc is common, I have it too. I take mine at home daily, early in the day, with a wrist monitor, usually take 3 reads and average them out since there is always variance between the three samples. I record it in a spreadsheet, of course, along with my weight and what I ate the prior day. I find my BP varies a good bit from day to day.

Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:19 pm

It's back. Damn it! I'm so freaking frustrated right now. I'm just done. To think I have to just sit and wait now until Jan 11th, at the earliest, literally makes me want to cry. Ive been dealing with this for 6 weeks now and I can't/don't want to deal with it for another month.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:34 pm

While I know this will not make it any better, I am sorry you are going through this.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:01 pm

Can you ask to be put on a cancellation list?
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:16 am

Pedidoc wrote:While I know this will not make it any better, I am sorry you are going through this.

+1
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:12 am

Hang in there, we're all pulling for you.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:35 am

Ontario,

I am sorry that this is going on and getting answers is taking so long. I understand your frustration and wish there was something helpful I could say. Hang in there!

Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:15 am

Day 42.....

Sorry guys, I haven't been replying much. I just went and read all your journals today. I've been throwing  myself a little pity party as of late. I just feel like my body is defying me - being disloyal. And, truth be told, as much as I am not, have not, been allowing the more sinister possibilities enter my head, I am terrified! Of course, Google doesn't help.  I am just trying to tell myself that since my periods have actually stopped since all this scanty daily bleeding began that it's more than likely just hormonal. I am trying, really, really, really hard to keep telling myself this.

I'm also tired. Really tired. One can not lose blood for 42 days straight and not be tired. I already struggled with iron - have my whole life - so this is not helping. And my doc doesn't want to do anything until the ultrasound is back.

Yesterday I did not feel like going for a walk when hubby mentioned it but I went anyway because I knew it would make me feel better. It did. My attitude needed it. But this morning I woke up and my heel is killing me. It's likely plantar fasciitis. So, rest, some stretching, and wearing my supportive running shoes today (to work! Gah!). No walking, though, which is a big bummer.

I'm trying to stay positive. But dealing with the unknown is very trying combined with just feeling tired and a bit whacked doesn't help. The progesterone IS helping me with my mood. I feel tons better that way. I am no longer irritable. And, on a positive note, my skin has that nice, pregnancy glow to it! LOL!

I'm also trying to be kinder to myself during this time. I'm taking it easy, eating well, but not stressing over a scoop of ice-cream, and trying not to stress about things.

Last edited by ONTARIO on Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:23 am

Aw Ontario I feel for you. I battled iron myself for years. I understand how "tired" you are feeling.

Glad you went for that walk even when not wanting to. I feel movement is always needed no matter how I feel.

Have a good day, dearie.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:30 am

There are times when Google is not your friend and now is one of those time! When I was diagnosed with lymphoma, I terrified myself by spending too much time on the interwebs. So stop that for now or at least limit it until you know more.

I am at high risk for anemia and try to avoid it by upping high iron foods. You are eating that steak for your health! Lots of cooked green with a squeeze of lemon to make the iron a little more bioavailabe. Boatloads of high iron seafood. You may need to supplement for a while too.

Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you. Stress makes hormonal issues worse. It is important to figure out what is going on but try not to let it consume you. I get how tired you are but I am glad you are getting out. It will get better.

Big hugs and lots of steak!
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:40 pm

You may not have seen this: For your heel issue, Brad Kearns has an interesting post on exactly that issue:
2 stretches to heal Plantar Fasciitis

If you try it and it works, let us know.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:41 pm

Rig D wrote:You may not have seen this: For your heel issue, Brad Kearns has an interesting post on exactly that issue:
2 stretches to heal Plantar Fasciitis

If you try it and it works, let us know.

Thanks, Rig. Yes, those are pretty much what I am doing now. It does work, by the way. But it will take time depending on how bad it is.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:45 pm

tomi1000 wrote:Can you ask to be put on a cancellation list?  

I'm on it. I called today.

I changed to a different ultrasound clinic from the first one. I was so miffed with the service (or lack thereof) that I asked the doc, at my last appointment, to book me in at a different company. The new clinic is literally a 2 minute walk from work AND hubby is on their internet interface for patient lab reports, radiology reports, etc. So, all in all, if I get the call I can pretty much show up within the time frame of filling my bladder. I will also likely see the results long before my MD does at my next appointment right from the comfort of my own office chair. I didn't help hubby through school for nothing! Wink Razz

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:34 pm

Clever woman!  
I completely get that feeling that your body has somehow betrayed you. Very frustrating! I feel that way every time I get injured or have some unexplained malady, like the current nerve thing. Glad to read you are being kind to yourself, and do try and reduce to worry as you can, it really does not serve a body well.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum